Revision/Supplement to Pinnacle Poker Club set - Feedback requested (1 Viewer)

CSW

Pair
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I’m back for more help on my Pinnacle Poker Club set. I greatly appreciated everyone’s help over the past year on my initial design (see the design thread here). And since receiving the chips this summer, they’ve been in play four times. I absolutely love the majority of the set and they’ve been a big hit with my players. So, first of all, thank you.

I’m considering a supplemental order for three reasons:
  1. As I continue to experiment with structures, I’m thinking about the possibility of hosting some high-roller events with deeper stacks (e.g. 100K stacks). This would require, at a minimum, some more of the high denoms (the T5Ks, which I love, and T25Ks, which I am a bit lukewarm on) — and possibly a new 100K chip (we sometimes get as many as 25 entries, so the 100K might get into play occasionally, but really, I just like the idea of a new chip to add to the lineup).
  2. As I mentioned, I’m not in love with the 25K chip. Those of you who helped me with the set the first time may remember that the 5K and the 25K gave me the most trouble. The 5K ended up being my absolute favorite chip, and the 25K ended up better than my initial design. But I still don’t love it. So, if I’m going to order some more chips, I’m thinking about replacing that small batch of 25Ks with a new design.
  3. More chips! Why not?
With all that said, below is my current draft of the set with the revised 25K design and the new 100K chip and my thoughts on what I’m trying to accomplish. (Please excuse the placeholder inlays; I have not yet engaged my designer for a new color for the T25K or anything for the T100K.)

CA02DCAB-8FDA-4112-B653-DAB5FF9833B8.png

For the 25K, I love green chips. And since the T25 and the T25K will never be on the table at the same time, I’d love to get a new green chip in play. (I also love the DG peacock color, and wish I could work that into the lineup, but I don’t think I can do a blue T25K with a blue T500 already in the lineup). I’m not fully convinced on my edge spot colors. But as with the last time, I’m struggling not to repeat colors too much. So, any thoughts would be appreciated.

For the T100K, I really love my charcoal T100. But seeing other peoples’ sets, the stark black T100s also seem to look great. And a really bold chip like this seems like a great option for the highest denom. I’m a bit more sold on this design, but open to feedback on either the chip itself or how it works with the lineup.

Thanks, everyone!

The t500 I think needs to be redone charcoal and imperial blue may be to close in some lighting situations.

Swap that black 25 into the t100 spot and I think imperial blue works.

Yea a white flag inspired chip would look good! I feel like the t25k is just kinda there. Doesn’t really stand out

Love your spot progression, it's very well done.

The 3TA316 often looks like a flag- I get French flag vibes from your 25k chip. Could be a pro or a con depending on what you're going for.

I'm a bit worried about dirty stack issues in low light between 100 and 100k. Might work better if you pick a lighter color for the large spot color.

White 25k chip with green and Black or Blurple 100k
Pink is quite common color in your set so maybe make the 100k a little more blaze
1700570186761.png

Thank you all for the ideas. I really like some of these options. Shortly after I started this thread, some things got crazy in our schedule, so I haven’t had a chance to circle back to this. At this point, I think I’ve missed this CSQ run, so I’ll revisit these new chips in the new year once things have slowed down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom