Michael Patton Holdem Poker Chips Estate Purchase (2 Viewers)

Congrats on the pickup, this is quite the collection! Looking forward to reading Michael's story at some point.

Congrats! It’s great to see these chips remain in the community! Like many others have said, I hope that you can share Michael’s story with us someday. I made several purchases with him over the years, and he was always great to deal with.

Watching with interest! Interested in the TRK Oasis if there’s a couple sets worth.
Hope you have plans to get the stamping running again!

Wow! Was sorry to hear about Michael’s passing but I’m glad the chips are staying within the community. Great pick up.

Have always lusted after the Riverboat quarter pies. Have any blank TRK yellow solids in there maybe? :):):)

Also might be interested in some Protégés if you happen to have any extras that you might not need.

What do the TRK Oasis look like? Anyone has a pic?
This was the only picture I took:

I feel weird asking this but... anyone have any idea what happens to the Chipco Egyptian artwork copyright that he held rights to?
Mr. Cagles contract with holdem poker chips was rights to have made and resell but not rights to the images. Those are still owned by the original owner. Best bet there is an introduction between Greg cagle and Gene @ABC Gifts and Awards and hope they can work something out. I

I can reach out to him and see whether or not this would even be a viable option...
How much interest do you think this would garner?

I would think a ton. If he could deal directly with ABC and cut out the middle man. It's good for everybody. Remember gocc was ready to print without permission. He should go straight to gene. If you have contact.

I had planned to pick up a Mardi Gras v2 cash set as a 2018 Christmas present for myself, but HPC was "closed for inventory."
... Then found mention of the same in a thread here and heard the news....

Last time I spoke with Michael was in March, when I (finally) picked up my little MGv2 tourney set...
Along with the aforementioned chips came a note:

The "Extras" included a setup of Kem Arrows, 4 cut cards, 5 Mardi Gras $5k plaques and about 10 or so extra MG chips too!!!!

In my experience Michael ALWAYS went above and beyond for a fellow chipper!!
Rest in peace Michael and thanks for all you have done for our great community!! You will be missed!

I had planned to pick up a Mardi Gras v2 cash set as a 2018 Christmas present for myself, but HPC was "closed for inventory."
... Then found mention of the same in a thread here and heard the news....

Last time I spoke with Michael was in March, when I (finally) picked up my little MGv2 tourney set...
Along with the aforementioned chips came a note:
View attachment 251866
The "Extras" included a setup of Kem Arrows, 4 cut cards, 5 Mardi Gras $5k plaques and about 10 or so extra MG chips too!!!!
View attachment 251867
View attachment 251868
View attachment 251869
In my experience Michael ALWAYS went above and beyond for a fellow chipper!!
Rest in peace Michael and thanks for all you have done for our great community!! You will be missed!
Great store and awesome chips. Now I want a little MGV2 tourney set

Great pickup. I know you said you were keeping the martini club set for yourself but if there are any $25 chips you can spare, please let me know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom