Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (7 Viewers)

Doubled small flat rate box. )

20161112_113734.jpg

One thing I would recommend is not using the Press and Seal wrap. I just recently got a sample set in of ceramics and after unwrapping each one they had a sticky residue on them from the sticky cling wrap. I tried washing them in hot water with dawn soap, using rubbing alcohol and they are still sticky.

I agree 100%

I have only had one shipment come that used the press and seal stuff. It definitely left a sticky residue on the chips!

Easier way to double a large flat rate box (old way is in the FP). (This also works with a medium flat rate and probably just about any two boxes that are exactly the same.)

I'm using a tape machine with fiberglass reinforced gummed tape now but regular box tape works too.

This thing is great! Bought it off eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/351714152282
Gummed tape has many advantages over regular box tape. It has a slot machine feel to it. :)

machine.jpg

40 LFR boxes waiting to be doubled

waiting.jpg

I still use regular tape on the inside box. (on right)

d2.jpg

d1.jpg

Ease over the square corners a bit and it will slide into the other box very easily without splitting it.

box 4.jpg

Eased!

ease.jpg

inside.jpg

inside1.jpg

Close up the inside box.

inside2.jpg

Close up the outside box now. I use a small piece of tape just to get the box pulled together nice and tight. Then I will tape the entire seam and pull the sides in tight too. Trying to do it all at once is a PITA.

box 6.jpg

box 7.jpg

A little extra gummed tape on the edges and sides. If I was using regular box tape I would pretty much tape up the entire box.

done.jpg

You sir are a professional. Thank you in advance for what is going to be a huge pita in a few weeks.

And thank you to your wife for letting you take over her part of the basement to start up your new package shipment endeavor.

Does anyone know a reasonably priced method of shipping birdcages. I have 5 or 6 I could sell, but the shipping seems to be prohibitive.

I use these 8 x 5.25 x 4.5 boxes (I think I got them from Uline) to maximize the volume inside a padded flat rate envelope. They fit perfectly, although they're snug. I've safely shipped 260 chips inside it with plenty of padding around each barrel of chips before, and regularly use it to ship 200 chips. You have to smash the corners of one end in a little bit to get it into the envelope.

View media item 6294
View media item 6295
View media item 6296
View media item 6297

You can print 1st class with tracking through PayPal. Use 6x9 bubble mailer and the label fits perfectly.

David
Could I bother you to walk me through this? I need to send out 40 bubble mailers and am looking to do 2 things: 1. Printable addresses with return address. 2. Prepay for mailers so I don't have to sit and wait for the poor old lady at the PO to weigh each package and stick on the label.

Could I bother you to walk me through this? I need to send out 40 bubble mailers and am looking to do 2 things: 1. Printable addresses with return address. 2. Prepay for mailers so I don't have to sit and wait for the poor old lady at the PO to weigh each package and stick on the label.
Yes, of course. Pm me your email addy and I will email you when I get home.

Reactions: 72o
Yes, of course. Pm me your email addy and I will email you when I get home.
Thank you sir. Will do. I tried to figure it out but I didn't see the options I was looking for.

Can't believe I haven't posted these tricks yet.

Here's how I wrap each of my rows of chips. Once wrapped, they're super tight.

Use a cookie sheet to keep the chips in rows. Lay Down stretchy wrap. Put chips on top. Stretch wrap over chips snugly.

Then into bubble wrap bags. Which get placed into foam lined MFRBs

IMG_0163.JPG
IMG_0164.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG
IMG_0166.JPG
IMG_0168.JPG

I drop one row (60 chips) to the bottom of a USPSFR bubble mailer, hold it firm and roll. One more row, finish the roll, seal tightly and tape. Line the bottom,middle (between rolled mailers), top of the box and stuff more loose bubble wrap to fill voids if there are any. 120 chips per mailer, 720 in a MFRB. Every long barrel of chips has at least two layers of padding between it and anything else.

If shipping fewer chips I build SFRBs to take up space (two SFRB tightly and completely fill the bottom/top/wherever of a MFRB).

IMG_1649.JPG
IMG_1650.JPG
IMG_1651.JPG

So @David O was kind enough to take some time out of his busy night (leaving for the Melee) and write me an email explaining how to use Paypal shipping for batch orders. Thank you sir!

I went old school last night before I looked into David's email and packed a few orders and hand wrote some addresses on regular peel 'n stick labels and slapped them on the 6x9 bubble mailers. I brought 10 mailers, all containing the exact same things, to the post office for shipping. Most of the mailers were just under 5 ounces but there were a couple just over. There must have been a couple extra pieces of tape on the 2 slightly heavier packages! And of course the price goes up for anything over 5 ounces.

Anyways this pretty much means I need to bring each package to the post office and have them weigh each individual mailer and just ignore the sighs and moans from the people waiting in line behind me right?

So @David O was kind enough to take some time out of his busy night (leaving for the Melee) and write me an email explaining how to use Paypal shipping for batch orders. Thank you sir!

I went old school last night before I looked into David's email and packed a few orders and hand wrote some addresses on regular peel 'n stick labels and slapped them on the 6x9 bubble mailers. I brought 10 mailers, all containing the exact same things, to the post office for shipping. Most of the mailers were just under 5 ounces but there were a couple just over. There must have been a couple extra pieces of tape on the 2 slightly heavier packages! And of course the price goes up for anything over 5 ounces.

Anyways this pretty much means I need to bring each package to the post office and have them weigh each individual mailer and just ignore the sighs and moans from the people waiting in line behind me right?
Make them all out for 6 oz. I think the price difference changes at 4 oz and then 8 oz.

Reactions: 72o
For the guys using small padded envelopes to ship around sample sets - what's the best way to secure the chips in the envelope so they don't slide around? Cardboard and plastic wrap? TY.

For the guys using small padded envelopes to ship around sample sets - what's the best way to secure the chips in the envelope so they don't slide around? Cardboard and plastic wrap? TY.
Cardboard is fine. Use 2 pieces of cardboard and make a cardboard sandwich which is even better. I would HIGHLY recommend not using the 'press-n-seal' plastic wrap as it works great for securing the chips but can leave a sticky residue on them. Use regular plastic wrap and then tape chips down after you wrap them in plastic.

I make a cardboard taco out of cereal boxes. Cut to fit snug. Tape seams to prevent escape. Then place into a bubble mailer.

I make a cardboard taco out of cereal boxes. Cut to fit snug. Tape seams to prevent escape. Then place into a bubble mailer.

I do something similar. I wrap each individual chip with paper. Then I tape the chip to the piece of cardboard. I do this with the entire sample set. Then I tape the two pieces of card board together before placing in the bubble wrapper.

I just sent a sample set to @btbmason Maybe he'll take a pic or two?

Sure thing!

Depending on the number of chips, I'll usually wrap each one in bubble wrap and tape them to a piece of cardboard, then put another piece of cardboard on top.

For about 20 chips, I'll spread them out in 2 straight lines of 10 each with some overlap on top of the next chip, wrap them twice in saran wrap, tape heavily and then wrap them in bubble wrap.

I think to myself, "Would I be annoyed if I had to open this?" and if the answer is yes then I've probably wrapped it well enough.

I would HIGHLY recommend not using the 'press-n-seal' plastic wrap as it works great for securing the chips but can leave a sticky residue on them. Use regular plastic wrap and then tape chips down after you wrap them in plastic.

Or use the press-n-seal *over* the regular plastic wrap.

I do something similar. I wrap each individual chip with paper. Then I tape the chip to the piece of cardboard. I do this with the entire sample set. Then I tape the two pieces of card board together before placing in the bubble wrapper.

I just noticed that I put the 500 upside down. It's almost bothering me enough to put it back where it was and re-take the photo.

IMG_4514.JPG
IMG_4515.JPG
IMG_4516.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom