Paymaster - Custom GOCC cash set (2 Viewers)

Awesome!

No denoms. I like 2 or 5 (but without reversing every other spot pattern on 2).

If I remove the denoms and did option 2 I would have him make the orientation the same on all the racing stripes. No reason to alternate it if the denoms are gone.

In theory I like denoms on the rolling edge, but in practice - even with all the precision possible - I still seem to notice off-center placement more than I'd like, so I vote for no denoms.

So if I do no denoms are you guys feeling #2 with all the racing stripes oriented the same? Because that's how I think I am leaning.

I have a really cool idea for the rolling edge on the DB as well. I'd rather show it than explain it though.

So if I do no denoms are you guys feeling #2 with all the racing stripes oriented the same? Because that's how I think I am leaning.

Sounds great.

I have a really cool idea for the rolling edge on the DB as well. I'd rather show it than explain it though.

perv.

Ok so I think the chips are done. Just figuring out the DB edge. Apparently my idea for it won't work. [emoji22]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1461091508.738164.jpg

This set is starting to annoy me, cuz I wish my dad had raced cars (well, officially) so I could've done these.

j/k. Great stuff, Tom!

Heh, i can be there in 15 minutes. Will post thoughts and pictures for you. (y) :thumbsup:

Heh, i can be there in 15 minutes. Will post thoughts and pictures for you. (y) :thumbsup:
I am so nervous. Prototyped both the fracs.

The teal base on the .25 is not on the chipco color wheel and J5 made it up by altering an existing color. Similarly we use off white several times including all the cars which J5 also had to improvise.

I did the .50 due to the intricate detail on the engine block.

Now is the moment of truth to see how GOCC did!

The teal base on the .25 is not on the chipco color wheel and J5 made it up by altering an existing color. Similarly we use off white several times including all the cars which J5 also had to improvise.

I absolutely love that teal base color, though. If you don't use it, somebody will :)

Ok the wife sent a pic. Not sharing it as I am not posting pron until the full set is here.

That being said,

Level of detail is awesome. Nothing is missing including all the intricacies of the engine and the Paymaster on the door.

Off white on the car is perfect.

The one thing that isn't like I wanted is the teal. It's a lot darker than in the mockups. This is a completely custom color so I'm not sure if we will just have to adjust. I asked John if we can take a percentage of the color to lighten it up but I'm not sure if that would work or not.

This set is just so amazing. Not only the execution but also because I am a Mopar guy. My family and I have always had Mopar musclecars. I Love the altered wheelbase early 60's Mopars. 413 Max Wedges and 426 Superstock III motors and acid dipped bodies with aluminum front ends. Doesn't get any better then that!

Are you open to letting people order a small heads up set instead of just a sample set?

r u serious, hemi dart guy? Dude won't even post pics of the prototypes..... :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

This set is just so amazing. Not only the execution but also because I am a Mopar guy. My family and I have always had Mopar musclecars. I Love the altered wheelbase early 60's Mopars. 413 Max Wedges and 426 Superstock III motors and acid dipped bodies with aluminum front ends. Doesn't get any better then that!

Are you open to letting people order a small heads up set instead of just a sample set?
I'm not sure. I might. Let me think about it...I know Bivey had mentioned it before as well. If I did I might ask for a little something more from anyone wanting more than a sample to help with the art fees and prototyping done on this. I've spent over a grand just on art.

I'm asking J5 his advice on the teal now. It is both darker and greener than what we mocked. I might prototype the chip again to try to get the color right. The good news is after seeing the .50 I am confident that everything else is going to be great. The teal is a non standard color so we might have to tweak on it a bit.

Wow...

"hey everyone, prototypes of my sweet arse chips are in. Shit looks fawesome but maybe one of the colors is a little off and needs some minor tweaking. No pics even though that's what drives you guys and this forum".

this belongs in the BULLSHIT thread. :D

Ok the wife sent a pic. Not sharing it as I am not posting pron until the full set is here.

That being said,

Level of detail is awesome. Nothing is missing including all the intricacies of the engine and the Paymaster on the door.

Off white on the car is perfect.

The one thing that isn't like I wanted is the teal. It's a lot darker than in the mockups. This is a completely custom color so I'm not sure if we will just have to adjust. I asked John if we can take a percentage of the color to lighten it up but I'm not sure if that would work or not.
Because of this part highlighted this post belongs in the "things that are bullshit" thread

That said I can't wait to see the pronage when this set is done. Should be epic, and I wouldn't expect anything less from "The Post"

Reactions: 72o
Wow...

"hey everyone, prototypes of my sweet arse chips are in. Shit looks fawesome but maybe one of the colors is a little off and needs some minor tweaking. No pics even though that's what drives you guys and this forum".

this belongs in the BULLSHIT thread. :D
Because of this part highlighted this post belongs in the "things that are bullshit" thread

That said I can't wait to see the pronage when this set is done. Should be epic, and I wouldn't expect anything less from "The Post"

You guys are testy!

[emoji1]

Reactions: 72o

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom