Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (56 Viewers)

So I opened the bottle last night and had about 3oz.

To me, it was not bitter or funky. I liked it. More than the Small Batch tbh, although I haven't had that one in a while. It is oakier for sure, to a good amount for me, not overly oaky. That give it a darker tone but also dampens the fruitier character of the Small Batch. As I said I like the Toasted Barrel more. The only thing that bugged me a little was that the finish was too short, pleasant but short. Can't remember if the Small Batch had this short of a finish. Don't have a regular bottle of it, only a store pick.

No surprise I find the Barrel Proof to be a lot better personaly.

Thank you. I'm guessing I'll have the same opinion. Especially if their at the same price point

I picked up a EC Toasted and loved the first 2 pours. Later that night after a dram of ECBP B519 and a dram of WR wheat, I went back to the toasted and picked up a super dry wood note mid palate. Next day on a fresh tongue it was back to delicious...weird.

20200916_184037.jpg

I picked up a EC Toasted and loved the first 2 pours. Later that night after a dram of ECBP B519 and a dram of WR wheat, I went back to the toasted and picked up a super dry wood note mid palate. Next day on a fresh tongue it was back to delicious...weird.
I swear half of the fun of bourbon is playing with your palate between sips. Even drinking water can have an effect. I've used RO water, dry roasted peanuts, dark chocolate, and peanut butter cookies recently during my bourbon sipping. I went a little too far with the cookies and the Chicken Cock the other night. The combination was delicious and went down as smooth as ice cold water.

Finally scored me a bottle while out of town for work today

sgBmGBU.jpg
That is so good! Mind you, the only time I've tried it was my first evening out with my wife since the COVID stuff hit. We were in the middle of a beautiful meal, and I was a little buzzed from my first drink on an empty stomach, but the Weller's tasted fantastic!

That is so good! Mind you, the only time I've tried it was my first evening out with my wife since the COVID stuff hit. We were in the middle of a beautiful meal, and I was a little buzzed from my first drink on an empty stomach, but the Weller's tasted fantastic!
I love it too. Just never can get it around here. My only chance is finding a bottle for a good price when I go out of town.

Found this 1.75l for $38. Limit of 1 unfortunately :meh:

Aware lol I just live in a smaller town with the worst selection ever
My selection for a small midwest city is pretty average. My local Sikh/Indian/Pakistani (not sure which) entrepreneurs built a cathedral of a gas station near me. Wood fired pizza oven, every beverage you could think of, beautiful place. Bought gas there many times. Well, they also built a small building next to it for a liquor store. It's been open a year and I had dismissed it in my brain for some reason and just never stopped in.

BIG MISTAKE.

Best bourbon selection in town. The real unicorns aren't in there, but some harder to find bourbons that I've never seen in town before are just sitting on the shelf, waiting for me to buy them. It's my new favorite store. I'm saving up for the Angel's Envy Rye. And they have more scotch than I've ever seen in one place at one time. Lots of big numbers on that shelf. 18s and 20s, and $$$$$. Glad I don't have a taste for scotch.

My selection for a small midwest city is pretty average. My local Sikh/Indian/Pakistani (not sure which) entrepreneurs built a cathedral of a gas station near me. Wood fired pizza oven, every beverage you could think of, beautiful place. Bought gas there many times. Well, they also built a small building next to it for a liquor store. It's been open a year and I had dismissed it in my brain for some reason and just never stopped in.

BIG MISTAKE.

Best bourbon selection in town. The real unicorns aren't in there, but some harder to find bourbons that I've never seen in town before are just sitting on the shelf, waiting for me to buy them. It's my new favorite store. I'm saving up for the Angel's Envy Rye. And they have more scotch than I've ever seen in one place at one time. Lots of big numbers on that shelf. 18s and 20s, and $$$$$. Glad I don't have a taste for scotch.
Nice. That’s awesome. I prefer scotch myself, but usually only buy bottles $100 or less. Sometimes I’ll grab one here and there for more, but I love a few bottles under $100 enough to not have the desire for anything more. Maybe I just haven’t tasted the goods yet. Ignorance is bliss

I had the EC Toasted side by side with the McKenna 10BIB and the former did not fair that well. The contrast showed a bit of a sour oak on the Toasted I hadn't noticed before. As you said, by itself, it's better.

I had the EC Toasted side by side with the McKenna 10BIB and the former did not fair that well. The contrast showed a bit of a sour oak on the Toasted I hadn't noticed before. As you said, by itself, it's better.

Maybe when I'm no longer banned we can share a drink together!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom