Royal 43 mm Poker Chips Presale (1 Viewer)

The iPhone (and pretty much all digital phone-cameras like to "White Balance" the photo. This eliminates the yellow of incandescent bulbs, the green of fluorescent bulbs or the blue of outside lighting, in the way our eyes/brain do automatically. The camera does this by deciding what in the photo is white, and then adjusting all the colors to eliminate the tint caused by the light.

Unfortunately, there is little white in a poker chip on a colored table. Your best bet is to either manually adjust the coloring (there are apps that will help), or put something white in the photo. The white object can then be cropped out if it is not the overall backdrop.

It has less to do with WB than it does color luminance and image exposure. The spot colors of the Horseshoe have more color luminance and are “brighter”. However the image is slightly over exposed and when an image with high color luminance is over exposed the colors will begin to wash out and darker colors will begin to appear more saturated and colorful. However if you under expose the same scene the colors with higher luminance will begin to increase color saturation. It doesn’t work well with editing a simple jpeg, but by just decreasing the exposure of this small jpeg image you can see the colors of the Horseshoe appear brighter. The difference would be more noticeable if I actually photographed the scene at proper exposure instead of just edited a jpeg image which doesn't have good dynamic range. FWIW I am a full time photographer by trade.

A81BDB42-D27F-4FFE-9032-CE8B88E9E24E.jpg

218CBFB4-12F4-48E2-8F8D-AF9BAD017E55.jpg

Last edited:
Impressions of them? I love the pics of them.
1st impression: I really love them. The colors put the CPS and the Majestics to shame. The CPS Orange was the star of the show, but now it's just a co-star with the Pink.

Before Use: They will need oil. That will wait until after I get labels, but a quick wipe made a large difference.

Shuffling: 43mm will take a little getting used to.

Barrel Explosions: Extremely unlikely. I cad hold a barrel and whip it around without any slippage. I can slide the middle 5 out 33% from the stack and still have no slippage. I think this is due more to their size/surface area than composition.

Feel/sound/weight: Tough call right now because I don't have labels, which will make up a significant portion of the surface. However, They dont feel light like the CPS or Majestic chips, but at the same time they are not as substantial as a Paulson/Bud Jones/Ceramic chip.

1st impression: I really love them. The colors put the CPS and the Majestics to shame. The CPS Orange was the star of the show, but now it's just a co-star with the Pink.

Before Use: They will need oil. That will wait until after I get labels, but a quick wipe made a large difference.

Shuffling: 43mm will take a little getting used to.

Barrel Explosions: Extremely unlikely. I cad hold a barrel and whip it around without any slippage. I can slide the middle 5 out 33% from the stack and still have no slippage. I think this is due more to their size/surface area than composition.

Feel/sound/weight: Tough call right now because I don't have labels, which will make up a significant portion of the surface. However, They dont feel light like the CPS or Majestic chips, but at the same time they are not as substantial as a Paulson/Bud Jones/Ceramic chip.

Sounds like you need a friend to help you break them in.. haha

I've also done some brief experimentation, and the pink chip, despite it's brilliant color, like to play dirty with both the Orange chip and the Blurple chip.

Oddly, the orange chip sticks out pretty well in a pink stack, but the pink chip hides in the orange stack. The Blurple and the pink blend in together both ways as seen in @BmoreTerp 's photo.

Hmm... given the dirty stack issues, I may go with this. It keeps the flag and melon chips the same as the Aria high roller ones and the pink/blue dirty stacks won't matter so much since they're relatively close in value.
1565813100709.png

I love these chips but have reservations about going to 43mm. I worry that my 39s will feel tiny afterwards. Can someone articulate a good reason for 43 besides “moar chips”? Like I said, I love these chips and want to get a set but...

I love these chips but have reservations about going to 43mm. I worry that my 39s will feel tiny afterwards. Can someone articulate a good reason for 43 besides “moar chips”? Like I said, I love these chips and want to get a set but...

I have a set of the sunfly hybrid 43mm's and they are loved by everyone that's used them. I enjoy the oversized chips.

Agree. Gray, pink, white, red, blurple. The final high denom chips will be vibrant on the table for last few players remaining.

I got my shipping notice on the twelfth of August which means it'll hopefully reach Europe next week, then reach Sweden the week after. Now the hard part of the journey starts, as the trek to the deep north commences. A hazardous path full of lurking dangers. Once past the great Ice Wall, the chip bearers will need to stay clear of the main road to avoid being ambushed by the northmen, but that of course puts them in peril of wargs.

With any luck, these chips will make a great Christmas gift for myself :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom