Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (7 Viewers)

I've now read through this thread page to page so I can properly ship a DDLM sample set to @nostan, and I've followed every instruction to the letter.

How did I do?
20210202_135256.jpg

I've now read through this thread page to page so I can properly ship a DDLM sample set to @nostan, and I've followed every instruction to the letter.

How did I do?

Well rounded packing job allowing for protection to be even on all sides. If it were dropped on purpose, kicked, or maybe even rolling down a hill, it’s spherical shape improves the chances of the DDLM surviving inside.

This is a great thread. I've been reading through it to get ready to reship 20,000 chips for a group buy. Only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the weight limit for flat rate boxes shipping from US to Canada, which is 20lbs.

This is a great thread. I've been reading through it to get ready to reship 20,000 chips for a group buy. Only thing I'm slightly concerned about is the weight limit for flat rate boxes shipping from US to Canada, which is 20lbs.

Concerned with regards to the contents getting damaged or the actual cost of the package once it surpasses 20lbs?

Concerned with regards to the contents getting damaged or the actual cost of the package once it surpasses 20lbs?

What I meant was I was concerned with being limited to 20 pounds, so I may have to split orders into multiple boxes.

But after reading more in this thread it seems like 800-900 chips is the max you can get into a large flat rate box, and 900 chips is just under 20 lbs.

Yup. Unless there are other items in there that weigh considerably more. That would be the only case where you exceed that limit and price changes. I had that happen a couple times but the person I was reshipping for still saved a considerable amount of money even with the higher price.

For those that use Pirate Ship, can you save a contacts list that is ready to click and ship from any time or do you have up upload the addresses/spreadsheet each time?

It seems to be saving all mine automatically If you click on a previous shipment, you can click a "Duplicate Shipment" button that initiates a label with the same address. I'm not sure about a specific contacts list tho.

JT

Screen Shot 2021-02-24 at 12.25.20 PM.png

What's the story with Pirate Ship?

I'm going to be shipping a lot of boxes from the US to Canada in the next month or two. I was going to just use USPS flat rate boxes, medium and large and print shipping labels direct from the USPS site. Will Pirate Ship save some money on international shipments?

Anyone ever thought of using Great Stuff for packing material....? :eek:

View attachment 632581
Dont do it! I've never shipped with this so if someone has been successful, they can overrule me. What I have done is used this product countless times install doors and windows. "Sticky as hell" isnt a strong enough term. This stuff is a nightmare if you get it on you or your clothes. You wouldn't want it on chips. It's also not cheap, guaranteed you can find cheaper and more user friendly packing material

Dont do it! I've never shipped with this so if someone has been successful, they can overrule me. What I have done is used this product countless times install doors and windows. "Sticky as hell" isnt a strong enough term. This stuff is a nightmare if you get it on you or your clothes. You wouldn't want it on chips. It's also not cheap, guaranteed you can find cheaper and more user friendly packing material

Two things to put your mind at ease

1) I've gotten this stuff on my clothes and skin before, so I'm well aware of how nasty that can be.

2) I should've been more clear in the way I was considering using it. I would never spray this stuff into a box that had chips in it. I was thinking of using pieces that were already fully cured.

I originally thought of it because I have a ton of cans of this stuff laying around, leftover from old Halloween projects, and when I use it I usually end up with a lot of waste that I just throw out after it dries.

Two things to put your mind at ease

1) I've gotten this stuff on my clothes and skin before, so I'm well aware of how nasty that can be.

2) I should've been more clear in the way I was considering using it. I would never spray this stuff into a box that had chips in it. I was thinking of using pieces that were already fully cured.

I originally thought of it because I have a ton of cans of this stuff laying around, leftover from old Halloween projects, and when I use it I usually end up with a lot of waste that I just throw out after it dries.
Haha definitely at ease. My mind wandered to tossing barrels in a box and topping it up w fresh foam. Anyone see demolition man when he crashes the car?
Cured foam harmless, great idea.

If I wanted to go next level with the Great Stuff idea, I could make a mold with a width & length that is slightly smaller than the size of a Medium/Large Flat Rate Box, and lets say 2" high. Spray the great stuff in there, give it 10 minutes to form a skin. Wrap stacks of 25 chips in plastic wrap, place them on the semi-cured great stuff, gently push down to submerge them a little less than halfway into the great stuff. Once it all dries I'd have a perfect sized piece of foam with perfect sized trenches to hold chips.

This is, of course, getting ridiculous.

Don't use a Padded Flat Rate Envelope to send chip racks, as very thick racks likely won't survive even when double/triple padded. I gave it a try earlier this week to save the buyer a few bucks with poor results, so it's back to doubled Flat Rate Boxes for me. Lesson learned, and claim filed. Sad that this poor young rack will likely never hold chips in its lifetime....

Damaged Racks.png

That looks like a thick, quality rack too. Thinner racks, including Bud Jones, would never stand a chance.

Don't use a Padded Flat Rate Envelope to send chip racks, as very thick racks likely won't survive even when double/triple padded. I gave it a try earlier this week to save the buyer a few bucks with poor results, so it's back to doubled Flat Rate Boxes for me. Lesson learned, and claim filed. Sad that this poor young rack will likely never hold chips in its lifetime....

View attachment 654491

It can still be fixed. It can even still be used as is.

That's what I'm getting :(

What a joke, 3 locations, 3 different prices ranging from $52 - $85
And people ask us why we don't like shipping internationally.
Or they ask us, how much will that cost to ship to me in Europe.
This is why, rest of the world!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom