Has anyone made a CPC chip with a retro red base and red spot? How did it look? (1 Viewer)

JMC9389

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Per the OP.

Trying to decide if the color combo is workable or if the red spot looks too washed out or blended into the retro red base.

Some photos in taking my sample set out. I really can't decide if it'll work out or not.

20230330_215746.jpg
20230330_215641.jpg
20230330_220022.jpg

can it work with a mandarin base?
Mandarin red looks a bit off relative to a light green base and DG peach base in the set where the two chips will be likely to be on the felt together. It's a bit too close to an orange-ish red if that makes sense.

I looked through the chip database and it seems like this would be a novel attempt.

View attachment 1110189

Retro red base, dayglo pink and maroon.

As close as I have in my collection.
The retro red base/maroon and DG pink combo has been done a few times and it looks great! That said, the maroon spot is just a tad too dark relative to what I'm looking to do. The maroon spot and the retro green spot I think in my lineup would clash just a bit too much.

The retro red base/maroon and DG pink combo has been done a few times and it looks great! That said, the maroon spot is just a tad too dark relative to what I'm looking to do. The maroon spot and the retro green spot I think in my lineup would clash just a bit too much.

I’d like to see it. When I glance at your mock-up, I didn’t even notice the red spot until I looked closer. That said, the colors on mock ups are usually off from the real thing.

I’d like to see it. When I glance at your mock-up, I didn’t even notice the red spot until I looked closer. That said, the colors on mock ups are usually off from the real thing.
Exactly, hence this thread. It looks like it'll be just fine on the mockup, but was hoping to see a real life example or two.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. I love monochrome and semi monochrome, but loosely speaking I think it works so much better two shades apart.

Your mocked up chip would look fantastic if you swapped in maroon in my opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom