Seeking feedback on topper centerpiece (2 Viewers)

great point

getting closer, I think:

anW02ZV.jpeg

trying to figure out how to re-integrate pipes or some other stuff now

Would it be weird if the center graphic was more of a circle? The open space to the sides around the design has a little too much negative space for my liking, but I don't know how you'd tackle that. I like the second more than the first, doesn't look like the table is floating in space.

Do you need the racetrack? This is for board games mostly, not poker, right? I'd just remove the rack track and blow up the center artwork as much as possible.

Can the text go on the left and right rather than top and bottom?

Using my clearly awesome GIMP skills :p, something like

AMYYorw.jpg

or

EeTbsw3.jpg

prefer first myself.

Fills the empty space and allows for bigger center piece.

Do you need the racetrack? This is for board games mostly, not poker, right? I'd just remove the rack track and blow up the center artwork as much as possible.
Right, not exclusively for poker but we do play poker.

I like the betting line. I think something needs to visually break up the background vs. the center image and I think a betting line surrounding some kind of change in pattern is generally a good way to do it.

I'm exploring ways to make the center art larger, though.

Couple new flavors from last night in part based on some of the great feedback from here. I think there's been definite improvements with each iterration.

CBUCqQ4.jpeg

SJVDBzZ.jpeg

It's no wonder people love the center art so much because it was done be a very talented Fiverr artist. The rest of the topper is being done by me, a not so talented total non-artist :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I mention it because in these versions, the center art is now ~22"x18" which, for a 60"x35" topper seems good sized.

I'm about to unleash some powerful raining on parade mojo. I think the entire graphic effort in the middle might be too busy. If you're going to have game pieces and what not on the topper they might lost in the cartoon color kaleidoscope in the center. I mean it's fine the board from a board game is covering up the middle (but then what is the point of the graphic?) but if you've got parcheesi tokens or what not there they might be camouflaged. Just a thought. Think on it.

Couple new flavors from last night in part based on some of the great feedback from here. I think there's been definite improvements with each iterration.

CBUCqQ4.jpeg

SJVDBzZ.jpeg

It's no wonder people love the center art so much because it was done be a very talented Fiverr artist. The rest of the topper is being done by me, a not so talented total non-artist :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:. I mention it because in these versions, the center art is now ~22"x18" which, for a 60"x35" topper seems good sized.
I love the progress!! Re rendering the pipes was one thing that caught my eye, but you’re already all over that.

The only other big thing I think I’d change is that your header and footer are getting a little lost in the background of the mat (Which I love, so don’t beat yourself up about it haha). I think you can get them to pop by putting the same oval shape in a flat color (maybe a beige?) with the rainbow road around them, kinda like a title card top and bottom.

From far away, I like the scalloped edge to the grass, but with your dog bridging the gap it kinda looks like they’re about to fall off the edge. It’s less so with the bricks, but it does still suggest a little elevation. I’d take a look and see how it looks with the same coloration, but without the mortar lines, more of a dirt look.

Huge leaps forward though! Love to see how quickly it’s getting there!

I'm about to unleash some powerful raining on parade mojo. I think the entire graphic effort in the middle might be too busy. If you're going to have game pieces and what not on the topper they might lost in the cartoon color kaleidoscope in the center. I mean it's fine the board from a board game is covering up the middle (but then what is the point of the graphic?) but if you've got parcheesi tokens or what not there they might be camouflaged. Just a thought. Think on it.
sounds like we'll need a less busy topper topper to top our topper in the event that the normal topper is too busy for the game we're playing

If you create a big horizontal gap between the words, it would allow you to make the image bigger.

Put Neitzel off to the left and Family off to the right. Game to the left and Night off to the right.

Or stack them on either side:

NEITZEL ((((((((()))))))))) GAME
FAMILY ((((((((()))))))))) NIGHT

You’ve put so much into developing the illustration, it would be a shame not to make it as large as possible.

IMO- the red Pipe is eyecatching too much. Would leave it green to keep the focus in the center.

/Edit: and maybe I would take the cloud away from your wife’s face.
great points!

I like the red because it helps balance out the amount of green. I'm hoping reducing the size of the red pipe helps balance things appropriately:

uBlQzI0.jpeg

great points!

I like the red because it helps balance out the amount of green. I'm hoping reducing the size of the red pipe helps balance things appropriately:

uBlQzI0.jpeg

Backing up the red pipe helps a lot. The red is much more balanced by the fire flower on the other side in that position. And I really like the grass, shrubs and bricks you laid in there!

I know it's spammy and I'm sorry but this iterative process is how I tend to do things.

Removed petey because he's really no special significance to us so it's out of place to give him so much attention. Added fire back to the dice my youngest is flinging (she's know for dramatically throwing the dice and them ending up on the floor):

xRdUoau.jpeg

I know it's spammy and I'm sorry but this iterative process is how I tend to do things.

Removed petey because he's really no special significance to us so it's out of place to give him so much attention. Added fire back to the dice my youngest is flinging (she's know for dramatically throwing the dice and them ending up on the floor):

xRdUoau.jpeg

All good brother!! It’s all part of the process.

I do notice the red pipe more without the balance on the other side. I think it’s minor as far as changes go, but it’s there if you want to fiddle. Maybe just making it shorter so there’s less red?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom