Plastic Cards (1 Viewer)

Lol crazy how a simple (maybe it isn’t so simple) goes all different ways. So I’m definitely set on buying a deck with the yellow center. I will use them for my tournaments with that being said I don’t want anyone to be able to cheat(marked cards) so is it pretty easy to spot this on the da Vinci? And money really isn’t an issue for a deck of cards as long as I’m not paying like 40$ for a deck of cards I’m ok. Lol
In all honesty, if I were to buy Modiano’s or davinci’s, I’d buy them with the same confidence I’d have in any other brand. Because modianos have probably been the most common card used on these forums and I’ve never seen a similar complaint, prior to the Desjgn fiasco.
If you want to boycott Modiano because they’ve screwed over Desjgn, by all means, I agree. But until somebody opens their card draw and shows me another modiano-produced deck with color variation, I’m not going to worry about that.

Last edited:
Which cards would be the Mint leaded THC?

I know there are a lot of KEM haters, but these are my all-time favorites. I recently purchased a Desjgn setup and they have become a very close second for me. Extremely nice product. For the money, as a couple others have already stated, Bicycle Prestige are very nice. I have never used Royal cards, but for the cards I have used, I would also agree that Copags are the dice chips of plastic cards.

DSC_0149-1.jpg

Just get Fourniers and done. Best cards I have tried so far, and I did try a bunch of different manufacturers. Available in Poker and Bridge size - the bridge ones with a multitude of nice back designs in double deck setups, the poker size ones as single decks. These are a dream to shuffle!

KEMs are my second favorite but they do not beat Fournier from a practicability standpoint. Their design is nicer and the feeling of the material is better, but they tend to warp really fast and also don't shuffle as easily.

It's up to every individual to decide what companies you want to give your money to based on your own experience & decisions. I'm just doing my best to put information in your hands to help when making the decision. In the instance of the Desjgn kickstarter supported by many PCF members, @#$&ano :mad: has made it clear they didn't feel like we were a big enough customer to bother to correct an obvious mistake in their printing of the cards. Instead they lied to Jason (customer) and/or ignored all of us (secondary customers) that tried to contact them regarding the errors. Seems to me a reputable company would do everything in their power to correct such QC problems.

If this is the type of company you want to spend your money with go ahead, they will gladly accept your money. But I wouldn't expect them to provide any type of support if you receive defective product.

View attachment 155311

Just get Fourniers and done. Best cards I have tried so far, and I did try a bunch of different manufacturers. Available in Poker and Bridge size - the bridge ones with a multitude of nice back designs in double deck setups, the poker size ones as single decks. These are a dream to shuffle!

KEMs are my second favorite but they do not beat Fournier from a practicability standpoint. Their design is nicer and the feeling of the material is better, but they tend to warp really fast and also don't shuffle as easily.
I agree. I love them. But they’re not cheap and not quite mainstream. Still, if you want them, you can find them pretty easily for $15 a deck on eBay.

they lied to Jason (customer) and/or ignored all of us (secondary customers) that tried to contact them regarding the errors. Seems to me a reputable company would do everything in their power to correct such QC problems.

If this is the type of company you want to spend your money with go ahead, they will gladly accept your money. But I wouldn't expect them to provide any type of support if you receive defective product.

But you have to ask yourself who their customer is. Like I said, if I go on Amazon and buy some Davinci cards I'm not a customer of Modiano, Davinci is. If I have a problem I talk to Amazon or Davinci. If Davinci has a problem with Modiano then Modiano will probably listen, since Davinci is far bigger than I am or a group-buy here.

Good luck with you purchase, I sincerely hope you don't have any problems. :)
Thanks! I’m up in air between Fournier and DaVinci because of price if I can get great cards for less than that’s what I’ll do.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to purchase Bridge sized cover/cut cards?

JFC - what part of this do you really not understand? Dejign ordered directly from Modiano. They fucked him over -- their direct customer. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

JFC - what part of this do you really not understand? Dejign ordered directly from Modiano. They fucked him over -- their direct customer. I really don't understand what point you're trying to make here.

JFC I don't understand what you don't understand (I just reciprocate the tone here... I hope you like it).

When I read the thread some comments appear to say "Don't get Davinci, because they are made by Modiano, and you'll be up s#$t creek if there's anything wrong". My comment was that if you're getting your Davinci cards from Amazon then you are a customer of Amazon in practice, or of Davinci depending on how the sales agreement is worded. What you are not is a customer of Modiano. So the likelihood of getting compensated for poor cards rely on how Amazon/Davinci reacts, not Modiano.

Do you get it now? Context much?

Concept is sound unless you're buying direct from the manufacturer...... and both sell direct.

And don't forget those companies (not Amazon, they're typically pretty good) who respond to customer complaints with "let me take it up with the manufacturer." And if the manufacturer comes back with "tough shit", then that's their answer, too.

I agree. I love them. But they’re not cheap and not quite mainstream. Still, if you want them, you can find them pretty easily for $15 a deck on eBay.

I must not be searching for the right things...I can't find them for less than $15 per deck and that's without a case it seems. (FOURNIER 2826)

I must not be searching for the right things...I can't find them for less than $15 per deck and that's without a case it seems. (FOURNIER 2826)
No, that’s it. That’s all I could find.
I have a setup in a plastic case, but I’m not sure where they came from. Must’ve been eBay because it wasn’t amazon.

No, that’s it. That’s all I could find.
I have a setup in a plastic case, but I’m not sure where they came from. Must’ve been eBay because it wasn’t amazon.

Bummer - oh well...seriously the last thing I need is another setup of cards. Yet I keep buying them anyway o_O

1) there is no difference between pre and Post USPC Kems. However, cards made in the last few years seem to have a rougher texture. If you buy them store them with a dealer button on top. All acetate cards are at risk of bowing.

There absolutely IS.

2)I concur with many here. If you can find Bicycle Prestige bridge cheap, they are the best bang for the buck.

They are pretty good.

3) Desjgn are the best looking and feeling non acetate cards on the market IMO. Best looking of any card

Again, very nice cards.

Popped into this thread because it said plastic cards . . . quite surprised to discover this garbage from Modiano. As many will know, they have long been a favourite of mine. Never had a quality issue with mine, for which I am thankful If what has been posted here is accurate, and I have no reason to think otherwise, Modiano is now dead to me. Fourniers are just as good, available in a wider variety, and I can personally vouch that, regardless of how many cards may be defective, it is a new DECK that will arrive in the mail, rather than simply a replacement card or three.

Thanks! I’m up in air between Fournier and DaVinci because of price if I can get great cards for less than that’s what I’ll do.

BUY THE FOURNIERS. Any issue of price will be MORE than cancelled out by quality, and longevity. what no one here has yet stated is that the DaVinci line of cards is the entry level for Modiano. think Chevy as opposed to Cadillac. With Fournier, you are getting Lexus at Toyota pricing.

Just buy them and enjoy.

Guild cards also have the shaded box and are widely available for about $20/setup. They look just like Modianos and DaVincis and come in a Modiano box, but I believe they are not made by Modiano. I like them very much.

Guild feel very similar to Fournier and Modiano to me. They are stiffer and snappier AKA plastic feeling like most PVC cards. Desjgn used a more flexible plastic which gets you very close too the feel of Kems. Acetate cards have a soft buttery feel to them which I think is outstanding and can’t be replicated with PVC in my experience. They also have their draw backs discussed many times here

I have bridge Fournier that have the tan center. They are identical to my bridge Prestige. The cut of the card and even the jumbo font are exactly the same. They are for all purposes the same cards.

**Blushes**

Hell, shoot me a PM and we can work something out to get you a set-up of Modiano PAs from my collection. Guaranteed to be unmarked and in great shape. I'll even throw in the flip case $20.00 USD should more than cover the shipping, if you're interested.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom