DIY budget table (2 Viewers)

Grimalkin

Pair
Reaction score
Thought I’d show a few pics of my budget table, and materials used for those that want to build a super cheap table.

(All prices in $CAD)
- $50 Used commercial folding leg table
- $55 3/4” low grade plywood (don’t ever go low grade btw, lesson learned, 2x4)
-$20 clearance “sweater” fabric for underlay
-$27 Amazon water resistant charcoal table cloth 60”x102” (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08PPDXPC4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title)

I already had a staple gun, screws, jig saw, etc. so all in about CA$152 or US$115

I could not find suitable fabric at fabric store with a nice colour so took a chance on this table cloth, it has a nice feel to it, and the cards pitch well, not too slippery which is good for a table with no rail, but cards are easily pitched to the other side of the table no problem. Water beads up on the surface, will see how long it lasts but for $27 CAD (US$22) it’s a cheap test.

Sweater fabric is actually pretty good budget underlay option, it’s soft, cushy, and very cheap. Highly recommend this route to make it cheaper to replace 1/4” foam.

IMG_1908.jpeg

IMG_1907.jpeg

IMG_1918.jpeg

That’ll do…might add a rail another time, but it’s double the cost of what I’ve already done, ($250 to $300 just to add a foamed rail).

Last edited:
No cutout, we self deal and likely never to get a dealer it’s just too much $$, this will be a 10 person table, I’m in the process of making a second table for a growing tourney.

Thought I’d show a few pics of my budget table, and materials used for those that want to build a super cheap table.

(All prices in $CAD)
- $50 Used commercial folding leg table
- $55 3/4” low grade plywood (don’t ever go low grade btw, lesson learned, 2x4)
-$20 clearance “sweater” fabric for underlay
-$27 Amazon water resistant charcoal table cloth 60”x102” (https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B08PPDXPC4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title)

I already had a staple gun, screws, jig saw, etc. so all in about CA$152 or US$115

I could not find suitable fabric at fabric store with a nice colour so took a chance on this table cloth, it has a nice feel to it, and the cards pitch well, not too slippery which is good for a table with no rail, but cards are easily pitched to the other side of the table no problem. Water beads up on the surface, will see how long it lasts but for $27 CAD (US$22) it’s a cheap test.

Sweater fabric is actually pretty good budget underlay option, it’s soft, cushy, and very cheap. Highly recommend this route to make it cheaper to replace 1/4” foam.

View attachment 1272473

View attachment 1272474

View attachment 1272475

That’ll do…might add a rail another time, but it’s double the cost of what I’ve already done, ($250 to $300 just to add a foamed rail).
I just added a 6" rail and cup holders to my table, and I have approx $350 into it. 4X8 1/2 " plywood, 3/4" strapping to make room for the 3/4" lighted diffuser, 1.5" foam, 3 meters of stretchable vinyl, 8-3/4 high cup holder rings, 1250 construction staples, etc etc. In order to get a tight vinyl rail, initially stapled the outside, then the inside, then undid staples step by step on the outside and re-stapled to get the rail vinyl really tight so the cup holders could have a tight foam substance to sit on. The 1.5" foam was compressed to 1". Also, undoing and re-stappling the outside helps to get rid of any folds, using a low powered heat gun to stretch while stappling. I spent a long time wrapping the rail. In all, I used at least 1000 staples.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom