Ketogenic Way of eating... (2 Viewers)

20190906_083541.jpg

A second chaffle, 32 oz of water and 100mg of Allupurinol.

I've never been one for sauces and dressings... I used to live melted butter on french toast, but other than that...just dry. It has tons of flavor with the cheese and basil.

So lucky. I'm a sauce addict. Sauce is life, food is just the vessel for the sauces

Anyone here tried the quest pizzas yet? Apparently only target by me has them. I got 3 flavors and half expected it to be terrible.

I was truly shocked by how good it was, scared to see if it screws me up weight loss wise, but to me it tasted just like a normal frozen pizza.

Disclaimer - if you are hard core these aren't for you as they have 60 total carbs but only around 15 net carbs per pizza and 5 net per serving. I'll only use then once in a while as a treat.

20190907_164733.jpg

So, what is the second-best flavor of Rebel? I'm ordering 2 cases delivered, since I can't find it locally anywhere.
I case should be cookie dough, it sounds like. Should the second case also be cookie dough? Or is there a next best that is also superb?
I'm going to have to share a couple pints with local buddies, so maybe 2 cases of the same thing would be OK.

So, what is the second-best flavor of Rebel? I'm ordering 2 cases delivered, since I can't find it locally anywhere.
I case should be cookie dough, it sounds like. Should the second case also be cookie dough? Or is there a next best that is also superb?
I'm going to have to share a couple pints with local buddies, so maybe 2 cases of the same thing would be OK.

Mint chocolate is 100 percent the best and I like plain chocolate as second best.

Cookie dough is great but they use almond flour for the "cookie dough" so it's kinda dry and tastes like almond flour, which if fine if you like almonds.

I went with chocolate and mint chocolate because they were both 4g. IIRC, the cookie dough was 6g.

Someone above suggested leaving it out to warm up a bit before eating. Dumb, right?

Wrong. 10x better. It tastes richer and creamier when you let the ice cream soften a little bit.

I went with chocolate and mint chocolate because they were both 4g. IIRC, the cookie dough was 6g.

Someone above suggested leaving it out to warm up a bit before eating. Dumb, right?

Wrong. 10x better. It tastes richer and creamier when you let the ice cream soften a little bit.

Yupp. Leaving it out isn't optional.

Oh shoot. It was Mint chocolate that everyone raves about, wasn't it, not cookie dough.
OK, I'm so glad I asked!!

Really looking forward to this!

Mint chip is a must. I like vanilla and cookie dough as backups.

It specifically tells you on the outside of the pint to let it sit for 15 minutes. Which seems like eternity if you’re looking forward to eating it lol

Another vote here for both chocolate and mint chip flavors. And the difference it makes is amazing when letting it warm up a bit.

Van ya eat Watermelon on KETO ???

I started this 7 Days ago. So far so good.

Stalls are kinda rough to get through.

Look at your diet and see if something you are eating is causing them. I've learned 2 things during this journey, our bodies are amazing and weird. Your body adjusts your metabolism to slow down if you aren't eating enough and constant adjustments and tweeks are necessary for constant weight loss. Gotta track, gotta experiment and gotta tweak stuff.

Another note - body weight fluctuates a lot randomly for no reason. You might still be losing fat which is the goal but the scale shows the same, all of a sudden the scale catches up and you may be down 3 pounds. You could be gaining muscle. You could be bloated and holding water. Don't trust the scale every day and try to get a bigger weekly picture of progress. Sometimes clothes fit me looser but the scale wasn't moving, it happens.

Hang in there!

I hit 200 this morning. That is a first in over 20 years. Mel I had stalled at 202 for 2 weeks. Apparently I lost two pounds over the last couple of days. As @saleen121212 says. Shit can be weird sometimes lol.

I'll be really excited when the scale hits 199. I think its been since the mid 90's that I was below 200.

I had a good day on SAT. I worked 10 hours of OT, then cleared 300+ at @Marc Hedrick poker game. My parents are leaving next weekend to head back to Arizona. I asked them where they wanted to go. Mom said Texas Roadhouse. Solid place for a low carb diet. Out of their dozen sides offered the only two that were low carb'ish were mixed carrots and broccoli (Carrots aren't low carb, and I don't like them) and side salads. I ended up getting a 20 ounce New York Strip and two side salads lol. It was awesome. I ate half the steak. Saved the rest for work the next days. Damn, did the rolls and baked potato look good. No thank you. I'm on a mission.

Oh, first time I've been tempted in awhile. Marc ordered pizza on SAT. night. Holy shit did it smell good. I contemplated having just one piece. That would turn into two pieces, or a a whole pizza. Instead I grabbed my bag of almonds and snacked on those :(

Anyways. Thanks for the support here. This thread has been helpful.

Way to go, Bill !! Feels pretty damn good seeing scale numbers that one hasn't seen in decades. :tup:

I occasionally have pizza -- well, pizza toppings, anyways. I'll order a loaded meat lovers with extra cheese and light sauce, scrape the slices onto a plate, pitch the crust, and chow down with a fork. Works for me.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom