Ketogenic Way of eating... (3 Viewers)

SAT night when I got 4 buy ins deep in my cash game within 90 minutes I took a quick break, poured a bourbon, and grabbed some cheddar cheese potato chips (small handful). WOW.........was that the best thing that I have eaten in months lol Potato chips are my weakness, my vice so to speak when it comes to food. I love them. I only had a small handful vs the entire bag.

I forgot to get on the scale SUN morning. This morning I broke the 200 pound barrier. I don't remember the last time I was under 200. I weighed in at 199.4.

New goal is 190.

Sometimes a reboot to your metabolism does help, obviously potato chips aren't the best option but it clearly works in rare occasions and moderation. Congratulations!

FRI night is date night. I think I will have a small "cheat" meal. Maybe some pasta, mmmmmmmm

I've said that a few times. Then when we get out I stay within what I should be eating lol.

Just out of curiosity, what do you estimate your fat macro percentage to be over a standard week?

Is anyone hitting the 70%+ range consistently?

Just out of curiosity, what do you estimate your fat macro percentage to be over a standard week?

Is anyone hitting the 70%+ range consistently?

No idea. I don't monitor it.

I focus on low, healthy carbs. Keeping my calorie intake under 2k (which is easy eating low carb). I try to limit my red meat to a few times a week. I have almost removed processed foods from my diet. The occasional cheese slice rolled up with some lunch meat is a really good, easy snack for me.

Processed food is the key. Once you lose the weight and get off keto, sticking to whole foods is basically all you need to do. it's kinda hard to eat enough calories from whole foods to gain much weight.

Last edited:
SAT night when I got 4 buy ins deep in my cash game within 90 minutes I took a quick break, poured a bourbon, and grabbed some cheddar cheese potato chips (small handful). WOW.........was that the best thing that I have eaten in months lol Potato chips are my weakness, my vice so to speak when it comes to food. I love them. I only had a small handful vs the entire bag.

I forgot to get on the scale SUN morning. This morning I broke the 200 pound barrier. I don't remember the last time I was under 200. I weighed in at 199.4.

New goal is 190.
Congratulations! Seeing real concrete progress like that is the big payoff! Keeping it going

I hit 200 this morning. That is a first in over 20 years. Mel I had stalled at 202 for 2 weeks. Apparently I lost two pounds over the last couple of days. As @saleen121212 says. Shit can be weird sometimes lol.

I'll be really excited when the scale hits 199. I think its been since the mid 90's that I was below 200.

I had a good day on SAT. I worked 10 hours of OT, then cleared 300+ at @Marc Hedrick poker game. My parents are leaving next weekend to head back to Arizona. I asked them where they wanted to go. Mom said Texas Roadhouse. Solid place for a low carb diet. Out of their dozen sides offered the only two that were low carb'ish were mixed carrots and broccoli (Carrots aren't low carb, and I don't like them) and side salads. I ended up getting a 20 ounce New York Strip and two side salads lol. It was awesome. I ate half the steak. Saved the rest for work the next days. Damn, did the rolls and baked potato look good. No thank you. I'm on a mission.

Oh, first time I've been tempted in awhile. Marc ordered pizza on SAT. night. Holy shit did it smell good. I contemplated having just one piece. That would turn into two pieces, or a a whole pizza. Instead I grabbed my bag of almonds and snacked on those :(

Anyways. Thanks for the support here. This thread has been helpful.
You go brother! Good for you!

Mel,

two days ago I was 200.2 (lowest in 20 years). Yesterday I was 203.2. Today I'm 200.00 lol. Bodies can be all fucked up sometimes. Either way, I'm ecstatic with the results.

I do need to find some other snacks. I'm getting tired of fucking almonds.
If you drank a bourbon the night before, the alcohol can make you hold some water weight. Just a thought.

Cheddar bay chaffles, organic turkey, bacon, pepper jack, guac, and jalapeno mayo. Trying to fit 800 calories in a sandwich is hard, but I got close.

1568647341121.png
1568647348617.png

Apparently Aldi has a zero net carb bread for 2.99 that's caused an internet sensation similar to popeyes chicken sandwich. Everyone claims it tastes just like bread. Anyone try it? Wonder if it's actually keto or would it kick you out of ketosis.

L'Oven Fresh -- zero net carbs, keto friendly, hard to find. 14 oz for $2.99

Try eBay.

Going to Aldi's tomorrow. Don't expect to find it in stock.

We hit our favorite place last night for dinner. Sidetracks. Best burgers in town. I thought too myself. Order a big ole fat burger on the bun. My god they are so good. I text @Lil Tuna and he screams at me not to do it. I ended up getting the Cheeseburger salad. Basically its a burger patty on top of a salad.

Afterwards, I felt better because of it.

Thanks Bud

We hit our favorite place last night for dinner. Sidetracks. Best burgers in town. I thought too myself. Order a big ole fat burger on the bun. My god they are so good. I text @Lil Tuna and he screams at me not to do it. I ended up getting the Cheeseburger salad. Basically its a burger patty on top of a salad.

Afterwards, I felt better because of it.

Thanks Bud
Your welcome my friend. The steak at Old Homestead is WELL worth the sacrifice now.
Although the burgers at Sidetrack are flat out awesome, almost couldn’t blame you for caving had you done so.
Will Power my friend. :tup: Keep up the great work.

Those look disgusting. I'm lucky I never got caught up in potato chip frenzy.

I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE potato chips. I think after beer and thai noodles, it's top on my want list.
But I'm with Dave on that one. Those look disgusting, LOL.

Picked up two new Rebel flavors today -- Triple Chocolate and Cherry Chip. Haven't tried the CC yet, but the Triple Chocolate is MUCH better than their standard chocolate.

Picked up two new Rebel flavors today -- Triple Chocolate and Cherry Chip. Haven't tried the CC yet, but the Triple Chocolate is MUCH better than their standard chocolate.

Where did you find those? The 3 publix near me still have all the old flavors only

I freakin' LOVE LOVE LOVE potato chips. I think after beer and thai noodles, it's top on my want list.
But I'm with Dave on that one. Those look disgusting, LOL.
With you there Mel. Chips and some French onion dip. :tup: Delicious!
I’ll bet those things @WedgeRock made would go good with some Hellofadip!

Baked zucchini chips. Slice thin toss in salt and olive oil, bake.

Thank you for the snack. I had forgotten my almonds at the last game.

I'm kind of stuck at 199/200 range. I did have a couple of small cheats last weekend that I'm sure is delaying the weight loss. Plus I have only been hitting the treadmill a few times a week. Schedule is crazy busy right now.

As long as I can maintain this weight until it kicks back into gear I'm fine with that. I'm feeling tremendously better!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom