Windy City Blowout 10 - Wednesday July 17 - Saturday July 20

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
WCB X

Windy City Blowout 10 is on! See the commemorative chips below…2006, 2007, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016, 2017, 2018 (and 2019 to be revealed)!

The Lock Up List is in post #2

What and When:
  • 1:20 Cubs baseball game and Chicago sightseeing, and warmup poker game Wednesday, July 17 evening ... then
  • Nonstop poker Thursday, July 18 through Saturday, July 20, 2019
Where: "The Everleigh Club", Barrington, IL. Barrington is approximately 20 miles northwest of O'Hare airport. Attendance is limited to the first 40 people.

Hotel Recommendations:
Please PM me for my specific address, but your best bet is to search for hotels based on the ZIP Code 60010. America's Best Value Inn is not recommended.

The Schedule:

Wednesday, July 17. - I need to know if people want to go to the baseball game by May 15. I will get tickets and prices by then. If no one wants to go to the game, then we will play poker that evening.
Take the commuter train downtown and the "L" from downtown to Wrigley Field. Have a beer or two and watch the Cubs vs. Cincinnati Reds 1:20 at Wrigley Field
Stop at the Sears Tower Observation Deck on the trip back to Barrington. A view of the Windy City and the surrounding region from over 100 stories up.
Get back and play poker until 1 am.

Thursday, July 18th
Times: 3 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Poker: Cash games as agreed by players; .25/50 with a $100 max buy-in.
Dinner: Delivery TBA

Friday, July 19th
Times: Noon to 3 a.m. or so.
Poker: Cash games as agreed by players; .25/50 with a $100 max buy-in.
Lunch: Delivery as needed (whenever breakfast wears off).
Dinner: Lou Malnati's deep dish Chicago Pizza

Saturday, July 20th
Times: 10 a.m. to whenever you decide to leave on Sunday. Someone is always walking out the door in daylight Sunday. Be that person!

Poker: Cash games as agreed by players; .25/50 with a $100 max buy-in. 1:00 start buy-ins 2:00 pm - The Tom Barnard Memorial Tournament will play. $60 Buy-in + $10 Bounty + 10 Food ($80 Total). Optional $60 secondary pool for a total of $140. Strong leaning toward the idea of making the tournament a NLHE/Gods Game (5 Card Omaha 8) double game tourney.
Lunch: Jimmy Johns
Dinner: Portillos Italian Beef

Poker Cash Games: Dealers choice from Abby99s game cards ($100 max buy-in) will run at all times except no cash game will be played during the tournament. Mixed games will run subject to player interest, with stakes of .25/.50 NL/PL games (max buy-in $100) and either 1/2 or 2/4 limit games. Subject to interest, The Big Game (max $200 buy-in) can be spread as long as the players want.

Beverages: Assorted bottled beers. Bottled Water and various soft drinks provided. Beers and Booze will miraculously be flowing.
Snacks: Assorted snacks and freshly popped popcorn. Hot dog roller, nacho cheese dispenser and all kinds of good stuff.

Costs: Expect to be like last year...Beverage and snacks are voluntary donations only (kick in $5 a day and you'll be my pal) . Jimmy John lunches are delivered and ordered off the menu and those that want to order will pay for their own. Dinners (Portillos and Lou Malnati's) will be split by people eating, but in no case will be more than $10 per person.

Now a little history...

WCB1: Custom BCC Set with infamous funky grand not-round inlays. Used in Main Event. I have the Matsui plaques somewhere. Held at Rob Brandy's house.

WCB2 - Very cool hot stamped T-mold BCCs with great colors...used in main event. Jamby and I designed and owned this set originally. Held at Rob Brandy's house.

WCB 3: The first year at The Everleigh Club.

WCB - No mold experiment. I like the no-mold ASMs!

WCB 5 - Lost opportunity...I don't believe I did a commemorative.

WCB 6 - Started the tradition of a commemorative chip for my Everleigh set.

WCB 7 - More $1s. Now 2000 in the set primary/secondary.

WCB 8 - $5s!

WCB 9: Frickin' Fracs!

Last edited:

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
There's plenty of time left, but I need to know about the game by mid May to buy tickets. Spots to locals not on PCF will open up early June.

Lock up list:

1. @Jeff
  2. @moose
  3. @ChaosRock
  4. @abby99
  5. @Payback
  6. @detroitdad
  7. @woog30 (Thurs, Fri, Sat)
  8. @DonkeyKing (tentative tbd)
  9. @Beakertwang (Game, Wed. Thurs.)
  10. @k9dr. (Game, Wed. Thurs Fri Sat.)
  11. @Uzi
  12. @inca911 (Game + Wed. Thurs. Fri. Sat.)
  13. @Dan2330 (Thursday, Friday, Saturday)
  14. @BukNaked36 (Friday 7pm, Saturday)
  15. @Trihonda (Th, F, S)
  16. @Stackem4me (tbd)
  17. @SeekTheGrail (Th, F, S)
  18. @spikeman4444 (Th, F, S)
  19. @HCNantzMV54 (50% Th...F, S)
  20. @Schmendr1ck (TBD)
  21. @Bulldog (Fri, Sat)

22. Updated through post 48

Last edited:

Payback

Full House
Reaction score
I think we are flying up on Wednesday so count me in for Thursday-Saturday. Also if casa de Jeff has a free room again I'd be appreciative.

DonkeyKing

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hi Jeff,
Is there a list for tentative players? Currently in between jobs so I can't commit on anything this year. Hopefully I can find something that don't requires out of state travel.

Gilbert

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
I can’t do the whole weekend, but tentatively, I’d love to do the Cubs game and poker Wednesday and Thursday, if that would be possible.

Beakertwang

Full House
Tourney Director
Reaction score
Also, @Jeff, I don’t know if you’re aware, but they recently changed the name to Willis Tower. ;)

Last edited:

Jeff

Full House
Reaction score
Anyone attending want a lucite bird cage? I'm selling 2 of them for cheap - $10 each. But I don't want to bother mailing them if I sell them on PCF.
I have two in good shape.

Trihonda

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
In for all the things Thu, Fri, Sat...

C’mon, I RSVP’d for this event last year. Just put me down right away as coming, lol

Oh, in for housing if someone works something out (cough).

Top Bottom