Royal 43 mm Poker Chips Presale (4 Viewers)

I got my samples today. Kinda wish I didnt. Now I want a set. I almost wanna get these to use instead of my monacos. I didnt know CCs could be this nice.

My chips finally arrived from USA :) haven’t managed to get them out yet and have a look but just from viewing them in the package I am very please with my first set - great work @Apache :tup:

what is the best was to clean these and is this done prior to adding labels?

0428B6E3-C957-4385-A98B-710CDD3678D2.jpeg

My chips finally arrived from USA :) haven’t managed to get them out yet and have a look but just from viewing them in the package I am very please with my first set - great work @Apache :tup:

what is the best was to clean these and is this done prior to adding labels?

View attachment 328094
Just a wash is sufficient. I put them in the tub, fill the tub with a little water, and mix them around by hand. This gets off most of the loose dust - and these are the least-dusty CC's I've ever had.

When they come out, dry them off with your wife's favorite towel. This will remove even more dust. Any remaining dust won't be enough to cause label adherence issues. You don't need to remove 100% of the dust. That will come off in time with play, or if you are concerned with aesthetics, when/if you oil.

Just a wash is sufficient. I put them in the tub, fill the tub with a little water, and mix them around by hand. This gets off most of the loose dust - and these are the least-dusty CC's I've ever had.

When they come out, dry them off with your wife's favorite towel. This will remove even more dust. Any remaining dust won't be enough to cause label adherence issues. You don't need to remove 100% of the dust. That will come off in time with play, or if you are concerned with aesthetics, when/if you oil.

Chips are ok to be washed with labels on then, this doesn’t make the labels loose at all? Is it best to apply new labels after they are dry?

I do the washing prior to label attachment. Maybe I misunderstood your question.

That said, I ran an experiment years ago where I soaked poker chip samples in a bowl of water for (I think) 15 minutes, then I dumped them all into an electric mixer. There were no signs of label movement, though some labels were damaged (scrapes) in the mixer.

As long as the labels are vinyl coated I would not be concerned about water immersion over short periods.

I do the washing prior to label attachment. Maybe I misunderstood your question.

That said, I ran an experiment years ago where I soaked poker chip samples in a bowl of water for (I think) 15 minutes, then I dumped them all into an electric mixer. There were no signs of label movement, though some labels were damaged (scrapes) in the mixer.

As long as the labels are vinyl coated I would not be concerned about water immersion over short periods.
Sorry, I should of mentioned that I have most of the chips with the standard labels on and some blanks that I will be adding labels too.

I will probably just give them a wipe over with a damp cloth.

I got my shipping notice on the twelfth of August which means it'll hopefully reach Europe next week, then reach Sweden the week after. Now the hard part of the journey starts, as the trek to the deep north commences. A hazardous path full of lurking dangers. Once past the great Ice Wall, the chip bearers will need to stay clear of the main road to avoid being ambushed by the northmen, but that of course puts them in peril of wargs.

With any luck, these chips will make a great Christmas gift for myself :)

I finally received the royals today, and when seeing them in person I realized that I made a huge mistake...

I should have ordered more pinks and now they're all sold out!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If anyone wants to let theirs go I'd pay a premium for them. Need 125 more, but any number is better than zero!

I finally received the royals today, and when seeing them in person I realized that I made a huge mistake...

I should have ordered more pinks and now they're all sold out!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

If anyone wants to let theirs go I'd pay a premium for them. Need 125 more, but any number is better than zero!
I thought the same when mine arrived

Just saw these on Apache, so I hopped over here........pleasantly surprised to see all the awesome sets people ordered.

Question: What is the texture/feel of the Royals? They look awesome but how do they feel? Are they basically giant Majestics? I have a set of Majestics so I'm wondering if anyone who is familiar with Majestics could compare with Royals in terms of materials/texture/feel/slipperyness. Thanks!

@William White Look, I don’t have majestics but you will love these chips. They feel, handle,sound and stack great. You know they look great and for 49 cents a chip you will not be disappointed. If you expect 43 mm Paulson chips you’ll be disappointed but for 1/10th the price you’ll be glad you got them. Josh @Apache has samples, get some and see for yourself.

Thank you!!! No, I'm not expecting Paulsen quality. I'm realistic :) I just wonder if they're really slick/slippery like the Majestics.

Thank you!!! No, I'm not expecting Paulsen quality. I'm realistic :) I just wonder if they're really slick/slippery like the Majestics.
I haven't gotten them in play yet, but I can say that they feel like the Majestics, but heavier. Heavier, is obvious because they are bigger. They are also less prone to barrel explosions or toppling stacks, largely because they are bigger and have more surface area to create friction.

I don't one more than a couple samples of 36mm chips, but noticing how much more I like the 43mm over the 39mm, I imagine a set of 36mm would suck.

I just ordered a ton of blanks for a heads-up game that we play. I'm looking to make some custom labels. Does anyone have the dimensions I need to make the label in the Photoshop file?

I just ordered a ton of blanks for a heads-up game that we play. I'm looking to make some custom labels. Does anyone have the dimensions I need to make the label in the Photoshop file?

From the original discussion thread - The label size will be 1 1/16"

Is there a bounty chip for the Royal chips? If not is there somewhere that's authorized to make a bounty label?

I’ve asked this multiple times. I would like to know too. ABC can make bounty chips for 87c each. How do we make this happen!?

I’ve asked this multiple times. I would like to know too. ABC can make bounty chips for 87c each. How do we make this happen!?
So ABC makes the labels? So can we just get labels and whatever blank we want and make our own? That's all I really need honestly.

So ABC makes the labels? So can we just get labels and whatever blank we want and make our own? That's all I really need honestly.

They can manufacture actual 46mm bounty chips for 87c a piece. We just need permission to use the design.

I didn't get any red chips so I was wanting to get some red ones and use them as bounties I just need the label and would prefer it to match.

They can manufacture actual 46mm bounty chips for 87c a piece. We just need permission to use the design.
ABC told me they have the labels and are ready to make them. They're $0.15 a piece and just message them your quantity and email.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom