Raised rail but easier? (1 Viewer)

narv

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Has anyone just added another 5”rail piece to make it a raised rail. Another 3/4” piece to make it higher. I see so many people add so many little pieces with clamps and stuff and I don’t get why. I’m not trying to add a diffuser or anything.

It's not quite as simple as just adding that extra piece (you have to make that piece separate so you can wrap the vinyl underneath, then secure the riser), but yes that's the concept for a solid raised rail. You can either edge band the exposed wood edge or wrap it with solid wood strips.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/irishs-main-table-build.58753/

Love your table @Irish! Wow. For the double 5” solid rail , what’s the downside if I just wrap the whole thing as if it’s a normal rail just a little taller? Basically drop another inch of foam on the front. In my head it adds up, I must be missing something.

This is what I am thinking. Just wrap as you would a normal rail.
IMG_5742.jpeg

No downside, it's just a slightly taller rail and not quite as fancy. Note with the extra foam/height, it may appear a tad "plumper" than a regular rail, if that makes sense.

IIRC this table has a double rail piece that's all padded & upholstered.

1708701281047.png

That is what I needed to know @Irish! I agree, not as sharp looking. I appreciate all your help. I’m sticking with one rail piece and doing a proper double rail next table.

No downside, it's just a slightly taller rail and not quite as fancy. Note with the extra foam/height, it may appear a tad "plumper" than a regular rail, if that makes sense.

IIRC this table has a double rail piece that's all padded & upholstered.

View attachment 1279561

What foam and Vinyl did you use for this rail?

I used a 3/8" and 1.5" foam, with 3/4" spacers that will give you a nice high and comfy rail. I just finished a 6" rail using this method. I added a 3/4" diffuser.

Attachments

• 20240319_181658.jpg
    20240319_181658.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I used a 3/8" and 1.5" foam, with 3/4" spacers that will give you a nice high and comfy rail. I just finished a 6" rail using this method. I added a 3/4" diffuser.
Where did you get the 1.5" foam from?

Where did you get the 1.5" foam from?
I purchased it from Straight Poker supplies in Ontario Canada. I'm fairly certain that they don't ship to the US. I'm sure it's available in the US as well.

Attachments

• 20240320_161223.jpg
    20240320_161223.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 13

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom