Rise of the Asshat clause (1 Viewer)

Also if you have an asshat clause I think you need to post the asshat list
If you are on the original one I’d wear it as a badge of honor
HH FM.png

I'm not sure whether you're the Duke of Douchebaggery or the Earl of Asshattery.

View attachment 686360
Hi Bryan,

Perhaps you can contribute to the discussion without lowbrow insults. Or post something that's at least humorous. You're seeing the cool kids post memes but you haven't quite figured it out yet.

Maybe go back to your mom's basement for some DnD and come back out when you can be civilized.

there seems to be others posting low blow insults here as well. Let’s not just call out one if we even have to call out anybody. This is just one of those threads that just needs to die a quick death. Nothing positive is coming from this thread and sometimes it just appears it is trying to just disrupt the forum.

Hi Bryan,

Perhaps you can contribute to the discussion without lowbrow insults. Or post something that's at least humorous. You're seeing the cool kids post memes but you haven't quite figured it out yet.

Maybe go back to your mom's basement for some DnD and come back out when you can be civilized.
Just posting something I thought was funny. Didn't mean it as insulting. So sorry you dislike it.

"Perhaps you can contribute to the discussion without lowbrow insults."
"Maybe go back to your mom's basement for some DnD and come back out when you can be civilized."

Just posting something I thought was funny. Didn't mean it as insulting. So sorry you dislike it.

"Perhaps you can contribute to the discussion without lowbrow insults."
"Maybe go back to your mom's basement for some DnD and come back out when you can be civilized."
Apology accepted.

Quick FYI on using quote function on mobile:

A neat feature that I just discovered on mobile for quoting a post. It's probably been around since day 1 but I finally figured it out.

Screenshot_20210426-081501.png
If you highlight the text you want to quote an option (below the regular UI options) pops up.

+Quote if you want to quote multiple sections or
Reply if you want to just reply to the highlighted area.

I’ve had a couple of people on here be “weird” about some possible transactions. I’m sure I’m on their list now. Wouldn’t surprise me if they pouted to their buddies on here as well. They seem like those kind of people. Oh well, high school never ends.
I don’t have a list because I’m an adult.

there seems to be others posting low blow insults here as well. Let’s not just call out one if we even have to call out anybody. This is just one of those threads that just needs to die a quick death. Nothing positive is coming from this thread and sometimes it just appears it is trying to just disrupt the forum.
Welp, you're the moderator... #ElipsisAbuse

Welp, you're the moderator... #ElipsisAbuse
I was speaking as a member. As a mod yes there has been some statements that harbor on breaking the rules. All I can say is infractions generally get warnings.

..and yes it possible for me to take off my mod hat. I am still a collector and a member of this community. Sometimes I have to put on my mod hat but 99% of the time it is when one of the members reports another member's post. Yes, you would be surprised to see who and how often reports are made for senseless items.

Speaking as member, I would again say that adults generally can work stuff out. Other seem to not let stuff rest and call out people which sometimes does result in us having to put on our Mod Hat.

Keep on Chipping!

I see a lot of hypocrisy and disingenuous narratives lately. Don't believe what some are trying to get you to believe to further their agenda. I got a few PM's last night and this morning about someone spreading the rumor that I sold PCF.

That is 100% false. PCF is not for sale, and has never been for sale. I'm constantly working on PCF whether it is known by me posting it on the forum or behind the scenes. Fixing bugs, expanding features, and maintaining. I have been doing that for the last 8+ years.

Many of the people complaining about why some choose not to sell to certain people are either best buds with those who constantly thread crap on other members For Sale ads OR are the ones who do it.

Member #1
2021-04-26_13-51-34.png

Member #2
2021-04-26_13-52-09.png

Member #3
2021-04-26_13-52-30.png

Member #4
2021-04-26_13-53-41.png

Member #5
2021-04-26_13-55-26.png

Member #6
2021-04-26_13-56-36.png

The list goes on.

Be nice to each other. It's not hard to do. Making personal insults about someone because you don't agree with their opinion or price they sell/buy chips for is childish. I understand some people can't control themself and will continue to not follow the community guidelines. That's on them. When someone doesn't follow the rules, they get warnings. It could be an off-the-record one via a friendly PM or one that is logged to their account.

No one enjoys banning a member, but after numerous warnings are given, enough is enough. This isn't grade school where you are sent to the principal's office, we call your parents to the school, and have a sit down so we can tell you that you are being suspended or expelled.

Thanks for all you do @Tommy. After looking through this tread and seeing what you and @David O posted you guys are definitely doing a hard job out of love fro the community. So thank you for that. It's not going un-noticed.

I see a lot of hypocrisy and disingenuous narratives lately. Don't believe what some are trying to get you to believe to further their agenda. I got a few PM's last night and this morning about someone spreading the rumor that I sold PCF.

That is 100% false. PCF is not for sale, and has never been for sale. I'm constantly working on PCF whether it is known by me posting it on the forum or behind the scenes. Fixing bugs, expanding features, and maintaining. I have been doing that for the last 8+ years.

Many of the people complaining about why some choose not to sell to certain people are either best buds with those who constantly thread crap on other members For Sale ads OR are the ones who do it.

Member #1
View attachment 686495

Member #2
View attachment 686496

Member #3
View attachment 686497

Member #4
View attachment 686498

Member #5
View attachment 686499

Member #6
View attachment 686500

The is list goes on.

Be nice to each other. It's not hard to do. Making personal insults about someone because you don't agree with their opinion or price they sell/buy chips for is childish. I understand some people can't control themself and will continue to not follow the community guidelines. That's on them. When someone doesn't follow the rules, they get warnings. It could be an off-the-record one via a friendly PM or one that is logged to their account.

No one enjoys banning a member, but after numerous warnings are given, enough is enough. This isn't grade school where you are sent to the principal's office, we call your parents to the school, and have a sit down so we can tell you that you are being suspended or expelled.
Tommy, while we are on the subject of bans...

Can you explain to me why @Windwalker was allowed to threaten a member (@BarrieJ3) with physical assault and that whole thread was disappeared? How is that allowed? Shouldn't that have been a ban?

Can you explain to me why @Windwalker was allowed to threaten a member (@BarrieJ3) with physical assault and that whole thread was disappeared? How is that allowed? Shouldn't that have been a ban?
This is something I have an issue with and have had for a while. To me this represents a bigger problem I began to have when i first joined which is censorship of the members. There have been multiple threads removed from this site for various reasons some of which I will not mention to avoid derailing this thread. In my opinion there are valid reasons to delete a thread such as, the thread violated US law, inappropriate pictures, etc. However, to my knowledge no thread that has been deleted was done for either of these reasons and in my experience had been done to cover things up. Lets take the WW thread for example, advocating or threatening another member with violence is 100% against four rules, but I think deleting the thread is overkill and again goes back to covering something up. In life whenever I see somebody not being transparent about things (in this case threads) I always default to thinking they have something to hide, otherwise, why would they conceal that information. I'm not going to go into conspiracy theories about why threads were deleted and what not, but I do want an answer and I feel we all deserve it at this point. So I'll tag @Tommy and hopefully he will respond.

Last edited:
After reading up on what has happened recently, it is extremely disappointing to see what is occurring on the forum. I do not know any of the history behind some of the things discussed here but I do know that it is unacceptable that certain members receive preferential treatment over others. I would expect a moderator to hold a long time member accountable for his or her actions the same way they would a new member such as myself. Shame on them.

This is just an assumption because you are not privy to who gets warnings, how many they get, time outs, or permabanned.
We don't hold public court. It's been our policy from day one. I remember another site that had a section just for that. It did far more harm than good (if any).

This is something I have an issue with and have had for a while. To me this represents a bigger problem I began to have when i first joined which is censorship of the members. There have been multiple threads removed from this site for various reasons some of which I will not mention to avoid derailing this thread. In my opinion there are valid reasons to delete a thread such as, the thread violated US law, inappropriate pictures, etc. However, to my knowledge no thread that has been deleted was done for either of these reasons and in my experience had been done to cover things up. Lets take the WW thread for example, advocating or threatening another member with violence is 100% against four rules, but I think deleting the thread is overkill and again goes back to covering something up. In life whenever I see somebody not being transparent about things (in this case threads) I always default to thinking they have something to hide, otherwise, why would they conceal that information. I'm not going to go into conspiracy theories about eye threads were deleted and what not, but I do want an answer and I feel we all deserve it at this point. So I'll tag @Tommy and hopefully he will respond.

When you edit or remove posts that are found to be in violation of the community guidelines, there is collateral damage for the lack of a better saying. A post could be perfectly fine, but when it quotes or responds to a post that was removed, it no longer has any context and makes no sense.

When there is a thread full of toxic posts, and there isn't much left to be saved, it usually gets removed. There are plenty of times that we clean up threads as best we can and not remove them. We do that much more than removing them. You will probably see myself or a moderator make a post or two in it to try and keeps things civil. When it doesn't, it will usually get locked.

This is just an assumption because you are not privy to who gets warnings, how many they get, time outs, or permabanned.
We don't hold public court. It's been our policy from day one. I remember another site that had a section just for that. It did far more harm than good (if any).
True. I am not privy. I am not and would never want to be a moderator. But I appreciate the work that you all do here.

Having said that, a member threatened another member with physical violence. Whether it was deserved or not, he said (and I am paraphrasing because it was deleted), "If I ever see you at a meetup, I am going to bitch slap you." Then, at one of his Penthouse games for PCF members, he said it again and laughed about it.

My question is: Is this ok? Why is that member still here? @BarrieJ3 is banned for trolling/thread crapping. Probably well deserved. Yet, the Batman is still here.

Of all the forums I've been a member of, PCF remains the most lenient/relaxed in allowing forum members to discuss and debate pretty much anything.

I think we have all been guilty of getting carried away at some point in various threads. Likely to the point of getting permabanned on any other forums.

Kudos to Tommy and mods for their open minds and relaxed attitudes. I can't imagine the petty shit they likely have to deal with constantly and it's probably quite thankless. Allowing idiots like me to discuss just about anything. Thanks.

To be fair, I don't think I've ever seen "I'm going to bitch slap you" be a serious threat since I was in the 3rd grade. A bitch slap is like a yo mama joke, unpleasant in theory but I fundamentally cannot take either seriously lol

He's Batman not Lester Diamond
For the record...he's not Batman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom