Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (2 Viewers)

So... did USPS raise their prices on international flat rate packages but not update their site? :mad:

Via PayPal PFRE/SFRB is $37.70 and MFRB is $77 but below they're $27 & $52..... not cool USPS, not cool.

View attachment 682796
I think the 27 and 52 is Canada only bro. Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that's correct.

That's what I'm getting :(

What a joke, 3 locations, 3 different prices ranging from $52 - $85

Yup, it varies depending on where you are shipping. I was about to ship something up to Canada that isn't a flat rate box via USPS. Turns out FedEx was cheaper by about $25 and the box is actually larger than the LFRB. Ridiculous.

So... did USPS raise their prices on international flat rate packages but not update their site? :mad:

Via PayPal PFRE/SFRB is $37.70 and MFRB is $77 but below they're $27 & $52..... not cool USPS, not cool.

View attachment 682796

Hopefully the buyer will reimburse you for the difference. After all as a community we rely and trust each other to keep each end of the deal. If it costs more than you thought I don’t believe it should fall on the seller, especially if the website isn’t updated. I won’t speak for all of us international members but I do appreciate the extra effort that the seller puts in, otherwise it would really hard for us to get chips. Thank you!

I think the 27 and 52 is Canada only bro. Could be wrong but I'm fairly sure that's correct.
You're so right bro. Damn. Whoops!

Hopefully the buyer will reimburse you for the difference. After all as a community we rely and trust each other to keep each end of the deal. If it costs more than you thought I don’t believe it should fall on the seller, especially if the website isn’t updated. I won’t speak for all of us international members but I do appreciate the extra effort that the seller puts in, otherwise it would really hard for us to get chips. Thank you!
It was my fault. Not asking more from any of the buyers as I gave them a quote and they already paid. Just $10-$15 in each instance, not a big deal compared to the price of chips.

Seconded! PCFers like Tom and others are sometimes the only reason I’ve been able to purchase chips from certain U.S.-based sellers. To say that I’m grateful for all their help would be the understatement of the year!

Do not get me started on shipping up here to Canada.

The prices are ridiculous and make ZERO sense. How can someone buy something that costs bout $20-30 USD and is the size of a pack of cards, and then have to pay another $30+ to ship? Then if we are using PP the exchange is pathetic and then they tack on the PP fee. A parcel the size of a deck of cards ends up coming out to about $60-70 CAD.

RIDONKULOUS.

Do not get me started on shipping up here to Canada.

The prices are ridiculous and make ZERO sense. How can someone buy something that costs bout $20-30 USD and is the size of a pack of cards, and then have to pay another $30+ to ship? Then if we are using PP the exchange is pathetic and then they tack on the PP fee. A parcel the size of a deck of cards ends up coming out to about $60-70 CAD.

RIDONKULOUS.
It's a tough thing for sure to try and chip in Canada. (I couldn't imagine my friends in the EU and Singapore)

One thing that can really help is chip purchase consolidation and also PayPal proxy.

To elaborate, you need to setup with a member you can trust to receive all your chipments for you. As well, as you start to buy and then SELL, have the buyers send the funds to that "trusted" member's PayPal account. It takes a bit of record keeping and effort, but can save you big money in the end. I know it for a fact. I've been operating this way for a long time. I avoid international fees of any kind. I can sell in USD and buy in USD and not incur a single fee. I pay the $8 to $16 for domestic shipping. Then on average, I can SAFELY (everyone's definition is different) transport 400+ chips and various singles ,DBs, sample sets that I usually have, into an MFRB and pay the $57 to get them all. I definitely ain't gonna pay that $29 SFRB.

Agreed that it's all a big rip off, but we can mitigate the damage with the the help of some really amazing people out there on the PCF streets!

Just a little reminder that by entering the weight during ‘click and ship’ for USPS packages
Opens up the option for Priority Regional Rate A

Sometimes it’s cheaper than a SFRB

you do have to order them from the PO online though as they don’t carry them at the local PO

It can hold 300 or 400 chips !

Shipping this rack to MD from MA and cost only $8.35

E857EE77-AE06-4C49-9571-C38716A76453.jpeg

Last edited:
Just a little reminder that by entering the weight during ‘click and ship’ for USPS packages
Opens up the option for Priority Regional Rate

you do have to order them from the PO online though as they don’t carry them at the local PO

View attachment 692611
so this is done on the USPS website? I have an account, but have always used PayPal for my shipping.

If you shop on usps site for shipping materials and supplies. The regional rate boxes are there. They send them to you for free. Just add to cart.

meant to add that box I showed is a Regional Rate Box A

If you shop on usps site for shipping materials and supplies. The regional rate boxes are there. They send them to you for free. Just add to cart.

meant to add that box I showed is a Regional Rate Box A
Right. I've seen those boxes before, but I don't think the regional boxes are an option using the PayPal shipping. What I meant with my question is: do you use the USPS website to create your shipping labels? Or what do you use?

Right. I've seen those boxes before, but I don't think the regional boxes are an option using the PayPal shipping. What I meant with my question is: do you use the USPS website to create your shipping labels? Or what do you use?
Ok. I see.

I create a label in Click and Ship on USPS website

add weight.

chose box/ priority

check out using PayPal

When you click this it will ask you to sign in

C55FCA67-FA9D-400A-A490-970A1AE637D5.jpeg

Opens up the option for Priority Regional Rate A

View attachment 692611
So clearly that is bigger than a SFRB. Is it as big as a MFRB? Or in between?

Paypal is a pain and won't let you choose Regional Rate A boxes, but Pirate Ship will! (although if you watch their videos and read their tutorials they bag on the Regional Rate boxes all the time and say it's a terrible value and you should ship in your own box instead - which I disagree with. Usually the price difference is so small that I think the Regional Rate A wins on convenience.) I use the Regional Rate A a lot for orders that are between a small and medium flat rate box, and it usually ships between $9 and $12 depending on weight and distance. It can be a great deal.

Paypal is a pain and won't let you choose Regional Rate A boxes, but Pirate Ship will! (although if you watch their videos and read their tutorials they bag on the Regional Rate boxes all the time and say it's a terrible value and you should ship in your own box instead - which I disagree with. Usually the price difference is so small that I think the Regional Rate A wins on convenience.) I use the Regional Rate A a lot for orders that are between a small and medium flat rate box, and it usually ships between $9 and $12 depending on weight and distance. It can be a great deal.
Can they fit 4 warnekes? Seems like the only time I’d use them.

Can they fit 4 warnekes? Seems like the only time I’d use them.
Yep, with room for padding too. Just remember the rate depends on weight too with these. You can almost squeeze 6 boxes in, but that would be heavy enough that it might bump the price, and there isn't any room for padding on top.

20210505_230616.jpg

When Pirate's Priority Cubic rate beats Reg A , it's still convenient, (and cheaper), since you can use any of the other Postal Prio free boxes that are close in size,
( just not the regional A/flat boxes) ... such as a size 1097 or 1092 box instead of Reg rate A...

So, what's the best way to ship about 3600 chips within the states? For example, from Delaware to California? Asking for a friend.... :whistle: :whistling:

IMG_20210520_154735.jpg

Anyone who has received chips from me recently will know that I love using cling film / kitchen foil boxes! They are especially useful for 43mm chips.

Just a matter of wrapping barrels of chips together in cling film first; securing some bubble wrap around each barrel; then filling the boxes with these barrels. Finally, fasten the boxes shut with tape.

Using the @BGinGA package-within-a-package method, taping all of these boxes together makes it really easy to create an 'internal' package with a label on + it is an efficient use of space.

So, what's the best way to ship about 3600 chips within the states? For example, from Delaware to California? Asking for a friend.... :whistle: :whistling:
What kind of chips?

For valuable and/or fragile types, I'd use 6x USPS Priority MFR boxes with 600 chips each, double-boxed using 100-ct white chip boxes taped up as a single brick and bubble-wrapped.

For inexpensive and/or unbreakable types, you can just load them into heavy-duty plastic bags and probably get 1200 chips into a USPS Priority LFR box. I'd double-box those too, because they will likely weigh a crap-ton.

OK, not sure if this belongs here or not, but seems to fit. For any of you in the US who have purchased chips from Canada, ever seen this on the tracking report? Jamaica, USA? WTH? There is a small town south of Montreal named Jamaica in Vermont, but it's not even on the main road, and not particularly close to the border, so no idea if that's what they mean, or not.

1621626319302.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom