My Raised Rail Poker Table Build (2 Viewers)

Definately the hardest part of the build so far and i cant feel my finger tips. Im still not completely happy with some uneven bumps in the vinyl so I’ll probably remove and restaple some areas later on. Overall looks decent for a first timer.
IMG_9381.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9383.jpeg
    IMG_9383.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_9386.jpeg
    IMG_9386.jpeg
    256.4 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_9390.jpeg
    IMG_9390.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 120
@joshualopez1 are you planning on adding any lighting? Have you selected a LED diffuser?

If so, which one?

Here's the type of acrylic that I'm using on my current table project. They call it "sign" white from the place where I got it. I purchased a whole 4x8 sheet and just cut it on my table saw with a fine blade. In the 2nd picture, you can see how well this material diffused the COB LED stringer. You'll see the actual colour code below as "WT-7328" hopefully this helps you find something from a plastics seller close to you!
20231228_205536.jpg
20231228_205930.jpg

Definately the hardest part of the build so far and i cant feel my finger tips. Im still not completely happy with some uneven bumps in the vinyl so I’ll probably remove and restaple some areas later on. Overall looks decent for a first timer.
View attachment 1246936
It looks good to me. But when you make something yourself you know where all the imperfections are.

Here's the type of acrylic that I'm using on my current table project. They call it "sign" white from the place where I got it. I purchased a whole 4x8 sheet and just cut it on my table saw with a fine blade. In the 2nd picture, you can see how well this material diffused the COB LED stringer. You'll see the actual colour code below as "WT-7328" hopefully this helps you find something from a plastics seller close to you! View attachment 1248738View attachment 1248739
Helpful info. Thanks!

Here's the type of acrylic that I'm using on my current table project. They call it "sign" white from the place where I got it. I purchased a whole 4x8 sheet and just cut it on my table saw with a fine blade. In the 2nd picture, you can see how well this material diffused the COB LED stringer. You'll see the actual colour code below as "WT-7328" hopefully this helps you find something from a plastics seller close to you! View attachment 1248738View attachment 1248739
thankss

Added the 1/8 hardboard trim around the play surface in preparation for the felt and ordered the Tap Plastics diffuser today as well… Almost there..

Attachments

• IMG_9484.jpeg
    IMG_9484.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 50
I will sell it, it's just usually a bit cost prohibitive for rail foam since it's so bulky. https://canada.foambymail.com/ ships to Canada for orders of $100+. Unfortunately for me they do it only for certain parts of Canada, and my location is outside of their zone.
Ya for sure, I totally get it! Can you recommend a playing field foam that would be best under your Smooth PG Suede and a rail foam from their site? There's sooo many to choose from that it's dizzying haha The only downside as well is that their rail foam only comes 48" wide so I would have to seam the foam. Do you think the seam in the foam would be noticeable after textured vinyl?

TAP Plastics acrylic arrived as well as handles and some copags, never tried bridge size cards so excited to try them out. Have a SSC from YAT arriving tomorrow to place while the @T_Chan cloth arrives next month. ‍ Almost there
IMG_5901.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9822.jpeg
    IMG_9822.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9830.jpeg
    IMG_9830.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Added kickstands and carry hamdles. SSC from YAT arrived so placed it on till the @T_Chan cloth arrives. Also got a cover from amazon.

Attachments

• IMG_9929.jpeg
    IMG_9929.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9932.jpeg
    IMG_9932.jpeg
    101.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_9933.jpeg
    IMG_9933.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_9934.jpeg
    IMG_9934.jpeg
    183.1 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5952.jpeg
    IMG_5952.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 70
@T_Chan cloth arrived today! after a good ironing i got to work and the table is finally complete and it looks and feels great! Lighting is pretty dark in here so looks darker than it is.

Attachments

• IMG_0793.jpeg
    IMG_0793.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0792.jpeg
    IMG_0792.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0791.jpeg
    IMG_0791.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0788.jpeg
    IMG_0788.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0786.jpeg
    IMG_0786.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0781.jpeg
    IMG_0781.jpeg
    108.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0774.jpeg
    IMG_0774.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0796.jpeg
    IMG_0796.jpeg
    106.1 KB · Views: 78
@T_Chan cloth arrived today! after a good ironing i got to work and the table is finally complete and it looks and feels great! Lighting is pretty dark in here so looks darker than it is.
This table turned out awesome! Just getting into this hobby and this is next level stuff. When's the inaugural debut?

I think I'm going to need to put a custom table like this on my list of things to do. Would you change anything for your next time around?

This table turned out awesome! Just getting into this hobby and this is next level stuff. When's the inaugural debut?

I think I'm going to need to put a custom table like this on my list of things to do. Would you change anything for your next time around?
The only thing i would probably change is cut the table down a bit. I left it whole 48X96 and its pretty heavy. i should've cut it down to 44X92 possibly. Other than that im pretty happy with my first build.

The only thing i would probably change is cut the table down a bit. I left it whole 48X96 and its pretty heavy. i should've cut it down to 44X92 possibly. Other than that im pretty happy with my first build.
If you went a little smaller, do you think you would be able to squeeze in 10 if needed with 8 or 9 people being ideal?

I've also seen some discussion regarding no cup holders in the rail and using the movable type. Did this come up in your design process when getting ready to build this?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom