The horrors of moving (1 Viewer)

I'm not a master mover nor do I play one on TV, but THIS is what you need to move chipes
mk.PNG

Our last move was 6 years ago and it was only a 20 minute drive away. We moved all of the small and valuable stuff ourselves over a few days. Then hired a moving company for the the big stuff.

Moving is a great opportunity to get rid of a lot of crap you don’t really need that you somehow keep accumulating and to update things that you are replacing.

I have moved 4 times. The first time I was able to pack everything I owed into the back of my SUV. Everything I bought new and had it delivered. My friends and I played Madden on folding chairs waiting around for all the delivery companies to show up that day, by far the easiest move of them all lol.
so my dad was in the navy and we moved every 3 years like clockwork until I was a teen. the navy moved us 'for free'. I'm north of 40 years old. Last year when I was at my parents house helping my dad clean some stuff out of the garage I found boxes that were part of the move we did when I was 5.

opportunity =/= done

My wife is lucky I married her. One of the first things I did for her was help her move between apartments. She took about the biggest box she had at her disposal, and filled it with BOOKS. Not pillows or comforters. BOOKS. I about killed myself moving that box. To her credit, she has never done that again, despite moving at least a few times since then.

My wife is lucky I married her. One of the first things I did for her was help her move between apartments. She took about the biggest box she had at her disposal, and filled it with BOOKS. Not pillows or comforters. BOOKS. I about killed myself moving that box. To her credit, she has never done that again, despite moving at least a few times since then.

I fell for that one too. She also had one of those big water jugs she had filled about 1/2 way with change.

I hear you. We moved last year and I personally packed and transported all my chips myself in my car. Tedious indeed, but no way in Hades was I trusting the moving company to take care of those!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom