The horrors of moving (2 Viewers)

Psypher1000

Straight Flush
Reaction score
So we're moving to Tucson soon and today I had to pack up ye ol' chip locker.

Boxing. And boxing.

and boxing.

Soooo many chips.

If you're a chip hoarder, don't ever move unless you're prepared to face the horrific reality of just how many chips you actually have - and some of which I'd even FORGOTTEN about.

Also, next time someone hears me considering moving, please remind me how much I hate the process and suggest a nicer alternative such as, say, "not moving."

We moved from MA to AZ in 2021. Driving across the country with the wife and the bulldog and 7500 chips was NOT fun. 5 medium sized cardboard Paulson boxes and I had to bring them into the hotel at night and back in the car during the day (took us 5 days to make the drive).

Agreed. I’ve moved at least three times since I’ve started in this hobby, and every time it’s worse than the last.

First house 12 years, present house 14 years. If I ever move again my only concern is “where are the poker tables going.”

Accumulation… The real problem with being anywhere too long. When will we learn?

7362FB10-F614-4142-9912-CEBE86AF9FA2.gif

Try an extra-long Ford van filled floor to roof with two huge cacti, 500+ bottles of wine and Scotch, and 80K+ poker chips.

Never again...
As I was boxing my stuff I was thinking of all the chips on those steel storage racks of yours and thought, if he ever has to move he’ll probably just die instead. Too much. Didn’t even consider the wine collection.

We moved from MA to AZ in 2021. Driving across the country with the wife and the bulldog and 7500 chips was NOT fun. 5 medium sized cardboard Paulson boxes and I had to bring them into the hotel at night and back in the car during the day (took us 5 days to make the drive).
Ugh, gross. That’s enough to motivate a man to try and cut a day or two off the drive just to reduce chip movement.

As a college student I was a mover. Moving is the worst thing people do on a regular basis.

I've lived in the same house for 20 years and it'll be at least 10 years and probably closer to 20 before I move again and that will hopefully be a permanent move into where I want to retire.

As I was boxing my stuff I was thinking of all the chips on those steel storage racks of yours and thought, if he ever has to move he’ll probably just die instead. Too much. Didn’t even consider the wine collection.
One of the main reasons for M.F.K. Fisher naming her new home in California "Last House"... :cool

We moved all over when I worked at my old job. Absolutely hate boxing up and not settling, but it’s part of the journey, right?

Finally retired and settled in our HOME, and I’ll never move again. Picked out a place to be buried and everything :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I HATE moving with a passion, But the ahole/idiots in charge of CA are turning it into a cesspool so I may be making like a tree in a few years... :(
My family got out of there a long time ago. Credit to my parents that recognized the shift. Way ahead of their time.

Now, we are seeing our California brethren flocking here. Problem is, they quickly forget what they are fleeing, and they are quickly turning our haven into the cesspool they’re fleeing. It’s unbelievable, really.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom