I wiped it with a wet towel and it didn't work well

JK_Poker

Pair
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got my royal today but they look like covered in a layer of white wax
How to effectively clean new Royal.

I washed and oiled my Royals, which helped a little. Overtime the residue will go away, or so I’ve been told.

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I gave myself tennis elbow cleaning them. Best thing is a quick rinse and then oiling. They really look fantastic after.

LotsOfChips

Flush
Reaction score

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/oiling-chips-done-right.14343/

Many here debate about the "compression oiling" claims in this thread, but using a damp cloth (with pressure) to pre-clean them, and then applying (a LITTLE bit of) oil using a lightly oiled micro-fibre cloth and some pressure, then allowing them to dry, has made a HUGE difference to my Royals.

Again, some will tell you that oiling China Clays is a waste of time, or only to oil the rolling edge, but from my experience, giving the faces a light oiling, and then re-oiling the rolling edges a week or so later will make a world of difference.

Good luck!

BearMetal

Full House
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/oiling-chips-done-right.14343/

Many here debate about the "compression oiling" claims in this thread, but using a damp cloth (with pressure) to pre-clean them, and then applying (a LITTLE bit of) oil using a lightly oiled micro-fibre cloth and some pressure, then allowing them to dry, has made a HUGE difference to my Royals.

Again, some will tell you that oiling China Clays is a waste of time, or only to oil the rolling edge, but from my experience, giving the faces a light oiling, and then re-oiling the rolling edges a week or so later will make a world of difference.

Good luck!
I agree; oiling the faces of the Royals made a huge difference. They are forgiving on over oiling too since they're cheap China Clays and they drink it up. I absolutely over oiled mine (like by 50x) and they drank it up over time. They're a great candidate to learn how to oil correctly (2 drops / barrel).

But you gotta get that dust off first. I'd recommend a quick soapy rinse. I used damp rags and paid for it with elbow pain for months.

Reaction score
I used about 2-3 gallons of water in a bucket with less than a capful of oil mixed in. Used an old pasta strainer and did about a barrel at a time. A few quick in and out dunks in the water/oil mix. Laid them out on towels overnight, flipped the next night. Night 3 a quick wipe with a cloth to get any excess off and a quick wipe of the edges. Look so much better.

Poker Zombie

Royal Flush
Reaction score
I know that I"m late to the game, but I was wondering what type of clays are these? Were they produced by ASM/CPC?
Commonly referred to as "China Clay", we never learn the name of the manufacturer, based somewhere in China. They exist as a cross between clay chips and cheap plastic chips.

If you are interested, I would always recommend getting samples before buying a full set. They are much better than cheap plastic chips, but nowhere near as nice as ASM/CPC.

Top Bottom