I know I should just leave now, but... (1 Viewer)

QuackShack

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Greetings,

I've been browsing this site for years and finally decided to make an account.

A little about me: I play very infrequent cash games with friends, but I'm the only one with chips and cards, so I keep looking at chip sets. Chips are pretty. Chips are nice. I only have one set at the moment which is the Majestics, but I do enjoy them. I have multiple things stacked against me, but I'm going to keep hope alive that I'll someday be able to acquire some of the beautiful sets I've seen on here, or at the very least, get a few racks of them.

Stacked against me:
1.) I live in Alaska, so no CONUS for me and almost zero chance of finding any chips local with craigslist/facebook.
2.) I've become obsessed with two sets (BCC Riverboat v2s and Classic WTHC)

I realize that I will be lucky to even in my lifetime acquire a single barrel of any Riverboats, but the dream is alive, the obsession will soon set in and I'll spend time every day browsing the classifieds and finding a new set to go after.

My name is Mike and I just wanted to introduce myself before I dive into this chip hobby and become a mutated/crazed version of myself. Nice to meet you all.

Welcome!

Impeccable taste, sir. Riverboats V2 are indeed amazing. Unobtainium unfortunately. You’ll prob have better luck with the WTHC

I don't understand this CONUS mail limitation. USPS Priority boxes go to Alaska, Hawaii, overseas military bases without additional cost, or at least that's what other PCFers have told me.
I had to pay additional cost on a USPS priority package to Alaska last year, but it was minimal. I don't remember the exact amount, but it was less than $2 more on a medium flat rate box. Even given that small rate increase I don't understand the CONUS only limitations.

Edit: This is the only time I have ever been charged extra. I have shipped numerous USPS priority packages to Alaska and Hawaii without any additional charges.

:unsure: Hmm, one will think overseas chippers are in an even worse position but that's not stopping a lot of them from collecting.

Technology and human advancement have made shipment deliveries very easy and convenient nowadays.

Also, welcome to PCF too.

Hello and welcome to the forum! It doesn't take very long for the mutations to kick in!

Greetings,

I've been browsing this site for years and finally decided to make an account.

A little about me: I play very infrequent cash games with friends, but I'm the only one with chips and cards, so I keep looking at chip sets. Chips are pretty. Chips are nice. I only have one set at the moment which is the Majestics, but I do enjoy them. I have multiple things stacked against me, but I'm going to keep hope alive that I'll someday be able to acquire some of the beautiful sets I've seen on here, or at the very least, get a few racks of them.

Stacked against me:
1.) I live in Alaska, so no CONUS for me and almost zero chance of finding any chips local with craigslist/facebook.

I realize that I will be lucky to even in my lifetime acquire a single barrel of any Riverboats, but the dream is alive, the obsession will soon set in and I'll spend time every day browsing the classifieds and finding a new set to go after.

My name is Mike and I just wanted to introduce myself before I dive into this chip hobby and become a mutated/crazed version of myself. Nice to meet you all.

Hi Mike,

When people say CONUS here, I ask if they ship to Hawaii for the same rate and they usually say yes. I think the shipping rates are very similar if not the same. Don't be afraid of asking.

Welcome to the forum!

Hi Mike,

When people say CONUS here, I ask if they ship to Hawaii for the same rate and they usually say yes. I think the shipping rates are very similar if not the same. Don't be afraid of asking.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely ask and see if they're willing :)

Welcome!

Impeccable taste, sir. Riverboats V2 are indeed amazing. Unobtainium unfortunately. You’ll prob have better luck with the WTHC
Haha, yeah I have no doubt. Unobtainium indeed :)

Thanks for the welcomes and answers to the CONUS restrictions, guys. This forum seems full of great people and I can't wait to be a part of it :)

Me and other fellow german chippers are using reshippers quite frequently. Some have found a friendly member here willing to accept and forward their stuff, others like me use commercial reshippers for their packages. Worked like a charm for me so far :)

Welcome to the Jungle, Mike!

I don't understand this CONUS mail limitation. USPS Priority boxes go to Alaska, Hawaii, overseas military bases without additional cost, or at least that's what other PCFers have told me.

I don't get it either. Even shipping overseas. Yes, it's expensive. But as long as the buyer is willing to pay, AND is willing to accept the risk of damage, or even total loss of the package... (yes, it would suck - but we are not businesses, we are collectors and traders) then sellers should ship overseas. It's not difficult, I've done it a number of times. It's no harder than shipping within the US. Especially when some here won't even ship to Canada! Makes no sense to me.

I don't understand this CONUS mail limitation.
Curious as well.

CONUS4EVAH
You seem to never miss a chance to post that. Maybe it’s just for comic relief. But if not, why is it? laziness? Ignorance? Spitefulness? Jackassfulness?

I have yet to see someone from outside the US being so hell bent on not sending anything outside of their region. Granted a lot of the good stuff originate in the US but there’s plenty of things being shipped over there as well.

Maybe the idea is to exclude overseas like embassies or military sites? I guess shipping to some island navy thing somewhere in the pacific will be rather costly. Although i would figur that the delivery to military sites will be supported/rebated by USPS for patriotic reasons...

Get Out Help GIF by A Black Lady Sketch Show

Greetings,
Welcome

Stacked against me:
This is no big deal at all that you live in Alaska. I have shipped many times to AK for the exact same price as anywhere else in the US using USPS flat rate boxes

[/QUOTE]
Any BCC's will be tough, but WTHC are certainly obtainable and it won't be long and you'll find another nice set that you like to go after.

I live in New Zealand so I feel your pain OP!

However, many of the sellers on here are very helpful and willing to ship overseas (at your own cost of course). Don't give up, just keep searching the forum everyday :)

Welcome, QuackShack. As a former Barrow, AK resident I fully understand the shipping issues. I always loved when a vendor would tell me that they don't ship to foreign countries, so I would always respond with "Oh, you are not in the United States?, My bad!"

Good luck finding your dream sets and welcome to PCF.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom