Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (6 Viewers)

I needed a way to transport about 500 chips to work today to pack them up to be mailed off today.

This has never been something I needed to worry about before as I am usually buying, not selling.

So as I was looking around in the basement I saw a box for something else I had recently purchased and thought it would work.

Well it worked much better than I expected!!! It holds six racks and they don't budge!!!! I put the 4 racks of ASM chips I have here in it as a test to see how well it did. I turned the box upside down and shook it pretty violently. Nothing moved.

So for the other gun guys on here, you may want to order a few lowers from Palmetto State Armory just to get some of these great boxes! :D

IMG_2621.JPG
IMG_2622.JPG
IMG_2623.JPG

Have you done this clay chips - CC, CPC or Paulsons? Any concerns with doing damage?

Did it with my cc CPS set that I sold last year to @monkeydog. The original chips came wrapped in chip boxes, so I used the vacuum sealer to seal stacks of 25. They then went into the chip boxes, wrapped in bubble wrap, then into a box. As far as I know, they arrived safe and sound.

There are some great ideas in here for shipping chips. I will have to consider some of these options if I decide to sell some of my chips.

There are some great ideas in here for shipping chips. I will have to consider some of these options if I decide to sell some of my chips.

If they're really nice chips, and you offer them first to us down here in Bradenton / Sarasota, you won't have to ship them at all. :cool:

Hello guys,

This is how I will send my sample.
What is your thought about this method ?

Thank you !

I think they would bounce around a little in there. If you wrapped them in plastic wrap first to keep them from moving around, that is great

I will try, beacuse the bag is tiny ! And they don't bounce that much !
I don't know if it could have a real impact

The key to shipping any chips is to immobilize them and make sure they don't move/bang against one another. Wrapping the stack tightly in plastic wrap before putting them in the bag will keep them from banging against one another.

The key to shipping any chips is to immobilize them and make sure they don't move/bang against one another. Wrapping the stack tightly in plastic wrap before putting them in the bag will keep them from banging against one another.

Not only 'banging' but any sliding against each other. As others have stated, these need to be wrapped so that they are TIGHT. If I received the chips In a pouch like that (from another chipper), I'd be a tad surprised. The pouch is a nice touch, but unless they're secured, it's just not done right.

Wrap in Saran plastic wrap, twisting both ends to "tighten" any loose plastic material. Then tape the ends (better than my example, as I didn't want to hide the twisted ends) to create a single block of chips that can't rub against each other.

IMG_5993.JPG

Last edited:
Wrap in Saran plastic wrap, twisting both ends to "tighten" any loose plastic material. Then tape the ends (better than my example, as I didn't want to hide the twisted ends) to create a single block of chips that can't rub against each other.

View attachment 106203
Yup! And DON'T use the "Press 'n Seal" type unless you use a layer of regular plastic wrap first. The PnS allows you to wrap tighter but will leave a sticky residue on the chips.

If you're married to the pouch idea, maybe you could put them in the pouch, then wrap THE POUCH tightly in plastic, that might secure them.

I prefer singing my sample sets between two pieces of cardboard and then using a bubble wrap envelope. And I secure each chip in individually to the cardboard before applying the second piece

I prefer singing my sample sets between two pieces of cardboard and then using a bubble wrap envelope. And I secure each chip in individually to the cardboard before applying the second piece
Best way I agree. Cardboard/hardboard sandwich FTW. Then just place in small bubble mailer (6x9 or smaller).

IMG_1677.JPG

IMG_1678.JPG

IMG_1679.JPG

I tried something new when I mailed out my sample sets.

I picked up a pack of baseball card sleeves (98 cents for 100, probably cheaper in bulk)

I use 1 for every 2 chips. I put one in, fold it over, then put the other chip in the opening and tape it.

The chips don't rub because there's a layer of plastic around both chips.

I also put them between cardboard after that.

IMG_5056.JPG

IMG_5058.JPG

IMG_5057.JPG

saran wrap chips into stacks of about 30, then saran wrap those stacks together with 5 side by side. Then put them into the small USPS flatrate box
aO-SMALL-FRB-01-main-180x131.jpg

Then stack these flat rate boxes inside the tall medium flat rate box
aO-FRB1-01-main-180x104.jpg

They will fit in and line up almost perfectly. Doing this, I think you can ship about 900 chips but if you need to do less you just put empty small USPS flat rate boxes on the sides.

End thread.

saran wrap chips into stacks of about 30, then saran wrap those stacks together with 5 side by side. Then put them into the small USPS flatrate box
aO-SMALL-FRB-01-main-180x131.jpg

With that many chips in a SFRB, I would recommend putting the SFRB box inside of at least 1 padded flat rate envelope for 5 cents more. Depending on the weight, I sometimes will use up to 3 padded flat rate envelopes. There is only about 1/16" of cardboard between the chips and outside of the box.

If I'm shipping a set of chips versus a sample set i encase the entire flat rate box in packaging tape for extra security

View attachment 106203

I've always done that with a sheet of printer paper. Then wrap the barrel in bubble wrap.

If I'm shipping a set of chips versus a sample set i encase the entire flat rate box in packaging tape for extra security

I've seen this happen way too often when minimal tape is used or none at all.

IMG_20170629_113946.jpg

Reactions: DRG
I tape the crap out of my boxes.
But I always curse the tape on the boxes I receive, because it takes that much longer to get a look at my new chips!

Reactions: DRG
With that many chips in a SFRB, I would recommend putting the SFRB box inside of at least 1 padded flat rate envelope for 5 cents more. Depending on the weight, I sometimes will use up to 3 padded flat rate envelopes. There is only about 1/16" of cardboard between the chips and outside of the box.

to be fair, I end up putting on so much saran wrap that its hard to see which chips I'm packing after all is said and done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom