Michael Patton Holdem Poker Chips Estate Purchase (1 Viewer)

Watching these threads with interest. Are you going to sell one particular set at a time or start listing others throughout the process?

2/23/19
Mardi Gras V2 a and b with plaques. As soon as I can figure out good breakdowns for sets I'll make these available. Thanks!
View attachment 251796View attachment 251798View attachment 251799View attachment 251800View attachment 251801View attachment 251802
2/24
I'm looking to have these listed in the next 7 days. I'm trying to utilize all the denominations into sets of 400 or 500 cash and tourney sets. Price will be right around 1.19 a chip.

Likely in for a 500 cash set - dibs!

Sad to learn of Michael passing away. Was this covered in another thread, as some of you seem to already know?

I bought my first set from him in 2006, Samurais, after searching and reading so many sites (even before joining CT iirc), and bought many other sets afterwards. I still have somewhere the promotional chipco that he used to send as well (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

Sad to learn of Michael passing away. Was this covered in another thread, as some of you seem to already know?

I bought my first set from him in 2006, Samurais, after searching and reading so many sites (even before joining CT iirc), and bought many other sets afterwards. I still have somewhere the promotional chipco that he used to send as well (Christmas, Halloween, Easter, etc.)

Others may know more but the first I heard @Tommy passed the news along in a thread regarding the HPC website being down for quite some time. Then this ad came up on craigslist...

I had thought about adding a few more Mardi Gra chips to my Riverboat v1 set. But never pulled the trigger. :( Still thinking about it. But I don't need a set just a very small number of chips. Even better would be v1 Riverboat chips! Glad to see HPC chips will be made available. Michael was really good at sending me chips. ;)

I'm waiting for those Donkey KGB to be released! :D
and seeing if there's anything interesting with the ceramics.

Little height difference. Nothing I cant deal with. Especially at this price

Thanks @Potsie1

Do you have any quantity of the Holdem Poker Chips promo chips? I know there are a lot of different ones and I'm wondering if one could pick a few different chips and make a small playable set. I have 6 different versions of them and I'm guessing there are a number more.

Do you have any quantity of the Holdem Poker Chips promo chips? I know there are a lot of different ones and I'm wondering if one could pick a few different chips and make a small playable set. I have 6 different versions of them and I'm guessing there are a number more.
Yes. I think I have extra of his promo Mardi gras and Christmas. I'm keeping a decent amount to include with each purchase just like Michael did before. Which specific chips are you referring to as he had many promo chips.

Are the Mardi Gras ones the ones with the black mask on them? I have that chip in white, black and purple (? not sure what the last color is--I'm somewhat colorblind.) I think those could be a non-denom set since they look different enough.

I also have Halloween, Valentines and Easter chips.

Really sorry to hear about Michael. He seemed like a straight shooter.

I would be interested in a couple racks of T-mold blanks, sherbert green, if they exist.

So happy that everything stayed in the family. Congrats @Potsie1 for the successful purchase.
@abby99
I've been trying to research old threads to nail down artwork permissions and I came across a thread where Michael borrowed an Egyptian plaque from you to use for GOCC comparisons. I found it and I'd like to return it to you along with a complete GOCC prototype sample of chips plaque and octagon. Also found this lone octagon I'll include.
20190330_133104.jpg

@k9dr
These plaques had sentimental value for you in the thread below. It looks like you had the 2007 and I'd be happy to ship you the 2006 and 2008. You said jamby(not sure if that's jambine) tied you and I'd be happy to ship the 2007 to them. The last 2008 is for anyone who can link their participation in the CT thread. Very easy to find.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/memories-of-older-stuff-collecting-dust-these-days.9023/

View attachment 269187

Thanks for the offer, but I have no special attachment to these other than it was a fun contest at the time :)

@abby99
I've been trying to research old threads to nail down artwork permissions and I came across a thread where Michael borrowed an Egyptian plaque from you to use for GOCC comparisons. I found it and I'd like to return it to you along with a complete GOCC prototype sample of chips plaque and octagon. Also found this lone octagon I'll include.
View attachment 269165

Yes, please. PM forthcoming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom