Show off your Lawn! (2 Viewers)

Switched from TrueGreen to DIY this year and looking good. Going to be mowed tomorrow.

y4mCigZWonY1u-irngCmkqoeG9sgu0i40fUf9h4B8_B5pxDr_JAAEQIaZO6-yBSWaAr_DlkqJm-JfQ_ErjRF75uUiMWdGp_GJLmrGaaEzUrr-6qOzi-1u5e7FVA_YcYmC-otO4oynoPQbpbDs00Vlvm0Fd44oVE6dyR3wG2WlDSKoim1pLV-iTfFxXw0ZAJB83kRYugfTGlrU93BxVlFnAklg

With the plentiful rain that we’ve had in Atlanta this year combined with me “working” from home, the lawn has come along quite nicely. I’ll now be turning my attention to the beds, as I have some additional work to do there.

L1.jpg
L2.jpg

I just gotta keep this one from peeing on it! (Zeon Zoysia does not handle the pee well, at all.)

JoJo.jpg

With the plentiful rain that we’ve had in Atlanta this year combined with me “working” from home, the lawn has come along quite nicely. I’ll now be turning my attention to the beds, as I have some additional work to do there.

View attachment 488409View attachment 488410

I just gotta keep this one from peeing on it! (Zeon Zoysia does not handle the pee well, at all.)

View attachment 488412
I have el toro zoysia and I hate when my neighbors dog pisses on my lawn because it makes it so green an noticeable. Like huge green spots, who woulda thought piss would make grass greener

Yeah, well I end up with a nice tan dead spot with a nice tall dark green circle around it. 'What doesn't kill you, make you greener'. Overall, mine could probably stand a little iron to darken the green up a bit.

@detroitdad I love my zoysia now that I'm in the south, but as a former yankee, I also love me some nice fine fescue. Especially when it's been freshly cut.... mmm mmm mmm for the smell of it!

And you have some nice shade too, not to mention that neighbor's big ass tree. Look'n good!

Last edited:
I haven’t had success growing the more luxurious soft grasses here in South Florida so I have just given up and gone with St Augustine which looks fine but does not feel great. But I wanted to show off my ficus hedge and arched entryway which is my pride and joy. It takes a lot of work to fight off white fly and thripes but it’s worth it. My main entrance is through the hedge in the center of the photo there. The hedge also continues around behind me in this photo around the driveway. We live right in downtown so we feel like we have a private tropical escape in large part due to this glorious 10-12’ green beast. Not the best it’s ever looked but something different for you...

4873C595-6947-40FE-84B8-AD5863F91AE3.jpeg

Last edited:
Brace yourselves, my incredibly attractive lawn. My willow tree’s roots and shade are the main contributors to its blinding beauty. I can’t stop looking at it lol

Serious note, this freakin thing can’t stay alive for longer than 2 years at a time. The monster of a willow tree won’t let it. Artificial turf going in next week.

image.jpg

Throw a 1/4” top dressing of compost down - it’s well worth it and will also help manage the thatch layer. Perfect time to do it after you dethatch and scalp. A

Just bought a new place and absolutely love the backyard. It has some work that needs doing, but it's not in too bad of shape to get started. I also need to figure out the mower situation though as it took my a little over 2 hours to do the front/back this past weekend. In the middle Southern summer, no thanks.

20210713_062518.jpg

Just bought a new place and absolutely love the backyard. It has some work that needs doing, but it's not in too bad of shape to get started. I also need to figure out the mower situation though as it took my a little over 2 hours to do the front/back this past weekend. In the middle Southern summer, no thanks.

View attachment 735514
Trucut C-27 is my go to mower!!!!

Nice yard!! Do you know what kind of grass you have?

Seems like it's in the fine fescue fmaily but not 100% sure. Not being a native to this area puts a damper on my identification. Anyway to know for sure?

Loving that pool area! That looks beautiful. We have access to a community pool but the Mrs. is already talking about having our own. I told her after I get a garage built then we can talk about it.
Trucut C-27 is my go to mower!!!!

Awesome, I'll keep that in mind. I'm thinking I'm going to just suck it up this year and buy something next year. The problem is I have a 60 year old commercial Lawn Boy that I don't want to give up. It's a tank, is reliable, and burns almost no gas. I took 3/4 gal. out of the 1 Gal. tank when the movers showed up. I burned the rest off and that took almost 5 hours before it died. They kept laughing all day because it just kept running. Plus storing a riding mower is going to take up more space in my garage where space is at a premium right now.

Seems like it's in the fine fescue fmaily but not 100% sure. Not being a native to this area puts a damper on my identification. Anyway to know for sure?
I prefer fescue honestly!! I’d need a close up pic to help identify. Depending on where u are in TN it could be a warm season grass (Bermuda, etc). If you have runners, then it’s a warm season grass as fescues don’t have runners. Fescue will typically get taller and be softer. I miss my fescue lawn - I hate Bermuda - lol. Also if you have pics of the area in winter, if the grass is still green then it’s a cool season grass (fescue).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom