Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (9 Viewers)

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Secret-PayP...ps-off-eBay-Mailing-/10000000007215096/g.html

Combined with flat rate shipping through USPS.com, I'm able to do everything but international first class without having to go to the post office. The Paypal first class is great for samples or dealer buttons. I wrap them against a piece of cardboard with saran wrap, slide in a bubble mailer (15c if you buy in bulk from amazon), print a label and put them in my mailbox at home. You can round way up on the weight to be safe and the price doesn't increase much at all. It's usually half the cost of a SFRB.

The REGIONAL A BOX. Limit is 15lbs which ships up to 600 chips and can cost significantly less than the medium flat rate priority box, depending on the location.

Learn it, love it, ship it.

Priority Mail Regional Rate Box - A1
10" x 7" x 4-3/4"
The Priority Mail® Regional Rate Box - A1 is a quick, easy, and convenient way for you to ship USPS Priority Mail packages. It is a top-loading box for up to 15 pounds.

Inside Dimensions: 10" x 7" x 4-3/4"
Outside Dimensions: 10-1/8" x 7-1/8" x 5"

https://store.usps.com/store/browse...p?productId=P_RRB_A1&categoryId=priority-mail

RRB_A1X-L0.jpg

I'm trying to ship some sample sets out. I have 4x7 bubble mailers and I'm just wondering how postage works. Does this just count as an envelope and I can just calculate how much postage it needs online (as a rigid envelope) and put stamps on it?

Trying to avoid waiting in line at the post office as their hours don't work that well for me.

I'm trying to ship some sample sets out. I have 4x7 bubble mailers and I'm just wondering how postage works. Does this just count as an envelope and I can just calculate how much postage it needs online (as a rigid envelope) and put stamps on it?

Trying to avoid waiting in line at the post office as their hours don't work that well for me.

If it's more than a 1/4" thick I believe you have to use package instead of envelope.

If it's more than a 1/4" thick I believe you have to use package instead of envelope.

True. Also, some (most) USPS facilities look at a bubble envelope and automatically treat it as a package even if it is less than 1/4" thick, and that can happen at either end. Just because the sender's post office accepts it as an envelope doesn't mean that the recipient won't get nailed for postage due.

i'm thinking a label that says "heavy product" on the box would be a good idea. i have a feeling that a lot of times someone picks it up not thinking that its going to be as heavy as it is, trys to throw it, goes about half the distance that it needs to and "thud". broken box.

wondering what country that^^ "R" flag represents.....

Follow my link here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Secret-PayP...ps-off-eBay-Mailing-/10000000007215096/g.html

If you want you can weigh the package, but 4 oz is probably more than enough. Under service type, choose "First Class Mail Parcel", under package size use "Package/Thick Envelope" and click "The packaging is irregular or unusual".

It will print you a label with tracking for under $3 and you can just put it in your mailbox. I schedule a pickup for free using USPS.com, but it's probably not necessary.

For a sample set, I like to put them flat on a small piece of cereal box and saran wrap it all up before sliding in the envelope. I've used masking tape before and had it peel off the inlay afterwards.

wondering what country that^^ "R" flag represents.....

republic of reta.... ill stop there, dont want principal pc on my arse.

i dont know why its there. i tried looking on my profile page and cant find where to change it. oh well.

The lady at the post office on Monday told me it was a good idea to switch boxes to one that didn't say fragile.
Seriously? Makes me want to do a shipping test with various packages containing accelerometers to see if packages marked fragile really do get worse treatment. I wonder if there's an app for that?

Follow my link here: http://www.ebay.com/gds/Secret-PayP...ps-off-eBay-Mailing-/10000000007215096/g.html

If you want you can weigh the package, but 4 oz is probably more than enough. Under service type, choose "First Class Mail Parcel", under package size use "Package/Thick Envelope" and click "The packaging is irregular or unusual".

It will print you a label with tracking for under $3 and you can just put it in your mailbox. I schedule a pickup for free using USPS.com, but it's probably not necessary.

For a sample set, I like to put them flat on a small piece of cereal box and saran wrap it all up before sliding in the envelope. I've used masking tape before and had it peel off the inlay afterwards.

Yes, don’t ship chips naked inside the bubble envelope, which can cause breakage, heartache, and agita for both parties.

I either bubble the chips again and/or use cardboard over them inside the bubble envelope. This way, friction prevents the chips from sliding around inside the bubble.

Yes, don’t ship chips naked inside the bubble envelope, which can cause breakage, heartache, and agita for both parties.

I either bubble the chips again and/or use cardboard over them inside the bubble envelope. This way, friction prevents the chips from sliding around inside the bubble.

Yeah, definitely not loose. Cardboard, the chips in a flat layer and another piece of cardboard taped or plastic wrapped up so they are one unit is good. I've omitted the second layer of cardboard in most cases before though.

Pretty sure the UPS guys play soccer on the airport tarmac with those packages, Tommy.

CARE = Crush + Annihilate + Ravage + Eradicate

Be careful what you ask for.

FRAGILE is even worse; postal workers typically view it as a challenge and rise to the occasion.

The lady at the post office on Monday told me it was a good idea to switch boxes to one that didn't say fragile.

I somewhat agree with this. I worked at UPS part-time when I was going to school. The first week there a guy said those "Fragile" and "Handle With Care" messages were distracting, and didn't mean anything. I asked why and he said he didn't like being told what to do by a box. :rolleyes: Hopefully the plain black and white labels and the "Please" helps.

republic of reta.... ill stop there, dont want principal pc on my arse.

i dont know why its there. i tried looking on my profile page and cant find where to change it. oh well.

I believe the flag is based on the country code associated with the ip address you are connecting with. I suspect you are using a vpn and the ip isn't associated with a country, or is being anonymized in some way.

david o knows how to ship chips. he goes the extra mile.

Glad they made it! I wanted to try something different since shifting chips means damaged chips. And how I HATE damaged chips.

It's a better version of the saran wrap technique I try to use. Much appreciated.

They are great. I use mine all the time. I usually go to Costco for meat and buy the full NY Strip or Rib Eye and cut my own and then seal them up. Best part is when I am ready to use I take the frozen steak out and throw it in some cool water. In under one hour it is thawed out and ready for the grill!!!. Micro wave is a steaks number one enemy if you want a juict steak.

Oh and now I use the sealer to keep the chips fresh:D

Last edited:
USPS.com has all packing supplies for free. I like to use the padded flat rate bubble mailer inside a flat rate legal size envelope. You can fit two racks inside the buble mailer. Tape it. Put that inside another bubble mailer. Tape it. You can even do it a third time. Last slip it inside the flat rate legal envelope if you want to save an additional fifty cents. Last I go to a completed eBay auction that has already been delivered with positive feedback and print another label. I change the name and address and get my eBay discount. In another thread I just sent a rack of charcoal starburst and some forest green as well and shipped them priority mail from portland to florida 2 day for $4.99. I also wrap each bullet with a layer of bubble wrap sort of like the vacuum seal above for added protection. It will still fit inside the chip holder. It eliminates any movement.
20151015_135311.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom