Ketogenic Way of eating... (2 Viewers)

I am not practicing low carb dieting this weekend.

20191110_144752.jpg

Tried carnivore for 4 days this week. Hardest diet ever. Thinking about doing it for a week again soon in the hopes it resets my metabolism a little even though it's miserable

I am not practicing low carb dieting this weekend.

20191110_144752-jpg.364732

I know @detroitdad, and I know he doesn't really have a sweet tooth, so this may not be an issue for him (plus, he's not doing keto anyway). That said, I think sweets, even in small amounts, are not a good idea for keto diets. If you stick to the program, eventually, that craving for sweets goes away (and sweets become 'way too sweet' for your palate). But if you consistently cheat with sweets, you never lose the taste for sweets.

There are benefits to 'cheat meals' or 'cheat days,' but chocolate cannolis should not be on the cheat list, generally speaking.

JMHO.

I know @detroitdad, and I know he doesn't really have a sweet tooth, so this may not be an issue for him (plus, he's not doing keto anyway). That said, I think sweets, even in small amounts, are not a good idea for keto diets. If you stick to the program, eventually, that craving for sweets goes away (and sweets become 'way too sweet' for your palate). But if you consistently cheat with sweets, you never lose the taste for sweets.

There are benefits to 'cheat meals' or 'cheat days,' but chocolate cannolis should not be on the cheat list, generally speaking.

JMHO.

Well.........Your wrong lol.

@detroitdad @MegaTon44 how much are you guys down now?

I am stagnant with my weight loss right now. Right around 17 pounds. I keep floating between 195 and 199. The last month or so I have had several cheat days/weekends while I focus on Memories over Macro's :) I'm happy at 197. I would like to hit 190 just to say I did it. I'm pretty sure I haven't weighed less than 190 since the 80's.

Thanks for asking

Over all my diverticulitis is doing great. I definitely put it to the test this weekend. The next couple of days should be a crazy roller coaster ride lol

I weighed in at 197.2 this morning. Apparently the weekend drinking/cheat days didn't affect me too much

You guys are doing great. I fell off of the wagon and will try again on January 1... I am still about 10 pounds down for the year.

I gained ~ 5 lbs during the Thanksgiving holiday but that weight is already off again - weighed in at 165 this morning - down 27 lbs since @detroitdad meet-up :tup:

I am about where I want to be weight-wise and have started adding in selective carbs ( IPA's) :whistle: :whistling: plus occasional pizza and burgers and have been able to stay below 167.

I gained ~ 5 lbs during the Thanksgiving holiday but that weight is already off again - weighed in at 165 this morning - down 27 lbs since @detroitdad meet-up :tup:

I am about where I want to be weight-wise and have started adding in selective carbs ( IPA's) :whistle: :whistling: plus occasional pizza and burgers and have been able to stay below 167.
Great job Mark. You’ve got your metabolism in that place where you can pretty much eat the way you like 25-30 percent of the time and maintain your desired range.
To me it’s the ultimate goal of starting this diet to begin with.
I lost 30lbs 9 years ago and have kept my weight in a 8lbs range of 142-150 since.
Congratulations on your success, it’s mentally and physically a great feeling.

A year ago when I began this weightloss journey weighed in at a friends house on a medical type scale at 260 lbs. Well last night at the same house same scale weighed 218. Have felt very good at around 215 where I've been maintaining around the last 4-5 months. Started working out more a month ago, trying to add more muscle and strength. Still glad to read everyone's own stories, tips and ofcourse favorite foods/recipes. Keep up the good work! Low carb is the way!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom