Site Upgrade - July 1st (3 Viewers)

Like the new look also,

except the emoji for Whistling now looks like i'm blowing kisses. :whistle: :whistling: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

So what was the upgrade about? Just security and back-end improvements? Haven't seen any new features at first glance.

Edit: Found a bug in the new text editor. If you select a link and then try to apply an underline or custom font color, it will silently delete the link. Just screwed up my signature with that when I tried to get the muddy orange links back to black as they were before.

I couldn't reproduce this. If it happens again, let me know. I did notice that you have to style the text first before making it a link for the style to apply. Cleaner way of nesting <span> tags I guess.

I browse almost exclusively on mobile (and therefore blame all typos on fat fingers). I like that the nav bar stays at the top of the screen as you scroll. No more zooming to the top of a thread to get to New Posts.

(y) :thumbsup:

Love the new look as well, and the extra shortcut menu that stays on top when u turn in landscape mode

shortcut menu that stays on top when u turn in landscape mode

Mine stays at the top in portrait or landscape...

Screenshot_20180701-090100.png

I'd like to see a "new posts" button on every page.
I think it's particular strange that I can click on new posts, follow a link to a classified, and then there's no new post button available to me.

Looks nice in general, but definitely don't like that clicking on a poster's name to the left of his post does not offer a route to his profile. And the option in that pop-up to open a conversation is redundant, with the envelope image right next door already.

And the option in that pop-up to open a conversation is redundant, with the envelope image right next door already.

The popup and its options are built into the core software. While it could be customized, it better to not mess with the core files unless its absolutely necessary. It a global piece of code and would remove it from all other areas of the site like the gallery where there is no icon.

Think of it this way, you can follow someone (or ignore them) and start a convo with them all from one popup. ;) Although I'm not sure if you can start a convo with someone that you ignore. :unsure:

2018-07-01_12-30-30.png

2018-07-01_12-37-28.png

I'd like to see a "new posts" button on every page.
I think it's particular strange that I can click on new posts, follow a link to a classified, and then there's no new post button available to me.

Must be you, I see a New Posts button in the Classifieds. ;)

2018-07-01_12-45-59.png

I'm getting a number of "broken" emojis:
Untitled.png

Pretty minor, but thought you should be aware.
Chrome on Windows 10

I'm getting a number of "broken" emojis:
View attachment 184205

Pretty minor, but thought you should be aware.
Chrome on Windows 10

Yup... its a bug in Chrome. Its well documented over on the Chromium Dev site. They may or may not fix it in the next Chrome release. :rolleyes:

If you set your scaling to 100% it should fix it.

chrome-bug.png

The new look sort of makes me want to obtain more poker chips, and poker chip accessories.....

the option in that pop-up to open a conversation is redundant, with the envelope image right next door already.
Where this really comes in handy is when viewing a (group) conversation, and wanting to start a private conversation with one of the participants. The member icon in a conversation does not have that envelope option.

One might argue that the envelope image is what is really redundant.

Tommy, the new emojis blow. Never liked the current lineup (when using other forums).

Did some fine tuning to the attachment system. I know some got a "security error" when trying to upload very large images with a high pixel density.
This should happen less now. The server will still re-size the image to something more manageable for the file system but will accept larger images now.

If I set my scaling to 100%, I can't read it. :cool:

LOL... I know the feeling man. It a multiplier thing. It's fine at 200% but that is quite large. LOL

2018-07-01_13-38-13.png

cousin-vinny.jpg

;)

Tommy, the new emojis blow. Never liked the current lineup (when using other forums).

Yes, they do. I'll be replacing them in the next day or so.

That works partially -- provides a link to postings, but not the other options that used to be available, especially media.
Click the number under media.

Looks nice in general, but definitely don't like that clicking on a poster's name to the left of his post does not offer a route to his profile.

IMO, the issue is that it is not obvious that much of the text in the popups are actually links. If you click on the username in the popup, it takes you to the profile.

IMO, the issue is that it is not obvious that much of the text in the popups are actually links. If you click on the username in the popup, it takes you to the profile.
It also only show values/links for items that are valid. No media = no link. No resources = no link.

Click the number under media.

I wasn't even seeing "Media." But now I see that it doesn't even display the "Media" and "Albums" links if there's no content there. That is not good design. Good design would still display them, but grey them out as inactive if there's no content.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom