Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (1 Viewer)

These boxes work great. Bigger than a SFRB and they still fit in a PFRE.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/poker-chip-shipping-tips-and-tricks.7614/post-802724

IMG_20190614_111237.jpg

Cool, I just ordered a 10-pack of those to try them. For those that are looking, it appears to be called a 1096L box. I didn't see that listed in the thread, but apologies if I missed it.

Glad Press’n’Seal is great for rolling up stacks, up to 50 at a time. Just lay out about 6" (best if it wraps around the chips twice) of the P'n'S on the table, lay the stack on the edge of the plastic, and roll the stack away from you. The film will cling to the chips, and stabilize the stack as you roll.
BDEE1B3C-833D-4DAD-A258-21CDFC16EE4D.jpeg
D8E97B60-E31A-4063-A32B-8B4A3E80E874.jpeg
CF21687B-C077-49C6-9625-24D95C95CF90.jpeg

Glad Press’n’Seal is great for rolling up stacks, up to 50 at a time. Just lay out about 6" (best if it wraps around the chips twice) of the P'n'S on the table, lay the stack on the edge of the plastic, and roll the stack away from you. The film will cling to the chips, and stabilize the stack as you roll.
View attachment 370745View attachment 370746View attachment 370747
When I tried this stuff, probably 6+ years ago, it left residue on the chips. Does it no longer do that?

View attachment 370745View attachment 370746View attachment 370747
When I tried this stuff, probably 6+ years ago, it left residue on the chips. Does it no longer do that?
Every package I've received left residue on the chips. I don't recommend using it.

Yes I received some chips with the press and seal wrap and I could never get the residue off (it was during warm months). Since then I use regular cling wrap first and then tightly wrap with the press n seal after.

Anyone have any tips on sending a single overseas? Would I be able to wrap it in paper and slide it into an envelope with enough postage and call it day?

Anyone have any tips on sending a single overseas? Would I be able to wrap it in paper and slide it into an envelope with enough postage and call it day?
I've shipped a single to the USA this way. Wrapped the single in saran wrap. Then, folded some newspaper around it to fill the envelope and taped it in place.

Put a couple stamps, and it's in transit.

I think it could work for international.

I must admit, I was hesitant and messaged the buyer to maybe do a mailer, but he wanted the lettermail

Any advice on most cost effective method to ship 2 racks from US to EU? (France in particular)

Looks like rates have gone up? Just mailed a padded envelope and it was $8.40. I think SFRB is now something like $8.30.
Yeah PFRE from $7.55 to $7.75
Yep, postage rates in Canada went up too!

It may be a result of USPS trying to semi-privatize, as they are changing their structure a bit. So I've read anyhow

Sucks for chippers for sure

Question when shipping. Can you send stuff and make it to be picked up at the post office? For cheap or no extra cost?

Basically, if someone didn’t need a PO Box per se, but was visiting somewhere for business/pleasure/whatever, could he have something sent to a local Post Office and avoid additional charges if he picked up same day?

Question when shipping. Can you send stuff and make it to be picked up at the post office? For cheap or no extra cost?

Basically, if someone didn’t need a PO Box per se, but was visiting somewhere for business/pleasure/whatever, could he have something sent to a local Post Office and avoid additional charges if he picked up same day?

Address to “General Delivery

i'm thinking a label that says "heavy product" on the box would be a good idea. i have a feeling that a lot of times someone picks it up not thinking that its going to be as heavy as it is, trys to throw it, goes about half the distance that it needs to and "thud". broken box.
Having worked at a post office, this is a good idea. Small dense packages hit the floor a lot when folks aren't expecting the weight. Then they are mad at that specific package and it gets handled roughly, especially if it has a fragile label on it.

Having worked at a post office, this is a good idea. Small dense packages hit the floor a lot when folks aren't expecting the weight. Then they are mad at that specific package and it gets handled roughly, especially if it has a fragile label on it.
Really anything that says fragile on it :LOL: :laugh:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom