Official PCF Whisk(e)y Thread (69 Viewers)

Each horse is stamped with a letter. If you blow up my pic, you’ll see the S by its hoof. There are 8 different letters spelling out B-L-A-N-T-O-N-S. And the legs are in different positions representing each stride of the horse coming down the backstretch.

Ok, at first I just wanted a bunch of them. But NOW I have an actual reason to collect them. Not to mention it would make a bad ass card cap if the cork were sawed off (or game pieces). Cool!

Bourbon and Binions

tSdBvkr.jpg

I am working on a small project and I need 11 horses from the Blanton’s bottle. Doesn’t matter the letter, just need the horses. I know they sell them at the distillery but it will be awhile before I can make it there.

Anyone have any extra’s laying around from a dead bottle?

View attachment 527332
Nothing personal and no offense but I love this:
A8F74C63-E162-4E9D-96E6-E2455FB44B9A.jpeg

Ok, at first I just wanted a bunch of them. But NOW I have an actual reason to collect them. Not to mention it would make a bad ass card cap if the cork were sawed off (or game pieces). Cool!

If you get all the letters you can send them in to have them mounted on a stave and sent back to you to display. The marketing is brilliant and gets people obsessed with hunting all the letters.

il_794xN.2230964271_1n9o.jpg

I'd pay retail for a Pappy 15 or 20. I just want to try some. If I never get to, so be it, but in my income bracket I'll never pay secondary prices for any bourbon. I'm perfectly happy with Wild Turkey 101 and Rare Breed.
Maybe try trading samples with other members. Pappy is gonna be tough, but there's lots of other great bourbons out there. When you see a good bottle, buy it and offer to trade with others. Good luck.

Maybe try trading samples with other members. Pappy is gonna be tough, but there's lots of other great bourbons out there. When you see a good bottle, buy it and offer to trade with others. Good luck.
Yeah those don't show up around me. No Stagg, Blood Oath, EH Taylor, Mckenna, Weller, Fitzgerald, etc... Hell, I can't even find a not-Makers-Mark wheated bourbon to try. (I may have overlooked Larceny a time or two) I can buy $100 bourbons, but I just figure there's a reason Kentucky Owl and some of his friends are ALWAYS available. I've been pimping my local store and asking about behind the counter stuff. I got offered an Angels Envy Rye, so that was a start. Apparently August is when the seasonal bottlings start showing up so I'll just keep at it.

Yeah those don't show up around me. No Stagg, Blood Oath, EH Taylor, Mckenna, Weller, Fitzgerald, etc... Hell, I can't even find a not-Makers-Mark wheated bourbon to try. (I may have overlooked Larceny a time or two) I can buy $100 bourbons, but I just figure there's a reason Kentucky Owl and some of his friends are ALWAYS available. I've been pimping my local store and asking about behind the counter stuff. I got offered an Angels Envy Rye, so that was a start. Apparently August is when the seasonal bottlings start showing up so I'll just keep at it.
I can get Blood Oath Pact VI for 109, but haven't heard anything great about it. I have a Kentucky Owl Batch 3 and it's great if you dig rye.

I have had good luck with ryes after the neck pour, and as long as I am not eating peanuts. My palate is getting finicky as I age.

What’s the issue with neck pours? I’ve never heard that term until recently. Isn’t the liquid mixing up inside the bottle?

Some folks claim that the whiskey opens up after a little air gets to it. I actually think the first sip straight from the neck immediately after popping the cork is the best sip there is!

My last two ryes, I hated the first pours. And this was before I had even heard the concept of neck pours. I went back and tried them again, delicious. Can’t explain it.

Oxidation can certainly change a whiskey, for the better usually to a point, but it can also cause a whiskey to fade.

What’s the issue with neck pours? I’ve never heard that term until recently. Isn’t the liquid mixing up inside the bottle?
Yes but there’s so little air in the neck that it doesn’t have much effect. When you get to the half way point of the bottle there is a lot more air in the bottle to interact with the remaining liquid.

Are whiskies bottled in nitrogenous atmospheres? Does anybody know? If they are, then they are oxygen-free until they are opened (like potato chips), at which point the "oxidation" and "oxygenation" of the liquor begins.

Last edited:
I don’t get the pricing on the MM cask strength. It is MM regular, just a little higher proof, for double the cost? Hey MM, I can do math!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom