NHL PCF 2022 Playoffs Bracket Challenge (1 Viewer)

What you prefer to wager for this year's NHL Playoff Bracket?

• $20

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Poker chips ($20 value max)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Attachments

• tumblr_nrt120wzfZ1uxh8ndo1_500.gif
    tumblr_nrt120wzfZ1uxh8ndo1_500.gif
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Round 1 done and dusted!

In a complete turn-around from last year, when I seemed to pick wrong in every series, I somehow managed to pick all the round 1 winners!

Looking forward to some great round 2 match-ups. Battle of Alberta is going to be a war.

Screenshot 2022-05-16 at 07.41.47.png

Round 1 done and dusted!

In a complete turn-around from last year, when I seemed to pick wrong in every series, I somehow managed to pick all the round 1 winners!

Looking forward to some great round 2 match-ups. Battle of Alberta is going to be a war.

View attachment 912194
I swear I actually follow hockey.

While we're all here, can we all agree that the helmet rule is stupid and cost the penguins that game?

While we're all here, can we all agree that the helmet rule is stupid and cost the penguins that game?
No. He could have put his helmet back on and not taken himself out of the play completely. Also, that Guentzel goal was a high stick.

No chance. It's not the Rangers' fault that Pettersson and the rest of the team and coaching staff didn't know the rule.

Don't get me started with the calls that went against the Rangers this series.

At the end of the day, the series was pretty much dead even and an overtime in game 7 was fitting. Every single game in the series was a toss up except for game 2 that the Rangers convincingly won and game 4 that Pittsburgh convincingly won.

No chance. It's not the Rangers' fault that Pettersson and the rest of the team and coaching staff didn't know the rule.

Don't get me started with the calls that went against the Rangers this series.

At the end of the day, the series was pretty much dead even and an overtime in game 7 was fitting. Every single game in the series was a toss up except for game 2 that the Rangers convincingly won and game 4 that Pittsburgh convincingly won.
Great series, no doubt. There were a ton of them in the first round this year.

Actually, I learned something today too. I thought that if the helmet came off, they had to leave no matter what, I stand corrected.

Great series, no doubt. There were a ton of them in the first round this year.

Actually, I learned something today too. I thought that if the helmet came off, they had to leave no matter what, I stand corrected.
I honestly didn't know either, I thought the same

View attachment 912194
@cpac54 superuser account confirmed.

Good luck in round 2 everyone! This playoffs has been fantastic hockey so far.

Battle of Alberta tonight - first time in over 30 years!

Hoping the reverse jinx of picking the Flames to win in my bracket results in an Oilers victory in real life! Let's Goooo!

Battle of Alberta tonight - first time in over 30 years!

Hoping the reverse jinx of picking the Flames to win in my bracket results in an Oilers victory in real life! Let's Goooo!
Well, reverse jinx sure didn't work for game 1.

9-6 Flames. Barf.

Oilers looking like a pee-wee team on defence tonight.

Well, it wrecks my bracket for the next round, but the reverse jinx of picking Calgary to win vs. Edmonton worked!

Hopefully the Avs can close out their series - an Avs vs. Oilers WCF would be epic!

Go Oilers!

aaaaand, now I am officially a donor for this year.

NHL need to amend their bylaws to require the Battle of Alberta every year. Easily the most entertaining 5 game series I have ever watched in any sport. Just incredible.

I am pulling for Edmonton from here on out. Not so much that I like the team, but it would be cool to say we watched maybe the best postseason run by a player ever. McDavid is playing on another level right now. No doubt he is the best in the world.

Too bad Binnington got knocked out for St. Louis, Colorado looked very beatable with the way he had been playing.

My bracket in the West is shot now, but the Edmonton Oilers are still alive - looking forward to the Western Conference Final, it's going to be a great series!

Go Oilers Go and good luck to all of you who still have a shot at the bracket Championship!

Pretty sure I'm too far back to catch @Jonesey07 so I'm a dedicated donor as well.

It's been awesome hockey so far though so no complaints. I just hope the Oilers keep delivering great games and can manage to drag the cup up here for us.

Play La Bamba Baby!

Calling all NHL hockey fans!

View attachment 902494

The Stanley Cup Playoffs are right around the corner, and they're shaping up to be a doozie this year.

The Eastern Conference is looking like it will be a slaughterhouse - there'll some elite teams hitting the golf course early this year!

Can Tampa Bay complete the 3-peat and establish themselves as the first dynasty in years?

Do Sid and Ovi have it in them to drag their teams to another Stanley Cup?

Can Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton slay their demons and finally make it out of the first round?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indicate your interest below and I'll send out an invite to a PCF bracket as soon as the playoff match-ups are set!

WAGER: In the meantime, add your voice to the poll above re: what we should wager. In the past there's been cash wagering and last year the winner received chips.

If we get enough people (>10), we can do a payout for 1st and 2nd place (my suggestion would be 2nd place breaks even i.e. doesn't have to either pay or send any chips, just to keep things simple. If we do cash, simplest would be that each person just PayPals the winner after the Champion is crowned.

With that said, bring on the Playoffs and... Go Oilers Go!

View attachment 902495
One of the more exciting NHL Playoffs in recent memory comes to an end.

Congratulations to @AK Chip! In the end, it wasn't particularly close at all - well done!

Screenshot 2022-06-27 at 10.23.46.png

Thanks to everyone who took part this year! Please send over @AKChip his well-deserved $20 at your convenience!

See you all next year!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom