Site Upgrade - July 1st (1 Viewer)

I'm missing one feature that existed before the site changes. Find all threads created by a certain member. Was always handy when you were hunting for a thread of which you couldn't remember the exact name but you knew who created it. There used to be a shortlink on each member's profile for that, now gone, and I haven't found a way to get the regular search feature to turn up only first-posts instead of any post.

I'm missing one feature that existed before the site changes. Find all threads created by a certain member. Was always handy when you were hunting for a thread of which you couldn't remember the exact name but you knew who created it. There used to be a shortlink on each member's profile for that, now gone, and I haven't found a way to get the regular search feature to turn up only first-posts instead of any post.
Click on the FIND button on a member's profile. It provides option for all content or threads.

After a few days with the new site layout, I've found one minor thing that is really bugging me. I'm not that old (yet) and my eyes are still decent, but I have a really hard time quickly seeing which page I'm on when looking at the page selector bar:

1530809567917.png

I think it would help a lot to choose highlight colors with more contrast and perhaps to bold the number of the current page. It would also make this widget a LOT friendlier to those with color-blindness and/or poor vision.

Also, I just noticed that the Report link now has an icon, but it doesn't say "Report" anymore. Maybe it can have both?

Okay, I'm done complaining, Tommy. For now... :D

speaking of the site . . . I would be more than happy to pay some nominal fee to get rid of the ads.

speaking of the site . . . I would be more than happy to pay some nominal fee to get rid of the ads.

...but how would you participate in the Banner Ad thread?

On a somewhat unrelated note... pre-update, clicking the post number would bring up a pop-up for easy linking (as done in the Banner Ad link above). That feature is currently gone.

On a somewhat unrelated note... pre-update, clicking the post number would bring up a pop-up for easy linking (as done in the Banner Ad link above). That feature is currently gone.

That is strange that it was removed. Will have to look into it. For now you can just right click on it, and select copy link address.

You could use an ad blocker to remove them. If you suggesting something like having a usergroup upgrade option to remove them while still supporting the site, I could add a yearly single tier option. What sort of nominal fee would be acceptable for something like that?

After a few days with the new site layout, I've found one minor thing that is really bugging me. I'm not that old (yet) and my eyes are still decent, but I have a really hard time quickly seeing which page I'm on when looking at the page selector bar:

View attachment 184954

I think it would help a lot to choose highlight colors with more contrast and perhaps to bold the number of the current page. It would also make this widget a LOT friendlier to those with color-blindness and/or poor vision.

Yeah, I can tweak the color for it.

Also, I just noticed that the Report link now has an icon, but it doesn't say "Report" anymore. Maybe it can have both?

Okay, I'm done complaining, Tommy. For now... :D

I originally had it with the icon and text but it looked cleaner with just the icon. Saves on some horizontal space in the bottom bar too. It does say report when you mouse over it.

You could use an ad blocker to remove them. If you suggesting something like having a usergroup upgrade option to remove them while still supporting the site, I could add a yearly single tier option. What sort of nominal fee would be acceptable for something like that?
I do use an ad blocker which results in a period huge green nag banner. And haven't found a solution for mobile, where the banner ad takes up the whole screen.

I'd like to pay an amount that would genuinely contribute to the cost of running the site on a per-user basis. $1/month?

I think it would help a lot to choose highlight colors with more contrast and perhaps to bold the number of the current page.

Done and done. :cool:

That is strange that it was removed. Will have to look into it. For now you can just right click on it, and select copy link address.

So I confirmed that they did remove it. :rolleyes: There are two ways to get a post's permalink now.
  1. Click on the post number, (page will re-load) and copy the URL from the browsers address bar. (good for mobile devices)
  2. You can right click on the post number and select Copy link address.

View attachment 184954

I just wish this also appeared at the top on my phone in portrait view.

I wouldn't be opposed to $1 a month. It supports the site without having to look at ugly ads all the time.

Sure, that's why I made the suggestion. :cool: But it also takes away from supporting the site.
Agreed.

I guess my thought is that if someone finds the banner ads so annoying that they stopped visiting the site, browser removal might be a happy medium.

Not sure if it was an upgrade issue but..

Adding feedback to a seller, it wouldn't let me cut and paste the sale URL in the *required* space. And only option was a URL that was not my transaction.

Not sure if it was an upgrade issue but..

Adding feedback to a seller, it wouldn't let me cut and paste the sale URL in the *required* space. And only option was a URL that was not my transaction.

Did you post in that seller's thread? The one that you are trying to leave feedback for and the one that is not your transaction?

Did you post in that seller's thread? The one that you are trying to leave feedback for and the one that is not your transaction?

No. I did not post in their For Sale thread.

Not sure about the wrong thread it was showing me, went back a year and couldn't find it.

No. I did not post in their For Sale thread.

Not sure about the wrong thread it was showing me, went back a year and couldn't find it.

That's working as intended then. In order for the seller to give or receive feedback, the buyer must have posted in the ad thread.

That's working as intended then. In order for the seller to give or receive feedback, the buyer must have posted in the ad thread.

Ok. Wasn't sure why i couldn't cut and paste either. But they got positive feedback in the end, just not linked to the actual sale.

Wouldn't mind a way of contributing to a Sale thread after it is closed so that feedback can be left when communications done through PMs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom