Michael Patton Holdem Poker Chips Estate Purchase (2 Viewers)

Potsie1

Full House
Site Vendor
Supporter
Reaction score
With a tip from a good friend and some very lucky timing I was able to purchase the poker chip business(including art work), Holdem Poker Chips from the estate of Michael Patton. I have been trying desperately to get through to the family without luck so that I could accompany this introduction with a story of Michael Patton's life. Unfortunately that hasnt materialized. Michael wasn't married, had no children and was survived by his mother and 4 siblings. I'm hopeful that at a later date I will be able to bring everyone his life story which is an important part of the history of our chipping community. Waiting for this information is why I've waited so long to let everyone know.

With regards to the chips I plan on doing my best to keep them in sets. I want to apologize in advance that it will be a slow process for me to list the larger sets and quantities of chips as I work very long hours. Couple that with the fact that I'm already trying to horde sets that I want to keep. I had to get my wife involved on this purchase and she thinks these were all bought for resale. Ha ha yah right....

I will post pictures of some of the sets as I have time though you can find many of them in Michaels own thread here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/memories-of-older-stuff-collecting-dust-these-days.9023/

Here are chip sets that I plan on listing over the next few months:
Mardi gras V2 a(not listed) and b (listed).
Oasis club trk
Key west (listed)
Nevada jacks tourney listed cash not listed
Speakeasy (not listed)
High roller(listed)
Matsui cic (listed)
Donkey kgb (not listed)

Some sets that I'm currently locking away. Pictures don't do them justice, especially Samurai Palace and Riverboat:
Martini Club
Riverboat
Protege
Samurai Palace

In this thread you are free to ask questions, post pictures or share any stories you have of Michael Patton and Holdem Poker Chips. I'll do my best to answer.

Thank you,
Potsie

Last edited:
Updated 4/27/2019
I was never able to reach the family. I continued to search for information and wanted to share what I found. I'm adding the photo and information to this post with links to both obituaries. Michael brought so many incredible chips to the community. In the future I hope to share the stories of each of the sets he created so both old and new chippers can step back in time to experience the "beginning" from one of our original members. I would encourage everyone who knew him to leave a message for his family. Thank you.

https://www.ungerfuneralchapel.com/obituary/michael-patton

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/michael-patton-obituary?pid=190203337

SSJ045519-1_20180912.jpg

Michael S. Patton

Silverton - Michael S. Patton, 59, passed away unexpectedly on September 7, 2018.

Michael was born in Eugene to William B. Patton and Marjorie Patton-Wilson. He lived the majority of his life in Salem and more recently in Silverton.

Michael was an avid sports fanatic and business man with a great mind for statistics. His greatest passion was his Siberian Huskies. He built his kennel, Silver Falls Siberians, on the principles of improving the breed and helping people discover their wonderful traits. Michael will be remembered for his generosity, his love for his family and fierce loyalty to those he called friend.

Michael is preceded in death by his father, William B. Patton. He is survived by his mother, Marjorie A. Patton-Wilson, his brothers, Bill, Jim, Steve, sister, Amy Payton; and a loving group of nieces, nephews and in-laws.

Services will be at 1pm, Saturday, Sept. 15th at Unger Funeral Chapel, 229 Mill St., Silverton, OR 97381. Reception to follow.

We will carry our love for Michael with us always.

Published in StatesmanJournal on Sept. 13, 2018

Last edited:
I couldn't tell which recent purchase you popped up as a "vendor" for. I figured it was this one.

Besides chips, how much of the extra stuff was there? He had silver and gold card guards, books, dvds, all sorts of stuff.

@inca911 per the link

Not listed in the OP hmmmm...
Most sets that weren't bcc he had long gotten rid of.

Nice work! Any Samurai Palace dealer buttons?
Plenty. Dont overbid the sample set for the dealer button. Overbid only if you want a sample set. There wont be a second one.
I couldn't tell which recent purchase you popped up as a "vendor" for. I figured it was this one.

Besides chips, how much of the extra stuff was there? He had silver and gold card guards, books, dvds, all sorts of stuff.
Lots of extras but it will take time to make available. I apologize.

If there were any Dk. Green T-mold solids please let me know. They can be hot stamped or blanks. Need 175-200 but would take even a small lot.

Could also use T-mold solids in:
170 - Canary Yellow
44 - Horizon Blue
13 - Lavender
90 - Arc Yellow
40 - Purple

Again, any small quantities would help.

Last edited:
Congrats man! Hope to hear more of Michael's story. Good luck with future sales :)

With a tip from a good friend and some very lucky timing I was able to purchase the poker chip business(including art work), Holdem Poker Chips from the estate of Michael Patton. I have been trying desperately to get through to the family without luck so that I could accompany this introduction with a story of Michael Patton's life. Unfortunately that hasnt materialized. Michael wasn't married, had no children or siblings and was survived only by his elderly mother. I'm hopeful that at a later date I will be able to bring everyone his life story which is an important part of the history of our chipping community. Waiting for this information is why I've waited so long to let everyone know.

With regards to the chips I plan on doing my best to keep them in sets. I want to apologize in advance that it will be a slow process for me to list the larger sets and quantities of chips as I work very long hours. Couple that with the fact that I'm already trying to horde sets that I want to keep. I had to get my wife involved on this purchase and she thinks these were all bought for resale. Ha ha yah right....

I will post pictures of some of the sets as I have time though you can find many of them in Michaels own thread here:
https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/memories-of-older-stuff-collecting-dust-these-days.9023/

Here are chip sets that I plan on listing over the next few months:
Mardi gras V2 a and b.
Oasis club trk
Key west
Nevada jacks.
Speakeasy
High roller
Matsui cic

Some sets that I'm currently locking away. Pictures don't do them justice, especially Samurai Palace and Riverboat:
Martini Club
Riverboat
Protege
Samurai Palace

In this thread you are free to ask questions, post pictures or share any stories you have of Michael Patton and Holdem Poker Chips. I'll do my best to answer.

Thank you,
Potsie
Wow. Amazing.

Glad you got to pick these up @Potsie1 and keep them together and in the community. Hopefully you can get Michaels story out there for everyone as well.

Didn’t see these among the listed & he might have not had any left in the inventory but if there are any of the Chipco Vineyard NCV’s I’d be interested (especially the orange & white). At one time he still had some listed but I’m not sure how much he was updating the website the last few years.

Interested in expanding my Mardi Gras set.
Depending on price, all of the $2’s, 200 $1’s and 500 $5’s as well.

Congratulations. The one set I was hoping to get in on, you are keeping. Looks like we have to get to the wife to work this out.... :sneaky:

Looking forward to seeing what becomes available.

Congrats man! Helluva score. And good luck digging for Michael’s story.

I feel weird asking this but... anyone have any idea what happens to the Chipco Egyptian artwork copyright that he held rights to?
Mr. Cagles contract with holdem poker chips was rights to have made and resell but not rights to the images. Those are still owned by the original owner. Best bet there is an introduction between Greg cagle and Gene @ABC Gifts and Awards and hope they can work something out. I

If there were any Dk. Green T-mold solids please let me know. They can be hot stamped or blanks. Need 175-200 but would take even a small lot.

Could also use T-mold solids in:
170 - Canary Yellow
44 - Horizon Blue
13 - Lavender
90 - Arc Yellow
40 - Purple

Again, any small quantities would help.
I've been watching threads and those of you who have been actively posting for months to find very specific items I want to help to be sure. Unfortunately there are only chocolate and cherry for solids. I picked up his hot stamp machine and some pretty epic dies I'd love to use so at some point I'd like to get some more tmold blanks myself.

I could use 50 x 5 mardi gras. 50 of the 200 that i have are of a smaller diameter than the rest.

View attachment 251604
I'll see what I can do. You are one of the people I know were looking for very specific things. Also note that I'm using the term looking as meaning "previously posted." See above. :tup:

True story. I’ll need those extras when i eventually convince Bill to sell these to me :LOL: :laugh:
The v2s will likely be the first large scale post. There are around 12,000. They likely will be posted in sets with extras available to set puchasers. The difficulty will be figuring out what to do with the racks of 10s.........

Also have to figure out a price. It will be lower than the 1.59 previously offered for sure. I just dont know what yet.

I've been watching threads and those of you who have been actively posting for months to find very specific items I want to help to be sure. Unfortunately there are only chocolate and cherry for solids. I picked up his hot stamp machine and some pretty epic dies I'd love to use so at some point I'd like to get some more tmold blanks myself.

I figured, based on the inventory last posted on the HPC site. I was hoping he had held out some for himself. Oh well, the search continues.

I think I have 500+ of the Royal Red and 300+ of Charcoal blanks I won't be using.

Great acquisition! Hope you sell enough to make the wife happy and keep enough to make you happy!

I figured, based on the inventory last posted on the HPC site. I was hoping he had held out some for himself. Oh well, the search continues.

I think I have 500+ of the Royal Red and 300+ of Charcoal blanks I won't be using.

Great acquisition! Hope you sell enough to make the wife happy and keep enough to make you happy!
There are about 500 green but they're hot stamped and part of a large tourney set.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom