Show off your Lawn! (2 Viewers)

B908B4EC-AE78-4793-BE01-B7B048D46FD0.jpeg

I mainly use Lesco products for my lawn which I get from our local SiteOne store. Highly recommend looking up SiteOne store to see if you have one around you. They mainly sell to lawn businesses but also help out the DIY lawn guys as well. Very friendly and knowledgeable staff...they will even provide you a recommended program for your area.

My lawn is a constant battle. My neighbor is an older man who is disabled. His “lawn” is all weeds..like literally can’t see any grass. He tells me with a chuckle how he tells his grandson to cut it 1 inch so he can go longer between cuts. Needless to say his weed seed blows on my lawn and I have to spend a ton of time and money to keep it even presentable.

Anyone have suggestions for where to get melorganite? I tried Home Depot and they said it sells out immediately and they don’t get any more.

Fresh cut last night on my new riding mower, still trying to figure out an efficient pattern. Will trim later tonight.

7F0C14FB-EB54-4871-857E-BA6B1A109EF3.jpeg

It’s only about 1/5 acre so just big enough that push mowing sucks and just small enough that a riding mower is somewhat inefficient. But hey, it’s a lot more fun riding!

Wow my lawn is completely fried now! Been a long time since I’ve seen heat this long.

We’ve been 90s for about a week now with the 10 day forecast looking the same way. I threw down some hydretain for the first time right before this started, we will see how well that works. Just going to water the front and see how the back yard holds up. Haven’t mowed for a while, probably 5-6 inches in some spots. Might cut at highest setting (4 inches) tonight as we have some rain coming tomorrow.

This has also got me into researching a DIY irrigation system. I’ve had one quoted earlier this year for my 7500 sq ft yard and it was $6500. Doing quite a bit of research but I think I can easily get it done myself under $1500.

Maybe the wife will let me use those savings on some chips!

My wife got me one of these when she saw my neighbor and I talking about his. We just moved in 7 months ago and the yard is more weeds than grass so I've got plenty to keep me busy.
GrandPas_Weeder_15.jpg

With the recent heat wave, it's taken on a nice shade of brown and I haven't cut it in nearly two weeks. In other-wards, my ideal lawn. :D

BackLawn.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom