Help: whisk(e)y tasting at poker night (1 Viewer)

I have not and I didn’t get to it this evening.
it's the new hotness to finish barells in amburana. it's fun to share with whisky folks, they either love it or hate it with a firey passion. But I'd keep it away from noobs. not like a 'they won't appreciate it' thing, more a cautionary tale... they may never try whisky again.

View attachment 1294100
Only the post game photo this evening.
It’s been a while, but finally started back up after the holidays, and pulled in a new neighbor for the first time- who walked away a winner and will be back, despite not liking whiskey.

I ran an open bar, plus 2 pre-mixed drinks. Turns out the N/A beer was the winner with a few more DC drivers than usual. The above were left behind as gifts, with the Hatozaki the winner and the Atlas Silent Neighbor beer redistilled into whiskey a lovely option. A couple of folks took advantage of the open bar and tasted around, trying whiskeys they missed in earlier events. Dinner was catered Italian, which was delicious.

That Silent Neighbor sounds interesting. Where do you buy your bottles, if you don't mind me asking. VA ABC stores are kind of limiting. I know DC and Maryland have better options.

That Silent Neighbor sounds interesting. Where do you buy your bottles, if you don't mind me asking. VA ABC stores are kind of limiting. I know DC and Maryland have better options.
LOTS of places will ship to VA. I mostly am into scotch/irish so there are several european retailers I use for more hard to find stuff. But domestic/bourbon is relatively easy to come by without dealing with the VA ABC.

I usually grab from Montgomery County ABC. Their online inventory website has a horrible UX, but it’s a better selection than Virginia ABC with roughly equivalent prices. I’ve picked up a few from various DC stores with rarer inventory I’m deliberately searching for. The CostCo in DC gets a good selection, but sells out quickly these days.

All three of these were gifts, the Atlas and Barrel from a DC resident, the Hatozaki from a VA neighbor.

The Atlas Spirit of Silent Neighbor, can only be bought on site, and they only made 125 bottles. Btw, it turns out to be distilled from a pumpernickel stout, which explains a few things. They have another in the works, but not sure how long before it’s ready.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom