Show off your Lawn! (2 Viewers)

Giant lawn.

Attachments

• 73B60B4A-FDEC-4302-B9B2-0F3072D0C32D.jpeg
    73B60B4A-FDEC-4302-B9B2-0F3072D0C32D.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 240
I actually planted it mostly to trees this year. Only mowing about 5 strips on either side of the driveway and behind the house. No sense mowing that much or using that much fertilizer. The pallet was a good price match from HD and hoping it will last me 3 years.

I actually planted it mostly to trees this year. Only mowing about 5 strips on either side of the driveway and behind the house. No sense mowing that much or using that much fertilizer. The pallet was a good price match from HD and hoping it will last me 3 years.
I wonder if that got you put on some sort of terrorist watch list

@davin your grass is Amazing. The stuff of dreams

Here’s my beauty of a lawn lol. It’s barely spring here, but my “lawn” also has gotten worse every year in the 4 I’ve lived here lol. We have also had near drought conditions in that time.
View attachment 460638View attachment 460639

This gave me chuckles. Good luck!

Here’s my beauty of a lawn lol. It’s barely spring here, but my “lawn” also has gotten worse every year in the 4 I’ve lived here lol. We have also had near drought conditions in that time.
View attachment 460638View attachment 460639
@hdgeno do you guys play STUMP up there brother??? Thise 2 stumps look like perfect candidate's!! Home is what you make it!! I would be happy as hell to throw a few logs on the burn rig, throw some burgers on the grill, throw back a few Brews, a few rounds of STUMP and then some epic poker with some of those GRAIL sets you got hiding up there!! Electricans happy life!!!

@hdgeno do you guys play STUMP up there brother??? Thise 2 stumps look like perfect candidate's!! Home is what you make it!! I would be happy as hell to throw a few logs on the burn rig, throw some burgers on the grill, throw back a few Brews, a few rounds of STUMP and then some epic poker with some of those GRAIL sets you got hiding up there!! Electricans happy life!!!

No we don’t bro, never heard of that actually. Maybe if you teach me I’ll have a use for them lol. We cut down trees a while back and I’ve never had the time to deal with the stumps yet. What you have in mind sounds like a good time though!

No we don’t bro, never heard of that actually. Maybe if you teach me I’ll have a use for them lol. We cut down trees a while back and I’ve never had the time to deal with the stumps yet. What you have in mind sounds like a good time though!
Stump is fun, until you hit your thumb lol

Started doing my own fertilizing a couple of years ago. Some of my favorite people to follow on YouTube:
  • Lawncology - I use his N-Ext products and has the best informative videos.
  • Ryan Knorr Lawn Care - local guy who has blown up over last year or so
  • The Lawn Care Nut - probably the most popular guy and big reason there are Milorganite shortages!
thelawnforum.com has great resources as well.

IMG_0424.JPG

DSC_0063.JPG

@davin Great lawn! I eventually want to get reel mowing but need to level out the yard first. Thinking about doing a full renovation in my backyard this fall, leveling it out and then seeding a nice dark Kentucky bluegrass mix.

@davin Great lawn! I eventually want to get reel mowing but need to level out the yard first. Thinking about doing a full renovation in my backyard this fall, leveling it out and then seeding a nice dark Kentucky bluegrass mix.
scalping the lawn helped me get it nice and smooth

Be prepared... by next weekend the whole town will be over trying to get in!! All you need is a couple one pound boxes of 2 1/2" or 3" nails, a hammer, one of those beautiful stumps in your yard and of course alcohol even though it is not actually a dri king game... but we turn it into that as well. Absolute blast except sometimes @FordPickup92 winds up bleeding on the hammer!

Each player stands around the stump, drive one nail just enough to start them per player, each person call out or mark your nail (we use a sharpie) does not have to be the nail directly in front of you.

Throw the hammer spinning it in the air, which ever person the butt of the hammer is pointing at goes first. Without any aiming flip the hammer in the air. One complete rotation, however you catch the hammer you hit someone else's nail... no adjustment may be made, and almost everyone at first will adjust, a double flip and catch is 2 hits. Continue until last person is standing with their nail not fully driven.

If a finger nail can catch the lip of the nail it is still in play.

No limit of players (we have had 25+ nails in the stump at one time)

You dont need to chop a tree in the yard! Find a local Fire wood company and ask for a log roughly 14 - 18" in diameter about waist height.

How is drinking involved??
1) When eliminated, you must shotgun a beer before the next round.

2) get plastic shot glasses, fill with a shot in each one and one per player. Put them all in the center of the log, as eliminated you must take a shot, but if you hit a shot or knock one off the log you must take half of the remaining shots before game can continue!

Make sure you throw a spot light over the log ahead of time... this will go late into the evening! Also do not invite any true carpenters... many can double flip a hammer and drive a nail completely with a double hit... sounds cool but it's annoying as F*#k!

Last hint... wear nice under wear... not sure why but many times my group gets any too drunk and we all wind up in our underwear throwing hammers. Bad mental image... should have left that part out! Lmao

Give it a try, definitely a red neck game but haven't found anyone in 5 plus years that doesnt like Stump!!

Back to the original post... my yard is still coming back to life... looks like crap and it's all good! I'm all about the people... not the grass although I appreciate a solid lawn!
20200517_185408.jpg

For the record the big dirt spot behind the post was a recent giant stump Ms. @FordPickup92 pulled with the kabota!!!

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom