New public hybrid mold from Tina 39mm (3 Viewers)

New public Hybrid mold

• Web

Votes: 103 66.5%
  • Palm trees

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Star

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • X

Votes: 24 15.5%
  • Cards Mold

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
Awesome! I know there are two to three other interested parties as well so you might make number 4 or 5!
Outstanding! I am assuming you have the tools and skills to be able to send the final design files to Justin when it’s time. Is that correct? Seems like you’re just waiting on samples so you can make the final version but I’m asking just in case we’ll need to engage anyone else to get the final files ready.

I’m 99% positive I’ll be making an order for these exact chips as long as the web mold samples are as good as everyone expects. I have some samples of Tina’s chips from Apache (Empire & Penthouse) and think they’re incredible for the money. They compare to CPC rounders replica samples very well. I’m making a video and post on that in the next week.

Yup! I can make the illustrator design file as needed for the labels. I just need some clarification on colors and spots for $.05, $.25, and $1000 but @SeanGecko has mentioned Tina is easy to work with on that apparently.

Yup! I can make the illustrator design file as needed for the labels. I just need some clarification on colors and spots for $.05, $.25, and $1000 but @SeanGecko has mentioned Tina is easy to work with on that apparently.
Amazing. I really dig that you kept 6 spots on the 1k & 5k as a continued progression. I much prefer that to the way CPC went back to 4 on their 1k & 5k after the 6 spots on the 500. Also prefer your pink 5k chip to their brown.

Do you think it’s feasible to have everything ready for the next order in mid-March?

Amazing. I really dig that you kept 6 spots on the 1k & 5k as a continued progression. I much prefer that to the way CPC went back to 4 on their 1k & 5k after the 6 spots on the 500. Also prefer your pink 5k chip to their brown.

Do you think it’s feasible to have everything ready for the next order in mid-March?
Thanks! Yeah I'm not sure why they went back to the 4 spot, didn't make sense to me.

And yup, the goal is to get in the next group buy mid March.

Thanks! Yeah I'm not sure why they went back to the 4 spot, didn't make sense to me.

And yup, the goal is to get in the next group buy mid March.
Perfect. I am in for sure. This is my first group buy so please let me know if you need anything from me. I will post in the group buy thread per instructions soon.

Thanks again for your help and design work!

1000033693.gif

Any chance I can get my hands on some of these before I purchase a 1000?

Happy to send the samples back to you also (or on to someone else) after I check them out.

Any chance I can get my hands on some of these before I purchase a 1000?

Happy to send the samples back to you also (or on to someone else) after I check them out.
I would need to have them on hand to send them out.
Currently they are still with Tina in China.

I would need to have them on hand to send them out.
Currently they are still with Tina in China.
Would be interested in how they hold up to shuffling. Have some Greeks and idk if its the inlay or something but definitely spinners after two days of shuffling during work...

YES! Tina sent me one of those pictures last night and I beamed so hard :love:

The chip colors of all of the chips I've seen so far are BEAUTIFUL. I also feel that they've gotten better at aligning edge spots to the rolling edge. That with the fact that the material seems sharper than cards mold, and the inlays print so clearly.... I must say I'm very excited that these will be a big hit. (Is it too early to start designing another set??)

Why not? Color has always been a Tina strong point going all the way back to the first cards mold group buys.
Unfortunately I had a bad experience with color on my first buy with Tina.... on no-mold. My humble opinion is that she has gotten better and more consistent with submitted colors printing close to the original color.

Unfortunately I had a bad experience with color on my first buy with Tina.... on no-mold. My humble opinion is that she has gotten better and more consistent with submitted colors printing close to the original color.
That may be so in your case, but it's the exception, not the rule. I've handled tens of thousands of Tina chips going back to late 2020, and the colors have always popped!

Regarding colors, I believe Tina prints whatever you give her. I don’t think more recent colors looking better is because she is getting better at it… I think we (all of PCF) have adapted and have been better at designing mixes of CMYK that she is able to print.
I definitely have a few “duds” regarding color choices that came out really crappy, and I won’t use that mix again. Conversely, I also have a bunch of printed samples with known CMYK values that I keep repeating because I know they will print consistently well.

Last edited:
Why not? Color has always been a Tina strong point going all the way back to the first cards mold group buys.
"strong point" has not been my experience. Like you said, maybe my 2 separate orders previous to the newer molds (NGK, scrown, web) are the exception (see below).
That may be so in your case, but it's the exception, not the rule. I've handled tens of thousands of Tina chips going back to late 2020, and the colors have always popped!
I agree with this. Colors poppin everywhere. Color saturation has been very good for every chip and sample I've received (see below).
Regarding colors, I believe Tina prints whatever you give her. I don’t think more recent colors looking better is because she is getting better at it… I think we (all of PCF) have adapted and have been better at designing mixes of CMYK that she is able to print.
I definitely have a few “duds” regarding color choices that came out really crappy, and I won’t use that mix again. Conversely, I also have a bunch of printed samples with known CMYK values that I keep repeating because I know they will print consistently well.
This I am sure is (or was) not a true statement. I spent the better part of 24 hours going back and forth with Tina about certain colors that I had submitted that they entirely refused to print. She sent me alternative color options based on other chips they had made. I was shocked that I not only couldn't get them to agree to print the chip color as submitted, but that they also wouldn't provide a PMS, CMYK, RGB, or any color chart that they would agree to print from. This was during my first large order.

Now, hopefully your statement is true at this point in time. For my current order I submitted my colors (not based on any current Tina, CPC, GPI chip colors for the most part), and she came back with what I think is a great color representation of what I submitted. The colors match much more closely to what I submitted this time.

So... that's where my thought that Tina colors are "improving" comes from. Once again, I am but a small fish in a big sea. I've ordered and received about 4000 Tina chips up to this point, so it's definitely a smaller sample size.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom