Royal 43 mm Poker Chips Presale (2 Viewers)

This forum is definitely the "friends who jump off bridges" crowd my parents always asked/warned me about.

bridge.png

https://xkcd.com/1170/

Mine are expected to arrive today! :wow:

I work 24 hour shifts, and won't get home until tomorrow :(

Now I know what @slisk250 must feel like. :meh:

You rang? Flight leaves at 6:20 am tomorrow. Taxi at 4am Detroit to Amsterdam meeting a friend for a 2 day bender then straight to work in Saudi. I should be home 9 hours before school starts

Hoooo doggy. I had pretty much forgotten about these until they showed up in the mail. I only got 25 Orange chips planning on using them for my micro cash as either a $10 or $20 oversized chip. Now if only i can talk @Kensco into designing one last label for me.....

I said the following in the other thread: "As much as I hate to say it I have to admit that the pictures look closer (better for the Royals) than in person. I am not sure what the iPhone is doing wrt color “correction” but the Horseshoe 25k is much more vibrant than the Royal in actuality.

I mean given the cost difference the Royals are astonishingly close... I just don’t want to make people’s expectations higher than they should be for these remarkable chips."

I said the following in the other thread: "As much as I hate to say it I have to admit that the pictures look closer (better for the Royals) than in person. I am not sure what the iPhone is doing wrt color “correction” but the Horseshoe 25k is much more vibrant than the Royal in actuality.

I mean given the cost difference the Royals are astonishingly close... I just don’t want to make people’s expectations higher than they should be for these remarkable chips."
The iPhone (and pretty much all digital phone-cameras like to "White Balance" the photo. This eliminates the yellow of incandescent bulbs, the green of fluorescent bulbs or the blue of outside lighting, in the way our eyes/brain do automatically. The camera does this by deciding what in the photo is white, and then adjusting all the colors to eliminate the tint caused by the light.

Unfortunately, there is little white in a poker chip on a colored table. Your best bet is to either manually adjust the coloring (there are apps that will help), or put something white in the photo. The white object can then be cropped out if it is not the overall backdrop.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom