Rise of the Asshat clause (6 Viewers)

Asshat clause should be used for people you don't trust - scammer types. Otherwise, why should it matter? It's just business.

And I could be wrong , but larry @pltrgyst and others were stating a form of asshat clause long before windwalker
I wouldn't call it that, but I have no opposition to it -- and I have absolutely no memory of whatever Frank is specifically referring to. I'm old, so I tend to forget things quickly.

But coincidentally, I'm packing some chips for Frank (@ovo) right now, and I'm going to throw some good fresh Florida lizard poop in the package as thanks for his dragging me into this. :cool

-------------

If you own something, you should be able to sell it to anyone you want. My guess is that saying simply "Asshat clause applies" is just asserting that right.

For myself, I'm not ever going to sell anything to anyone on my "Ignore" list, but that list has very few names on it at any given time (4 right now), and they generally don't stay there for very long.

I think some people are using this as a disclosure of reserving the right not to sell to someone who they choose not to sell to. I think the “asshats” are people who the seller deems not transparent/trustworthy/credible or otherwise not good at fair dealing. I think the original issue with those people often centers around not following the perceived terms of a deal. If the seller is a stickler for deal terms and has a list of people they don’t want to deal with it’s not surprising I guess that they are going to be transparent about reserving the right not to sell to whomever they choose. In other words, it’s an affirmation of the importance of having transparent sale terms and enforcing them.

I saw a lot of talk about people applying the asshat clause after the dibs drama a couple months ago. I think it has proliferated since then.

I remember the times when people would just respond and tell someone that they are not selling to them. It is really not necessary to put the "Clause" in the sales ad. I lol every time I see this placed in an ad.

Not even sure why this kind of thread would even be started. Sometimes I think people just love drama.

In my life I have learned that adults have disagreements. I have them with family and friends but I still love them and would not cancel them!
I have to agree with this. Are we now just opening threads to incite conflict because we dislike/disagree with the way someone chooses to run ads or handle their chip business?

To quite Charlie Brown, "good grief."

The only people I would not sell to would have to be known scammers.

There are also a tiny number of people who in my experience proves to be less than ideal buyers (finding creative ways to make a simple transaction a giant pain in the ass). With these, I would try to take steps to ensure the problem couldn’t recur, or to dissuade them from buying, say by making stiff stipulations to completely protect myself from more nonsense.

But generally these types don’t stick around PCF long, so it’s pretty much a hypothetical for me.

From the truth is stranger than fiction department, this is the first time the standings in the AL West have lined up in this order. That is all.

AL West Standings.png

I don't agree with half the shit that is said on this site, but diversity of thought is good for any community, not just chipping. Black, white, or candy striped; Libtards or Trumpers; rich or poor; all have a place. As long as you aren't disrespectful or fuck people over, you're cool with me.

Plus, I don't really have nice chips, so if you want to buy what I'm selling, I can't be choosy based on your dumbass beliefs.

Now I have thought the rise of the "asshat clause" is in retaliation against the abusive "dibs bullies."

Meaning sellers don't want to be forced into honoring dibs, especially because there are dibsers that will not follow up, or release frivolously, or have other bad reputation points.

So let me get this straight here just so I know what is going on here ........ OP is upset because people have the "Asshat" clause in their sales thread? ........ Does it even matter to anyone? ........ The only way it has any effect on anyone is if they are an Asshat ......... So .......... Hummmmmm .......

What is the welcome letter?
I don't know. I have been here over a year and half. I never got a welcome letter. Does that so called welcome letter explain why someone would complain about Asshat clause in sales threads cause I am really having problems with this one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom