Poker Chip Shipping Tips and Tricks (2 Viewers)

So by itself the 1096L doesn't qualify to ship as a flat rate box but if you put it in the padded flat rate envelope it will ship as flat rate? o_O

So by itself the 1096L doesn't qualify to ship as a flat rate box but if you put it in the padded flat rate envelope it will ship as flat rate? o_O
A box is a box when it’s in a PFRE :tup:

How’s the structural integrity of the larger box? Granted since it’s inside a PFRE they probably don’t try to stack them or play football with them like a MFRB... maybe frisbee though o_O

A box is a box when it’s in a PFRE :tup:

How’s the structural integrity of the larger box? Granted since it’s inside a PFRE they probably don’t try to stack them or play football with them like a MFRB... maybe frisbee though o_O

Same as the SFRB. Should have no problem putting it into a doubled PFRE.

Figured if you stack chips 15 high inside these boxes you can fit 360 in each box with no shifting (all tight up against one another with no moving). 2 + padding will fit in a MFRB... not sure what the weight would be but seems like you could ship 720 chips for $14 :eek:. Haven't done this yet so I wouldn't try with expensive chips until this is done successfully but based on initial fitting it seems like it'd work.

What is the best way to ship 120-160 chips? Was thinking SFRB with 100 chips, then each barrel wrapped in PFRE, all inside of another PFRE ... or is there a better way? Thanks.

@Hornet, I try to keep shipping low for my buyers, so I tend to stack under 200 chips in a padded flat rate envelope (PFRE). I do this using a method described in this thread. Package barrels of chips along the bottom of a PFRE until tight. Then tightly roll the PFRE and use the seal side to keep it tight. I use packaging tape to keep everything tight. I load all of these little "mini salamis" into another PFRE and then tightly wrap that PFRE in packaging tape. I slide that into another PFRE, if it will fit, for triple padding. Sometimes I also slide cardboard "protectors" in on the sides. I finish by wrapping in packaging tape again to keep things tight and also to protect from tearing. I have never had an issue, but I am cautious after seeing some other posts of damaged packages. Not sure I would ship mint, expensive chips using this method.

General (people can figure out funky ways of fitting more usually) rule of thumb on # of chips per packaging:
1-40: non-flat rate padded envelope
40-200: SFRB or PFRE (I prefer SRFB inside a few PFREs)
200-600: MFRB
600-900: LFRB

So I just tried fitting 200 chips in SFRB and I either have the wrong boxes or I’m terrible at chip puzzles because two cardboard boxes were not fitting in a SFRB. What am I missing?

So I just tried fitting 200 chips in SFRB and I either have the wrong boxes or I’m terrible at chip puzzles because two cardboard boxes were not fitting in a SFRB. What am I missing?
They won’t fit exactly in. You obviously put them side by side and the second one will be poking out about ⅓ of the way. You should still be able to close the SFRB flaps partially though. Then that’s when you put the SFRB in a PFRE (or 4) so for like 160+ you kind of need a PFRE as well as a SFRB.

200 Chips will not fit in a SFRB. Not without compromising the box or risking damage to the chips.

They won’t fit exactly in. You obviously put them side by side and the second one will be poking out about ⅓ of the way. You should still be able to close the SFRB flaps partially though. Then that’s when you put the SFRB in a PFRE (or 4) so for like 160+ you kind of need a PFRE as well as a SFRB.

That makes more sense now.

How I put 200 chips in SFRB:

IMG_20190725_235816.jpg

IMG_20190726_000416.jpg

Last edited:
I'm trying to calculate USPS shipping of a barrel CONUS and it's coming up to like $5.50. That seems high to me. Is that right? I should be able to send a barrel in a non-flat rate padded envelope through first class mail right?

I'm trying to calculate USPS shipping of a barrel CONUS and it's coming up to like $5.50. That seems high to me. Is that right? I should be able to send a barrel in a non-flat rate padded envelope through first class mail right?
Yes, are you using the PayPal payment/shipping method? You get 23% off USPS rates which may be the reason your quote seems ~$1.25 high.

Yes, are you using the PayPal payment/shipping method? You get 23% off USPS rates which may be the reason your quote seems ~$1.25 high.

Doesn't seem like I can do that without receiving payment. I'm not sure how much to charge for shipping until I do that.

I wish more people shipped like this. My last purchase was ripped to shreds and was taped up by usps.

And here I thought flat rate boxes were the obvious choice for shipping.

These are all great - especially using the USPS bubble envelopes for packing INSIDE the main box.

Thanks to all!

I saw this new Scotch Flex and Seal product yesterday at a vendor showcase and I immediately thought of PCF, although obviously you wouldn't want to send a rack of chips or anything, but the idea and execution seem decent enough for something.....even if it's just internal packing to keep things "solid" in transit....?

On the flat rate bubble mailers, is the adhesive on the flap enough or is it reccommended to reinforce with packing tape? Shipping two racks in one mailer.

On the flat rate bubble mailers, is the adhesive on the flap enough or is it reccommended to reinforce with packing tape? Shipping two racks in one mailer.
I've never had an issue with the bubble mailer adhesive coming undone (over 60 received and shipped). I don't add additional tape to mine but it could't hurt.

Shipping 3 racks to Canada from the US. What service do you guys typically use?

Almost always USPS is the cheapest for international. Unfortunately 3 racks means you 100% have to use at least a MFRB ... I don't remember how much that is but $30+ is my guess

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom