Site Maintenance (1 Viewer)

Tommy

Royal Flush
Admin
Supporter
Reaction score
I have a new dedicated server on order and will be moving the site to it early next month. The reason for the upgrade is to move from CentOS (reaching EOL in 2024) to the AlmaLinux OS. I also took this opportunity to upgrade the server specs with an eight-core Xenon, more RAM, and more NVMe storage. Should be good for a while. I'll post an update when I have a date and time set for the move. It will take anywhere between 2 and 4 hours.

I have a new dedicated server on order and will be moving the site to it early next month. The reason for the upgrade is to move from CentOS (reaching EOL in 2024) to the AlmaLinux OS. I also took this opportunity to upgrade the server specs with an eight-core Xenon, more RAM, and more NVMe storage. Should be good for a while. I'll post an update when I have a date and time set for the move.

clap-bravo.gif

I also took this opportunity to upgrade the server specs with an eight-core Xenon, more RAM, and more NVMe storage. Should be good for a while.
Is that a challenge? Alright PCF - I think we need some more "Showcase" threads! Some ideas:
  • Rolling Edge pR0n
  • Macro H&C pR0n
  • Textured Inlay pR0n
  • Pictures of Chips with My Cat pR0n
  • etc...
Thanks Tommy!

Awesome, let me know if you need some backup for the upgrade

This is a relief! I’ve been losing sleep worrying about what will happen when CentOS reaches EOL in 2024.

*But seriously, thanks @Tommy! We appreciate what you do.
Hahahaha. Some of our products use Cent OS and I don't think our developers have even considered this yet!

I absolutely hated when there was a major update, back when I had my vB forum. Seemed like there was always some php, asp, or other "upgrades" that was guaranteed to cause issues. Never was big enough to own/host my own server. Site update convo's always bring back horrible nightmares! Ugh! Restoring the database from backups (backing up and restoring was all remote, on mB speeds). Had to use FTPpro or some other FTP software that would verify packets.

Glad it's you, Tommy, raising a drink in your direction! Many thanks!

but can it play run DOOM?
For those lesser mortals that didn't get the joke, there is a movement where people do crazy things to get doom installed on some odd things, one such oddity is a pregnancy test stick, and I think another is one of those pet flash drives from the 90s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom