[Gathering Interest] Cigar Box Pass (4 Viewers)

I agree. I was hooked on big 6 x 60's but now I'm more comfortable in the 46 - 50 range. The wrapper is the star anyway so why not get a better percentage of it in the stick.

That's what I have been preaching.

Any chance I can still get in on this? And uhhh... anyone willing to vouch?
Not opposed at all to tacking others on to the end.

Is there anyone you know both on and off forum who can vouch for you? Or have you participated on other cigar forums?

For those that don’t know. That LGC is a Medaille D’or No.4. It’s a Netherlands exclusive I bought a box of back in 2019 and they are my favorite CC. Smooth, sweet, some slight hay.

La Nox speaks for itself. I think this is one of the the best LFD, second only to the bull.

La Palina is a small bit old brand originally from Chicago that has a few sticks I really like. The Mr Sam (named after the founder, IIRC) has always treated me well.

Y’all see that the sticks definitely vary in price/style a bit. Hopefully there’s something in there for everyone + it’ll evolve a lot with what everyone else puts in. I will say a couple sticks that you can find closer to $10/$11 sneaked in but there’s also at least one stick that MSRPs around $30 so it’s a mix.
LFD Andalusian Bull is my favorite LFD. Have you tried Chapter IIs? That is my second favorite. La Nox is top shelf also.

I had never heard of that La Palina. I didn't realize they had some high end sticks. I've had various sticks from them and thought they were mid-tier.

LFD Andalusian Bull is my favorite LFD. Have you tried Chapter IIs? That is my second favorite. La Nox is top shelf also.

I had never heard of that La Palina. I didn't realize they had some high end sticks. I've had various sticks from them and thought they were mid-tier.
I wouldn’t call the best stick I put in and it probably should cost a buck or two less but they have been consistently enjoyable and hit a more mild profile than a lot of the rest I seeded this with. A solidly pleasant blend of coffee, cedar, and simple tobacco pepper.

Have you tried Chapter IIs?
No I have not! For a long time LFD was too full bodied for me and by the time I moved to the heavier end of things I had left it in the read view mirror and have only come back to it solidly in the last 8-12 months.

So no Digger speed contests in your future?
No lol. No digger for me, let alone at speed. And certainly not their triple ligero sticks either. Sure it gives you a ton of nicotine but not a lot of nuance…

I’ve had one Arturo Fuente Hemingway Masterpiece Maduro which is similarly proportioned and it was fun but a lot of cigar for one go

I smoke Diggers on the way to my annual Outer Banks fishing, poker, drinking and cigar trip coming up in October. Perfect stick for my 3 hour trip. Instead of 4 nights, we are staying 7 this year for the same price as 4. I will need to take a day or two off from drinking. Probably won't happen, but I'll try.

I haven't done the calculations yet, but I know how many cigars and bourbon I need for 4 nights. For 7 nights it's going to be ugly.

Some pics from previous trips of the 4 nighters so basically double it for the 7 nighter.

1691724438146.png

1691724491640.png

1691724546002.png

1691724518590.png

We bring a chef with us.

1691724634046.png

1691724707227.png

1691724722369.png

I added the La Aroma de Cuba, Arturo Fuente, and the other one I can't remember the name of. I've never had it but the guy at my local B&M said it was one of his favorites. I wanted to pick something that hopefully was original and I was in such a rush to get out and get home to pack for DiD I spaced out on getting my receipt that has all the info on it!

The first two should be pretty self explanatory. LAdC is one of my all time favorites and I've never had a bad AF!

I added the La Aroma de Cuba, Arturo Fuente, and the other one I can't remember the name of. I've never had it but the guy at my local B&M said it was one of his favorites. I wanted to pick something that hopefully was original and I was in such a rush to get out and get home to pack for DiD I spaced out on getting my receipt that has all the info on it!

The first two should be pretty self explanatory. LAdC is one of my all time favorites and I've never had a bad AF!
Figured it out! It’s a Cavalier Genève USA Regional Exclusive. I don’t remember any mention of someone who has had one but you’re meant to smoke through the edible gold foil on it!

We keep upgrading houses each year. Besides enough beds, next on the list is smoking area (rain or shine). This year's house has 1700 sq ft of deck, mostly covered and a big wrap-around screened in porch where the poker tables will be. I cut out VRBO and knocked off $100 per person. One week's stay is $350 a person.

1691765689488.png

1691765703668.png

1691765727376.png

1691765752152.png

1691765808664.png

We keep upgrading houses each year. Besides enough beds, next on the list is smoking area (rain or shine). This year's house has 1700 sq ft of deck, mostly covered and a big wrap-around screened in porch where the poker tables will be. I cut out VRBO and knocked off $100 per person. One week's stay is $350 a person.

View attachment 1178258
View attachment 1178263
View attachment 1178264
View attachment 1178265
View attachment 1178267
Holy cow. How many people? You got a great thing going

I could never host a meetup at my home, but if I ever hosted one it would be at a rental at the beach and I'd bring my chef. :unsure:

View attachment 1178249

View attachment 1178258
View attachment 1178263
View attachment 1178264
View attachment 1178265
View attachment 1178267

Make It So Star Trek GIF

View attachment 1178258
View attachment 1178263
View attachment 1178264
View attachment 1178265
View attachment 1178267
That looks fucking amazing!!!

Holy cow. How many people? You got a great thing going

It varies by year, but usually 9-12. We have 10 this year. The chef doesn't pay a dime and we cover his cigars plus tips. One guy really wants to bring in a cigar roller girl. That will add to the cost quite a bit.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom