Site Upgrade - July 1st (1 Viewer)

I was a paying member of a certain other site, so I definitely don't mind supporting again if it comes to that. But I also remember quite a bit of complaining about having to pay. So not too sure that is a good way to go if the ads earn enough to support the site already.

I actually find some of the ads to be helpful. Even as I'm writing this, the banner is for the Denver CityPass. Not sure what that is, but I'll be in Denver in under a month, so it's time to click thru...

I was a paying member of a certain other site, so I definitely don't mind supporting again if it comes to that. But I also remember quite a bit of complaining about having to pay. So not too sure that is a good way to go if the ads earn enough to support the site already.

The funny thing is that we don't have a ton of ads here. 99% of the time we show just one ad at the top. Only on the forum home page there is a 2nd ad in the sidebar. None of the ads are popups or worst yet pop unders. Many sites totally overdo it with the ads and it can be annoying as hell. So I understand why the use of ad blockers has been on the rise but it hurts sites that just try to make ends meet.

Anything extra has always been given back to the community in the form of giveaways, meetup sponsorships, and recently, subsidizing the cost of the toppers. And when there isn't anything extra, I still do these things when I have the means. Its just not as frequent.

If I did add an optional supporting member tier, it would be just that, optional. It will never be a pay to play deal here. What I mean by that is no site features or permissions would ever be taken away and you'll never be asked to turn off a blocker to view content. I won't go down that road. It doesn't exist on my map. If the option is offered, and to minimize the number of transactions, it would just be a single, yearly, supporting member tier.

The funny thing is that we don't have a ton of ads here. 99% of the time we show just one ad at the top. Only on the forum home page there is a 2nd ad in the sidebar. None of the ads are popups or worst yet pop unders. Many sites totally overdo it with the ads and it can be annoying as hell. So I understand why the use of ad blockers has been on the rise but it hurts sites that just try to make ends meet.
Ads on my laptop don't bother me at all. It's a bit more cumbersome when using the phone (because they take up so much relative real estate, and forces scrolling down to see anything pertinent when refreshing the screen), but I've not been bothered so much that I've considered using an ad-blocker or paying extra to have them removed.

PCF is great, gives us chocolate cake....

:poop: <~~~ Not chocolate cake, pudding, ice cream, etc. (just in case there was any confusion. ;))

Did the upgrade screw up the Fantasy Chip designer. Asks for login and non functional...

I get the same thing:

Screenshot_20180715-091943.png

I note it has chain link icon on the homepage:

Screenshot_20180715-091933.png

So does the Poker Chip Database but I can access that fine without login prompt

I’m having a problem when I click on a picture, sometimes it only loads half. Sometimes it works fine. Can’t really figure out any pattern to when it does or doesn’t work.

4A210185-D952-4216-BA51-29CF248E27BA.png

Will there ever be the option in media albums to "move to another album"? I keep deleting pics from one album to upload it in another whenever I'm cleaning up my pics, and noticed I'm losing all the likes attached to the deleted pictures. Losing the likes is secondary, the main thing is it would just be easier than reuploading and rewriting the description etc.

Context: I have albums such as "current sets", previous sets, trade bait and move things around from time to time. :bag:

I now see the move option and it works great. Thanks. Are you now gonna tell me you did nothing and it was already there? :D

(y) :thumbsup: Nah, settings that were previously combined under one control are now separate.

I’m having a problem when I click on a picture, sometimes it only loads half. Sometimes it works fine. Can’t really figure out any pattern to when it does or doesn’t work.

View attachment 186969
I've actually got the same behavior quite often. Interestingly enough, just on the mobile. Maybe its Safari/IOS specific thing?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom