How I got a free poker table (2 Viewers)

DNV

Sitting Out
Reaction score
The other day I posted a thread titled “Difficulty of a diy poker table”. I got way more replies than I anticipated and was beyond excited to start. The only thing I wasn’t stoked on was the cost. I knew I was going to have to wait because I’m not in the position to do a full blown build right now as in space, materials, etc.

Let’s rewind even further. About 3 weeks to a month ago there was a family that was moving out of their house in my grandmas neighborhood. Rather than have a garage sale or donate , he put everything he didn’t want by the curb. Let me tell you, there was some good stuff. With that being said, I grabbed my grandpas truck and loaded up as much as I could. I even did multiple trips. There was so much stuff worth of value he was just throwing away. I even asked him while he was in the middle of putting more stuff by the curb why he was doing it. His response was “I just don’t want to move it”. Fair enough. My family participates in the city wide garage sales every spring and fall so it was a no brainer. After about 4-5 trips I was finally done. I hauled so many kids books you wouldn’t even believe it. A lot of the stuff I kept because it was useful. For example, 5 cushioned folding chairs for my poker games!

Fast forward to this past weekend, we had the sale. I put all the books in the sale and they were all marked .25 to $1. Just off those books alone, I made $88.

Now, i’ve been searching marketplace RELIGIOUSLY for the past couple of months for a poker table. On friday, I finally found one. This thing was custom built with a speed cloth, cup holders, and a padded rail. The only “thing” was that here was a couple of places where the padding on the rail had been torn from storage. Very minor issue, I’ll redo it if I need to. Guess how much this man wanted for the table. He wanted $80.

When I went to pick it up I was absolutely shocked at the quality. This was a hand crafted table just like the diy plans. Obviously I bought it, and I used the money from the free books I sold.

That is essentially how I got a “free” poker table! Honestly I give all credit to God. I asked, and i definitely received.

Now all I need is quality poker chips ;)

Thank you all for the helpful tips and replies on my last thread, it’s greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1651.png
    IMG_1651.png
    301 KB · Views: 193
Thanks for sharing, fun stuff, get it in play!

Reactions: DNV

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom