Ketogenic Way of eating... (11 Viewers)

I'd give these got a solid "meh". Good and crunchy but tasted like burnt cheese. I have a pack of the parmesan kind as well, hopefully those are better.
The Cheddar are sorta meh, Parmesan is better, but their Asiago & Pepper Jack whisps are the bomb. I'd pass on the BBQ and Tomato Basil versions too, but your taste buds may vary. But if you like spicy, the A&PJs are killer.

The Cheddar are sorta meh, Parmesan is better, but their Asiago & Pepper Jack whisps are the bomb. I'd pass on the BBQ and Tomato Basil versions too, but your taste buds may vary. But if you like spicy, the A&PJs are killer.

Asiago & Pepper Jack is more in my wheelhouse, I'll have to order a few. My local food store only carries the cheddar and parm.

I always check this thread but never actually posted. Great to see you all doing such good things and getting healthy. It's inspiring.

I started a lifestyle change about 1.5 months ago. Been over 300 pounds almost all of my adult life, but knew I had to do something when I crept over 400 recently. Once I started logging everything I ate, I went from 5000+ calories a day down to 1200 max. Did that for a few weeks to get my body used to surviving on less. Then switched over to low carb. I'm not calling it keto because I'm nowhere near as strict as you guys, but I seldom go over 20 net carbs per day (that's my goal). But honestly, I don't really focus on carbs, just eat what my body needs that day. The focus is on removing the power that food has over my life - breaking the addiction.

45 days in and I'm down 40 pounds. Feel much better, about to incorporate more exercise. I am in control what I eat now. I don't focus on ketosis, so if I have a cheat meal (not cheat day) during special occasions that require "normal" eating, I can see the scale go up the next day and not get frustrated.

For my 40 pound weight loss, my wife and I planned a Mexican restaurant meal (I know, food rewards typically not a good idea). Though I had planned to go all out, I actually wanted to make better decisions. 3 tacos on flour shells turned into a grilled chicken entrée. I wolfed down a small basket of chips and queso, and was happy doing it (1500 calories and 76 carbs for the day), but the scale only increased 0.2 pounds today, so I feel good about that. I don't consider it sustainable if you can't occasionally indulge in something you enjoy.

Long road to go, but I'm in a much better spot mentally. I'm committed and excited to see the progress I will continue to make.

Keep up the inspiring posts. Thanks!
Just wanted to provide a quick update that I switched over to an 800-1000 calorie, 10 net carb daily lifestyle. Never hungry, probably don't eat enough real meals, but just trying to get weight off. 70 pounds in 90 days - starting to add more exercise. Feeling great, but long way to go. The biggest thing is that I broke my addiction to food.

Keep up the tips and posts. It is appreciated.

Just wanted to provide a quick update that I switched over to an 800-1000 calorie, 10 net carb daily lifestyle. Never hungry, probably don't eat enough real meals, but just trying to get weight off. 70 pounds in 90 days - starting to add more exercise. Feeling great, but long way to go. The biggest thing is that I broke my addiction to food.

Keep up the tips and posts. It is appreciated.

That's insane weight loss! Becareful with calories that low for too long! Congrats on the progress

That's insane weight loss! Becareful with calories that low for too long! Congrats on the progress
Thanks man. I definitely feel it if I over-exert myself, so I'm learning how to be careful. I do eat a little more during active days.

Though my last check-up was several years ago, I'm setting up a doc appointment so I can be under medical supervision as I move forward.

Much appreciated!

Had a long cheat weekend at the Chateau de Noix meetup - sushi, hash browns, cinnamon rolls, lasagna, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn muffins, French bread, apple pie bars and multiple awesome PNW IPA’s - and was only up 3 lbs - totally worth it :D

Had a long cheat weekend at the Chateau de Noix meetup - sushi, hash browns, cinnamon rolls, lasagna, hamburgers, hotdogs, corn muffins, French bread, apple pie bars and multiple awesome PNW IPA’s - and was only up 3 lbs - totally worth it :D
You’ll have that off by the end of the week.

Rao's is really good, it's just expensive (as with most other Keto products). Had chicken parm this weekend with a bit a Rao's, good stuff.

Even my wife loves raos. Damn good sauce diet or not.

Rebel cookie and cream was meh. Not bad. Not incredible. Would eat it again if I wasn't in a Carmel, strawberry or mint chocolate mood.

Shrimp and sausage with grits (cheesy cauliflower stuff)

20191010_181351.jpg

Salted Caramel is awesome. Not impressed with the Strawberry at all, probably my least liked of all the flavors. Top favs are Cherry Chip, Triple Chocolate, Mint Chip, and Salted Caramel.

Also have discovered the insane diverse world of chaffles....omg.

Salted caramel definitely awesome :tup:

Martha's vineyard omelette. Peppers, chilies, artichoke hearts, and avocado with salsa on top... Amazing!

View attachment 357396

@detroitdad, downtown Ann Arbor, near the courthouse, Broken Egg restaurant on Main. I've never had a bad meal there.
Looks tasty! Doesn’t seem like ur on a diet eating like that

Anyone found a cure for keto breath?

Altoids. It's not that much sugar.

EDIT: I realized after the fact that I was commenting on a 10 month old post.

I eat/live mostly primal (paleo plus dairy and some other stuff)....with the exception of the 12 pieces of candy I steal from the kid's stash a day. I cant wait to get rid of that shit from the house. This year is the first time I have been "ideal weight" by government standards since my military days long ago.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom