• This site contains affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase after clicking a link, Poker Chip Forum may receive a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for your support!

Not Mine Silverton Estate Sale (Oregon) (1 Viewer)

Lemonzest

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
I was late to the party but this looks amazing. Did anyone get some or all of these chips? I texted and they said everything sold last weekend.

https://salem.craigslist.org/gms/d/silverton-silverton-estate-sale-by-nest/6808837311.html

This was Michael Patton's estate sale. (See https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/holdempokerchips-closed-for-inventory.35324/post-696908).

My wife and I drove down to the sale on Saturday. The estate management folks miscommunicated/mishandled my bid and as a result the lot went to someone else, for supposedly somewhere in the neighborhood of $13K. I was prepared to go higher than that, but . . . reasons . . .

Included were the following brand-new, mint chips (counts pretty close):

BCC Mardi Gras: 13000
BCC Samurai: 4500
BCC Riverboat: 1000
BCC T-Mold Tourney + solids/etc: 2800
BCC Martini Club: 1600
BCC Modern Clay HHR: 2000
BCC Nevada Jacks: 950
BCC Protege: 2000
BCC Speakeasy: 1000
BCC High Roller: 600
TRK Oasis: 600
ASM Nevada Jacks: 1750
Key West: 1500
KGB HHR: 500
Matsui CIC: 900

As well as a few thousand ceramic chips, a ton of plaques, 350 unopened KEM setups, 14 BCC web molds (molds, not chips), I think a couple of ceramic Pharaoh molds, and a hot stamping machine and accessories. Etc., etc.

Only took one picture, the only TRKs in the lot:

I can't imagine buying that NOT for resale. The list of people who knew about it and had the $$ and wanted to buy-to-resell has got to be very small, and this forum probably knows all of them. Just a guess on my part.

Well whoever got them I’ve been interested in a Mardi Gras set for some time. I’ve had the order page on my phone ready to go but never pulled the trigger. They became more desirable after playing with @abby99 lady luck bcc set at the MinneMania meet up.

This was Michael Patton's estate sale. (See https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/holdempokerchips-closed-for-inventory.35324/post-696908).

My wife and I drove down to the sale on Saturday. The estate management folks miscommunicated/mishandled my bid and as a result the lot went to someone else, for supposedly somewhere in the neighborhood of $13K. I was prepared to go higher than that, but . . . reasons . . .

As well as a few thousand ceramic chips, a ton of plaques, 350 unopened KEM setups, 14 BCC web molds (molds, not chips), I think a couple of ceramic Pharaoh molds, and a hot stamping machine and accessories. Etc., etc.

View attachment 244354
Sad for the loss of Michael and bummed you weren’t able to acquire those, Lee, hopefully somebody in the community aquired them somehow...

Wow, hopefully these chips make it back in to the community.

So who was Michael Patton? (Yes, I googled first).

Vendor, collector, gentleman. He commissioned a number of (now) old-school designs through BCC (Samurai, Mario Gras, others) and Chipco. His site was called holdempokerchips. He was one of the OG members of the blue wall when it started in 2005.

Owner of the Holdem Poker Chips site and reseller of Mardi Gras, Speakeasy, Martini Club, and other BCC chips. I believe he owned the T mold (or st least the rights to it) as well.

Vendor, collector, gentleman. He commissioned a number of (now) old-school designs through BCC (Samurai, Mario Gras, others) and Chipco. His site was called holdempokerchips. He was one of the OG members of the blue wall when it started in 2005.

Wow. Thanks for providing that background. It was obviously a chip collector from the inventory there but I had no idea.

View attachment 244354

Any idoea who got Them?

That CL ad said they were selling the business and chip making equipment. Any chance someone bought these to reopen the website eventually?

Would Patton have had more than a hot stamper?
It was my impression that he did not have anything but a hot stamper as far as "chip making equipment.) His wares were all products of other manufacturers Chipco, BCC, Paulson.) RIP. Loved Michael's offerings and his willingness to get high quality chips to the public.

There was this, I don't know what it is:

Also there were molds:

I don't know about the others but from my understanding the web molds (a) can't be used with CPC's equipment and (b) GPI owns the rights anyway.

Sad news indeed. I had my cart loaded several times for some Mardi Gras and Tmold blanks.

It would have been interesting had Jim@thechiproom acquired the lot. (Or any other vendor)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom