Best Cheesesteak in Philly Metro (1 Viewer)

slisk250

Straight Flush
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I will be picking my wife up at PHL. I have half a day to kill as I’m in Washington, PA overnight. Don’t care about touristy or not. This is 100% about one thing. Quality of Sammich.

Your input will be scaled by 2 factors. First is how close you are. Next would be how you rank an Atlantic City White House Italian sub against all comers.

Where am I going?

Cheesesteak, not cheesecake I presume?
Or maybe it's
beefcake-eric-cartman.gif

Of all the things for a city to be famous for - a steak and cheese sub? Seems like you could make that anywhere. It’s not like they have some special local beef. Or some special local cheese. I’d be willing to bet you can get a steak and cheese sub in any city as good as you’d get in Philadelphia. I think Philadelphia is probably full of shit. Mostly because I went to school with a tool from Philadelphia and he used to grumble loudly and often that you couldn’t get a decent cheesesteak in Boston. I’ve always assumed that this is all crap. Like, how hard is it to make a steak and cheese sub??
But I’m curious who hear your results.

Of all the things for a city to be famous for - a steak and cheese sub? Seems like you could make that anywhere. It’s not like they have some special local beef. Or some special local cheese. I’d be willing to bet you can get a steak and cheese sub in any city as good as you’d get in Philadelphia. I think Philadelphia is probably full of shit. Mostly because I went to school with a tool from Philadelphia and he used to grumble loudly and often that you couldn’t get a decent cheesesteak in Boston. I’ve always assumed that this is all crap. Like, how hard is it to make a steak and cheese sub??
Spoken like a true Bostonian :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Will you be joining us at treehouse this weekend?

Spoken like a true Bostonian :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Will you be joining us at treehouse this weekend?
I forgot all about that. I’m probably booked out, but if there are some details somewhere, let me know?

Chef friend recommended Dalessandro’s to me when I was in town. Enjoyed it but wasn’t blown away. Not sure exactly what I was expecting out of a cheesesteak tho.

Of all the things for a city to be famous for - a steak and cheese sub? Seems like you could make that anywhere. It’s not like they have some special local beef. Or some special local cheese. I’d be willing to bet you can get a steak and cheese sub in any city as good as you’d get in Philadelphia.
I have to say that it’s harder to find places that have the right bread. At least here on the west coast.

I had a better cheese steak on Anna Maria Island than I did any any of my frequent trips to Philly.

I said it.

20170224_165755.jpg

My fave is Philip’s steaks at 23rd and Passyunk Ave. John’s is overrated imo but people love it. Dallasandros is good too but I haven’t been there in years. The other questions are wit (onions) or without, and wiz or American. I like wit onions and wiz, aka “wiz wit.” Now I’m hungry!

My fave is Philip’s steaks at 23rd and Passyunk Ave. John’s is overrated imo but people love it. Dallasandros is good too but I haven’t been there in years. The other questions are wit (onions) or without, and wiz or American. I like wit onions and wiz, aka “wiz wit.” Now I’m hungry!
I thought they called it government cheese?

In 50 years I’ve never had a steak and cheese or steak bomb in Boston and vicinity that could touch the greatness of a Philly cheesesteak. Not just Pat’s and Genoa’s either. Plenty of killer places. Of course you can only get a Roast Beef like this up here and only north of Boston
1905626B-18F7-4731-B54E-DC4B5F1253A0.jpeg
B6C805E0-74C4-4E90-B32E-DFB7A99BEEA0.jpeg

In 50 years I’ve never had a steak and cheese or steak bomb in Boston and vicinity that could touch the greatness of a Philly cheesesteak. Not just Pat’s and Genoa’s either. Plenty of killer places. Of course you can only get a Roast Beef like this up here and only north of BostonView attachment 1234844View attachment 1234843
WTF? Don't they kill the animal first?

Would have said Mama’s just NW of the city but apparently they’re only open Wed-Sat now.

In 50 years I’ve never had a steak and cheese or steak bomb in Boston and vicinity that could touch the greatness of a Philly cheesesteak. Not just Pat’s and Genoa’s either. Plenty of killer places. Of course you can only get a Roast Beef like this up here and only north of BostonView attachment 1234844View attachment 1234843
Try Carl’s in Waltham, they have a couple of other locations under the name TC Lando’s as well but Carl’s is probably closest.

I forgot all about that. I’m probably booked out, but if there are some details somewhere, let me know?
I’ll be there on Friday, Sat, and Sunday. It’s possible on Monday if they add anything new I want. Not sure what time of day on Saturday and Sunday but most likely early afternoon. On Friday we will be there in the early evening. It depends on traffic as I’m coming from Manhattan

Well then, I need more info. We are in the Boston area this weekend. We are only here to drink, eat, and haul beer back. Wife loves Tree House. Asked if she wanted to go…

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom