PCF Wine appreciation thread. (3 Viewers)

CorbieresIMG_1385.jpg
Coribieres_IMG_1387.jpg

Gerard Betrand last evening, Corbieres 2015, with Grenache, Syrah and Mouvedre in the blend.
Very nice. Brought by a good friend who has worked for years in France.

As we were talking about glasses, building a travel set is good and since we all have a case fetish on this forum here is my travel version.
- 4 stemless riedel
- A half cab decanter
- Bottle opener
- Pelican 1500

That looks great -- except that I hate, hate, hate glass stemless wine glasses. Looking at wine through smeared fingerprints just ruins it for me.

If I'm forced to drink wine (especially outdoors) from a stemless glass, it should at least be made of double-walled metal for insulation. And purple anodized, so it looks a little bit like wine.

It drives me bonkers to see people hold a wine glass incorrectly and not by the stem in some fashion.

I just think to myself “are you a caveman?”

Then I think to myself “doesn’t matter ... and they’ll probably go vote, too.”

That looks great -- except that I hate, hate, hate glass stemless wine glasses. Looking at wine through smeared fingerprints just ruins it for me.

If I'm forced to drink wine (especially outdoors) from a stemless glass, it should at least be made of double-walled metal for insulation. And purple anodized, so it looks a little bit like wine.
I agree with you, but for travel 4 stemless required a case that was too large. Compromise...

Beaumes de Venise : 100% Muscat petit grain
Tour de Mons : not a big margaux but nice one, cabernet sauvignon and merlot
Domaine Borgnat : a nice little Bourgogne ! Pinot noir.

Chin chin

Its not wine but we dont give a fuck. Its alcool. Have some pastis soon boyz.

Just try it : Pastis + water + ice cubes

Just a legend from south of France ahah

B4A2718A-6938-411B-A26D-4C37F9D113CD.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh man. I just discovered this thread. I love wine and glad to see a group of fellow oenophiles on her.

My faves are big bold California reds. Been trying to expand my palette and range the last few years. Love Argentinian Malbecs as well.

Buying more old world wines lately especially burgundies and Bordeauxs.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys enjoy and recommend.

Ah, Gruet! Our American "shampagne" of choice. I know we've discussed it here before.

I go through almost 40 bottles every New Year's Day, when we throw our annual afternoon Hangover Brunch with crepes.

Our favorite Gruet is the Blanc de Noirs -- wonderful toasty flavor. And they've been producing an excellent vintage Gruet for about three years now.

It's enough to give New Mexico wine a good name! :cool

Ah, Gruet! Our American "shampagne" of choice. I know we've discussed it here before.

I go through almost 40 bottles every New Year's Day, when we throw our annual afternoon Hangover Brunch with crepes.

Our favorite Gruet is the Blanc de Noirs -- wonderful toasty flavor. And they've been producing an excellent vintage Gruet for about three years now.

Yes, my wife really loves it, thanks for the suggestion again. Really helps out the pocketbook!

I will try this american champagne !

Oh man. I just discovered this thread. I love wine and glad to see a group of fellow oenophiles on her.

My faves are big bold California reds. Been trying to expand my palette and range the last few years. Love Argentinian Malbecs as well.

Buying more old world wines lately especially burgundies and Bordeauxs.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys enjoy and recommend.

Welcome to the thread! I think we may have similar tastes in wine. My top "go-to" wines, by region, tend to be:

California Zinfandel (Lodi for best value)
Argentina Malbec
Spain Garnacha
France Cotes du Rhone
Australia Shiraz (Barossa Valley, if I can)
Italy just-about-whatever-I-can-get

but I never dismiss any wine region out-of-hand, I like to try anything and everything, because you can be surprised anywhere

Well anyone know how long wine will stay good with UPS in 80 degree temps? My wine is stuck on the other side of the river due to the massive flooding around my house. Bridges are all closed and expecting it to be a few days yet, then with the holiday it may be 6 days before I get the wine. :(

Welcome to the thread! I think we may have similar tastes in wine. My top "go-to" wines, by region, tend to be:

California Zinfandel (Lodi for best value)
Argentina Malbec
Spain Garnacha
France Cotes du Rhone
Australia Shiraz (Barossa Valley, if I can)
Italy just-about-whatever-I-can-get

but I never dismiss any wine region out-of-hand, I like to try anything and everything, because you can be surprised anywhere

Cotes du Rhône ! Château neuf du Pape very good wine good taste man. Strong wine, try Bourgogne Nuits-Saint-Georges such a good one i swear

Oenotria (wine-yielding) Land is a fine blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and the Peloponesian Agiorgitiko, cultivated in the blessed soils of Attica, by the serious Northerner (Greek Macedonian) guy Constantine (Costas) Lazaridis, Drama-based (not to be confused with drama in general).:D

It's very interesting that he went to great lengths to supervising a wine being made in Athens' deep Greek South territory, himself being a proud Northerner otherwise.
Biological cultivation, unfiltered, best served decanted. "Under the guidance of Michel Rolland".

It would have been ideal with a steak, but we couldn't help consuming it straight on the spot, before dinner, out of pure lust.

Oenotria1.jpg
Oenotria2.jpg
Oenotria3.jpg

So my wine should have been delivered Wednesday but it hasn’t due to flooding. I’m expecting I won’t see it till Tuesday, think it will be ok still?
65EC726C-A949-492D-8EA4-B584355AF88F.jpeg

As long as it isn’t sitting a truck being baked, a few days of exposure to higher than optimal temperatures shouldn’t affect the wine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom