Random samples found in my work desk (1 Viewer)

MeridianFC

Flush
Reaction score
Like many others here my interest (obsession?) in chipping started in the late 90s. Was part of the Chiptalk site and transitioned here when that went tits up. I’ve been away from the scene for a few years (young kids are not conducive to maintaining a poker lifestyle) and have recently become active again. [humble brag] played my first tournament (3 table) in 8 years and took second.[\humble brag]. Happy about booking a good result but shuffling 11.5g plastic monsters for several hours reminded me of what I was missing. Oh yes I’ve got the taste again.

In any case I just happen to be digging around my desk at work today and found an envelope of old sample sets I have that I thought others might enjoy, be intrigued by, nostalgic for, appalled at, etc.

Other then the obvious ceramics I believe they are all BCC (I can’t swear to the web mold, but I know it’s not ASM, and even back then I don’t think there was anybody else besides those two doing clay).

32AA8684-757F-437D-B1AC-DFE93BE676D8.jpeg
B96D36C0-76ED-462D-8F3E-7EC60B40F978.jpeg
187C37CE-B25F-40E2-B6CC-8BADCB951983.jpeg
D7A6623B-B1C6-41EC-98F3-12EE99CD7478.jpeg
D0D77A9D-8CA1-46CC-9118-21C5302808AB.jpeg

I didn't realize he had passed. Damn.

Was sad to find Sal from OWPS had gone to the other side too. He designed my Casablanca plaques (pics elsewhere).

That top BCC sample is really cool. Simple design but one I’ve never seen before.

Those Holdem Pokerchips HS on the T mold are absolutely bad ass! Never seen those beauties before!

We are sitting at BWI headed to a Meet Up... I could totally use your work desk if you want to leave those samples in there and run the whole thing up the road here. Or I will be back at work on Monday over by American Univ/National Cathedral area if that is close by you sir! Lol

Welcome back to posting, lots of amazing chippers in the local area, come out and join us sometime!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Those Holdem Pokerchips HS on the T mold are absolutely bad ass! Never seen those beauties before!
Those chips were designed by the chip community on the blue wall and were available to use for custom orders from BCC for a while. They were called TMSC (t-mold semi-customs). That charcoal chip came from my brain LOL. I think only one inlaid set was ever made though, but chips from the initial run were later available hotstamped from HPC, and that’s how I got this.

0EDE3446-7851-4FB3-8211-90AE44ED8524.jpeg

IIRC those web molds in the OP are related, as Jeff Dunford who ran the TMSC project was able to get a set as a thank you from MS Patton.

Last edited:
The Royal Classics would've made a perfect tourney set. I'm kicking myself for not getting them back in the day.
Same with the T Molds. What was I thinking? Interestingly enough the T-molds feel significantly heavier than the other BCCs.
I'm definitely holding on to all of these samples but if anyone of the more or less local folks is ever in DC I'd be happy to meet up for a beer and bring these along.

Does anyone know what happened to the molds that BCC had? Guessing GPI/Paulson just took all inventory from BCC but am curious if any of the equipment like that saw the light of day (I've always assumed GPI bought them out just to get rid of them). I have a set of customs on the Suits mold (owned by Nevada Jacks when they did some clay way back) that BCC held the mold for. Would love to see that out in the world again.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom